Will I bulk up from shoveling snow?

Options

Replies

• k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    just use one of those little bitty kiddy shovels.... that way you aren't lifting as much and it's more like cardio cause it'll take you 4 times as long to shovel

Perfect: Lower weight + higher reps = cardio LOVE IT!!! Where's my little **** shovel???
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Don't risk it.

Get a extension cord and your hair dryer. 3-4 hours tops and it should all be gone! :drinker:
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    So glad we rarely get snow LOL
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Being from Newfoundland Canada.. I do my fair share of shoveling.. especially since im a single mom.. no man to shovel my snow.. Last year the majority of my weight loss was from shoveling.. Since proper shoveling is bending your knees.. I did squats to get the shovel of snow and then jumped out of it to throw it up on the bank... I never bulked up as it is only for a few months of the year I can do this.. so unless you got snow all year round I wouldn't worry about getting bulky.. and its listed in the database for how many calories you can burn.. my neighbors probably thought I was crazy... but within 3 months of shoveling and eating right I lost 26lbs!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    No you won't bulk up. No one gets bigger biceps while drinking wine and watching the snow melt. :wink: :drinker:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this is a parody thread from the thread about shoving snow for cardio yesterday
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Yes. But better you be shoveling snow than me so... :tongue: :tongue:
  • AnnieFJ
    AnnieFJ Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I thought the yellow snow was HCG?

Never eat yellow snow.........
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I thought the yellow snow was HCG?

Never eat yellow snow.........
    Just drink it.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much layering you wear to keep warm while you do it. I imagine if it's cold and you need 2 ski suits on, you'll look pretty bulky.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Yes, dong anything that requires you exerting force on an object will cause you to look like a she-hulk, and ultimately, unattractive. Avoid all work besides cardiovascular exercise.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I dunno, come shovel my walk and driveway and find out! ;)
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure this is a parody thread from the thread about shoving snow for cardio yesterday

Nope, wrong parody. :flowerforyou:

BTW: Was yesterday's thread funny???
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    TIP: The more you shiver, the more calories you will burn. Try shoveling in your unmentionables.

snow-shoveling-woman.jpg
  • therighttrack
    therighttrack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You guys are HILARIOUS!! I just got my first snow fall for the season today. On my way out to shovel now, I will take some of your good advice in hand! (Like the little shovel perhaps!) LOL
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you use a "Barbie" shovel - no worries about bulking, lol!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow!
  • Willdaddy09
    Willdaddy09 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't shovel snow constantly or consistently though, I read a study recently about how the cold air combined with quick jerky movements (shoveling snow) drastically increases the chance for a heart attack
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    You do realize that snow is a 4 letter word! And should never be mentioned in mixed company!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    TIP: The more you shiver, the more calories you will burn. Try shoveling in your unmentionables.

snow-shoveling-woman.jpg

If I looked like that, I might.