Yikes...MFP day 4...Co-workers ordering from Panera

Options
I am not very familiar with the food at Panera. Healthy options that are worth the $ and calories? Or bail out? Thanks for any advice.

Replies

• stayceal
    Options
    Is there nutrition info on their website? That's what I do real quick before I go if possible.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    There's all kinds of good stuff at Panera. They have the nutritional stuff on their menu. I would recommend their you pick two...get a salad and the black bean soup...yummm
    Also, most of their popular items are already in the MFP database.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    They have a nutritional calculator online and there are definitely some good choices that can be made there.
  • mavsgurl30
    Options
    their chicken noodle soup is deeee-lish!! and there's other great healthy options too. they have good salads, sandwiches.....
  • mhollywood1
    Options
    There website adds it all up for you. I love the You Pick Two and get the brocolli chedder soup with the mediterranean veggie sandwich for 490 calories.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    They have a black bean soup that's low cal, filling, and delish.
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    Google Panera....They are GREAT about having nutritional information...!
  • gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    They do list their nutrition on their website!!! Plan ahead, I usually get a half sandwich and cup of soup! = )
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    They have a terrific site that gives all the nutritional info. I like their vegetarian black bean soup. Delicious!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Google Panera....They are GREAT about having nutritional information...!
    Here ya go...

http://www.panerabread.com/pdf/nutr-guide.pdf

Have fun!
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    There's all kinds of good stuff at Panera. They have the nutritional stuff on their menu. I would recommend their you pick two...get a salad and the black bean soup...yummm
    Also, most of their popular items are already in the MFP database.

I agree, I LOVE the low fat black bean soup and either a sald or half a sandwich. However, don't make fun of me that I know this but the black bean soup is only served on Tue, Thur, Sat, and Sunday. Their low fat garden vegetable or their low fat chicken noodle are served today and both are excellent. Your only worries will be sodium, so just drink lots of water the rest of the day :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    There website adds it all up for you. I love the You Pick Two and get the brocolli chedder soup with the mediterranean veggie sandwich for 490 calories.

This sounds like a greal lunch!! I'm going to have to go to Panera soon!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I like the Thai Chopped Chicken Salad, if I remember correctly it's less than 400 calories for the full salad including the dressing, and very filling.
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    most of their soups are fine, even if you eat the chunk of bread that comes with it. you can get salads and fresh fruit, too.
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You Pick Two. Black Bean soup and Thai Chopped salad. One of my favorite combinations. :)
  • miss_missa07
    Options

THIS. Those are my two favorite options at Panera, and they don't break the calorie bank. That sandwich is to die for.

About 2 months ago they had a vegetable soup with pesto. My god it was delicious. They have since gotten rid of it, and when that happened, I died a little inside.

Pretty much, as long as you stay away from the baked goods there, you are going to be fine on calories.
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Last time I was at Panera, I had the apple chicken salad. I omitted the pecans and blue cheese crumbles to reduce the calories.
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    They do all kinds of healthy items and the calories are on the board at the register and on the website... my personal choice is a half sandwich and salad for around 450, generally.
  • ShrinkyDinkie
    Options
    stay away from their muffins. lol. coworkers brought in panera last week. i stared and stared at these fantastic looking blueberry muffins but after seeing they were 470 calories or what not, i gladly passed. lol