TOP HEAVY.....

Options
Hi guys, I just had some quick questions that I was hoping you could help me out on.....I was wondering if you lose your breast once you start dropping weight...I am a size DD right now and I hate them....I want them to go...LOL....Is there certain excersises you have to do to get rid of them or do they start to go as the weight comes off?:smile:

209540.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• sinisme
    sinisme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Don't they start to go once the weight comes off? that's what i always understood...:flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention that - I have implants from breast cancer reconstruction and got them when I was at my heaviest - these suckers don't shrink - my daughter said they're huge....They are only a D but it's funny that for once in my life I am a bit chesty.....guess for what I paid for them I deserve it :wink:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I definitely know mine go up and down, I have some bras I wore when very thin and they might just snap and take an eye out if I attempted to wear them now:laugh: They will probably go down as all things do, as I've went up and down over the years, I used to never gain in my face - as I'm getting older me and my buddy dc (double chin) seem to make an appearance everywhere:bigsmile: but with all that said, you may not get lower than a D but with a smaller back - which may look alot better when you're there!:flowerforyou:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. I always lose there first, but i have a friend that doesn't ever lose from there. At least insurance will pay for a reduction if it's medically necessary.
  • cdgbelle
    cdgbelle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I am so ready for these things to shrink. I've lost 21 pounds since I started doing this (I do not call it dieting) at the beginning of March. I don't measure, because I haven't gotten around to getting a measuring tape, but I am able to fit in blouses I couldn't before and I've had to tighten my bra. I'm hoping I'll have to go get a new one after another 5 or 10 lbs. :smile:
  • chubzee
    chubzee Posts: 104
    Options
    Speaking from experience ta ta's are the first thing thing to go for me....but everyone is different. I would love to keep what I have.. but unfortunately we can't choose where we would like the weight to come off unless we opt for liposuction. Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey. :smile:
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    They are one of the first things to shrink when I loose weight. I haven't when down a pants size yet, but I when down a bra size already.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I've always had large breasts (since 6th grade) so I figured mine wouldn't shrink. Well they have, I"m happy to say, and my hubby is sad... LOL He doesn't have to wear them, he can be sad all he wants! I was surprised that they shrunk but they did. Chances are, they will.
  • Teria
    Teria Posts: 36
    Options
    I know your pain, they are very annoying to deal with. BUT having an awesome bra will make the process of them going away a lot easier. Try getting a nice bra. I got a sports bra from this website (Titlenine.com) that I have had three years and it has made the process of waiting for my boobs to shrink alot less stressful (on my back and during everyday activities and workouts). AND I have never had to switch it out and it still works when I am a 36C or a 38DD. They are somewhat expensive but 60$ for a bra that lasts 3 years, All those other bra companies may never get your $$$ again, lol.
  • chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ive always been big chested since before i was heavy, so i know when i lose the weight i wont be going down any cups sizes which is dissapointing. i hate having such big boobs but one day ill get a reduction.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I am currently a 34 E. My cup size didn't change but my strap did so my actual breast size is a little smaller. I would recommend finding a lingerie store that specializes in hard to find bra sizes (i.e. NOT Victoria Secret) and getting fitted or going to a bra fitting event at one of the high end department stores. 85% of women were the wrong size bras. I took a friend to get fitted and she found out she should be wearing a 32G. She was wearing a 36C. When you have large breast, wearing a good bra can get rid of back cleavage (wearing a bra that is too BIG is the normal cause) and make your breast look SMALLER and perkier so you look thinner.

Sorry about the rant :blushing: I am just a true believer that your underwear is the foundation of your clothes and a good bra (or two) is worth the money.

P.S. there are no exercises to make your breast smaller but working you pecs can make the perkier.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Mine have gotten a lot smaller (to my hubby's disappointment) and deflated :grumble:

I want to have a reduction to get rid of th excess skin, we wants me to get implants :laugh:
  • sherri_pie22b
    sherri_pie22b Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    209540.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Thanks so much for all the advice guys....
  • sassekel
    sassekel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My cup size didn't change but band size went down 2 inches so far. depends on the person, I think. I've always been top heavy, currently 38 DDD. I think I'm stuck with them.
  • ronkswife2000
    ronkswife2000 Posts: 176
    Options
    I definately think that once you start losing weight your boobs shrink... every time I start a program my DH monitors my chest and once they start going he starts fussin' lol :laugh:
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the person. mine have always stayed... ther. However the band size on my bra changes - from say a 44-DD to a 36-DD (and back and forth, lol).

I had a personal trainer tell me they wer going to get smaller and I was almost excited, thiniing I might actually get to wear a haltar top some day. He was amazed that not only while the rest of my shrank did they not shrink, but got bigger because the muscles behind them built up. Now, this was back when I was in my 20s, so I'm pretty sure my body response has changed since then, :laugh:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I'm a still G/H. My cup is still running over but my band size has gone down. As others have stated a good bra makes all the difference go to a professional bra fitter. I actually got a comfort choice bra with pads in it and the girls are sitting high. Who would have thunk it. And don't settle for cone breast unless you like it that way. I hate being coned
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I am quite a busty gal myself.....mine always pop down to about a D cup at about 180.....and thats all she wrote....So for me I go from an F to a D and stick there. I have noticed that my 20 pounds has come off is some strange places and yes....that is one of them, my bras are a bit loose in the cup....

Remember alot of it will have to do with your genetics too.....if you were meant to be all boobs, you shall be all boobs.....just might be a bit tinier everywhere else ya' know.

:flowerforyou:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I am currently a 34 E. My cup size didn't change but my strap did so my actual breast size is a little smaller. I would recommend finding a lingerie store that specializes in hard to find bra sizes (i.e. NOT Victoria Secret) and getting fitted or going to a bra fitting event at one of the high end department stores. 85% of women were the wrong size bras. I took a friend to get fitted and she found out she should be wearing a 32G. She was wearing a 36C. When you have large breast, wearing a good bra can get rid of back cleavage (wearing a bra that is too BIG is the normal cause) and make your breast look SMALLER and perkier so you look thinner.

Sorry about the rant :blushing: I am just a true believer that your underwear is the foundation of your clothes and a good bra (or two) is worth the money.

P.S. there are no exercises to make your breast smaller but working you pecs can make the perkier.

Wow you are an E? You look tiny for an E.......is that a US... E do you mean F or DDD cause I don't think there is an E....? Just curious.