Lunch Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    If you don't bring a lunch from home here are my suggestions: Look up calorie/nutrition values of places before going to them-that really helps

Chipotle--burrito bowl--I like the steak or chicken, brown rice, pico de galo, black beans, sour cream and guacamole on the side

Panara Bread--Have great 2 for deals on their menu and list the calories right on it as well. My fav is the thai chicken salad 1/2 with chicken noodle soup. Or if I'm eating more calories then brocoli cheddar soup with 1/2 turkey artichoke panini.

Wendy's-Large chilli minus the crackers and cheese---very yummy
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Why not pack a lunch and eat it outside or even in your car? I do a lot of salads, fresh fruit, yogurt, string cheese, and sandwiches on the sandwich thins bread for lunch and you wouldn't have to heat any of that up. With an hour in nice weather you could get in a walk too.

GREAT idea. Better on the wallet to bring a lunch too.

I was going to suggest eating a packed lunch at your desk and going for a walk afterward. Or, if you need to feel like you're accomplishing something, maybe there are small errands you can do during your walk. If there's a grocery store nearby you could pick up ingredients to make a healthy dinner (shopping every day generally leads to better meals and less food waste anyway).
  • jtcc91
    jtcc91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I pack my breakfast, lunch, and snacks and bring them to work with me every day. Lately it's been oatmeal with fresh mixed berries for breakfast. A Dole fruit cup for a snack. I keep the little packets of Lipton Cup-O-Soup (Spring Vegetable and Chicken Noodle) in my desk drawer.. only 50 calories! They are good for a snack or for lunch. If I have one for lunch, I add about 5 Saltine crackers, a Sorrento Colby Jack cheese stick, and some raw carrots/celery/cauliflower. Afternoon snack is a yogurt or 1/4c pistachios or cashew.. I can eat at my desk when I feel like it and then I use my lunch hour to go out and walk Plus, I like the fact that I am not spending money on food everyday and I know exactly what my intake is. :)
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    We have a salad bar at the local grocery store. Make sure just to get fresh veggies and go very light on the salad dressing.
  • lola374
    lola374 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If I have to run out for lunch, I try to stop by Chick-fil-a and eat a Southwest Chargrilled Salad and fat free Honey Mustard dressing (whole packet). These items are 360 calories combined. (Please note: I skip the sunflower seeds and tortilla chips).

The salad with a Coke zero is a pretty good lunch.

I still think the best lunch is the one I bring from home: frozen entrees or soups to heat up in the microwave, sandwiches, or salads.

Enjoy!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Panda Express: an entree of beef brocoli is 120 so if you go for the 2 entree plate with veggies it is 310

Chikfila: chargrilled chicken sandwhich, with croutons, and seasame seeds plus light italian is 345

Mcdonalds: grilled chicken club sandwhich without * bun kids size fries is 360
  • goldenm
    goldenm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    you can try Chipotle if there is one nearby, if you get a salad instead of the burrito and no chips, the carnitas salad can be around 300 cal
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! All of these are fantastic suggestions. In warm weather I will typically go to a beautful Shrine we have close by and walk around there for 30 minutes or so and grab lunch on my way back. But its so cold and snowy here (Ohio) that the thought of even going out filled me with dread. I think I am going to try to start packing my lunch and then using my lunch break to walk around our plant. I just need the break away from my desk for a little bit!!

BTW - I ended up getting Wendy's Ultimate Grilled Chicken with no mayo today if anyone cares..hahah.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! All of these are fantastic suggestions. In warm weather I will typically go to a beautful Shrine we have close by and walk around there for 30 minutes or so and grab lunch on my way back. But its so cold and snowy here (Ohio) that the thought of even going out filled me with dread. I think I am going to try to start packing my lunch and then using my lunch break to walk around our plant. I just need the break away from my desk for a little bit!!

BTW - I ended up getting Wendy's Ultimate Grilled Chicken with no mayo today if anyone cares..hahah.

i had the same thing. lol.