For all the *actual* dog lovers out there...

Options

Replies

• Eeyore255
    Eeyore255 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    <
    Ladies & gentlemen, I introduce to you: Mr. Hunter Ebineezer-Dequan Brown, the T-Rex trapped in a chihuahua's body. He answers to many names, and likes to sing. His favorite songs are "Mack the Knife" and "Beyond the Sea." He will be 13 next month. He's also in my ticker.

I can't imagine NOT having a dog in the house.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Get that little miss spayed!!!! Best thing you can do for her and the pet population!! Having your animal spayed or neutered is the number one way to show your love!!!!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    <
    Ladies & gentlemen, I introduce to you: Mr. Hunter Ebineezer-Dequan Brown, the T-Rex trapped in a chihuahua's body. He answers to many names, and likes to sing. His favorite songs are "Mack the Knife" and "Beyond the Sea." He will be 13 next month. He's also in my ticker.

I can't imagine NOT having a dog in the house.

You MUST record this. I for one, would watch many times on youtube =)

What an adorable little guy!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I've had my dog Inca since she was 4 months olds she was a rescue. i trained her to help me around the house (I'm a wheelchair user),. she can empty washing machine and dyer, open and close doors, turn light switches on and off (ones on wall you flip down), helps me pull clothes off, picks stuff up etc.. she's a great help.

She will be 11 this year and supposed to be retired as assistance dog but try telling her that!.. she sulks if I empty the washing machine without her... lol!

Inca is my lifeline, my 'little girl' and I love her to bits!
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I haven't met very many dogs that I haven't fallen in love with. I love most cats too. I've met more of them that I dislike. :)
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    <
    This is my baby Lilly, We got her from a shelter 2 years ago. I love how many people on this thread rescued dogs, I think they know and are extra great for thier owners. We think she is a Pitt Bull/ Beagle mix but it is hard to say. She loves to sing and talk, run, lay in the sun and nap. She is not great with other dogs so we are not abble to get a friend. She is mine and my boyfriends everything!
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    IMG_0040.jpg

Pongo, Stigly, Bill
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    We have two dogs that I love with all my heart. Daisy is a big St. Bernand/Lab mix. She is just a big dumb dog that just loves to be loved. She has to be touching one of us all the time, so much so that she will fall asleep sitting up with her head in our lap. Emma is a little brown mutt. We have no idea what she is, but man she can run. She is about half the size of Daisy and completely opposite. She likes to be alone, very independent. But, loves to lay in front of the fireplace in the winter. She is a sweet dog that is far too smart for her own good.

My life wouldn't be the same without them. :)
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY AGREE,UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, WHERE ELSE CAN YOU GET THAT??
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm lovin' all this dog lovin'!!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I love my damn dog, and my life has been enriched by every dog that I've owned. :drinker:

This. Better get back to cuttin' tail holes in diapers, dude. XD

We have a mutt. She's amazingly stupid. Hates UPS trucks and their drivers, be they right outside or a block away. She "takes care" of our kidlet when she's not well. Can't go outside first thing in the morning until she's spastically greeted everyone in the house by running into them with a snarly smile. I love her to bits.
    ^^^^^ LOVE THIS!!!^^^
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    We lost one of our fur babies in November.
    Her name was Sasha (after the DJ)
    We had her over 12 years, but she had a skin complaint and was suffering from separation anxiety when ever my wifey went out.

I'm so sorry for your loss =( 1 more puppy angel in heaven.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I love dogs! Thank you to everyone that posted, this thread makes me smile so much. And I'll never pass up an excuse to show off my puppy :)
  • awoodwaring
    awoodwaring Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    We have 3 dogs, Chloe (2 yr old Cocker Spaniel), Sequoia (9 mo old Great Pyrennes/Akbash), and Brin (our 14 yr old SPCA special).

This is my first time posting pics, so hopefully it will work!

Our Cocker Spaniel, staying true to her hunting roots:
    037.JPG

Our GP/Akbash after he found my newly planted flowers (grrr):
    %252520003%252520%2525287%252529.JPG

And our SPCA Special after her ears deflated (they used to be pointy!):
    July%2525202010%252520034.JPG
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Get that little miss spayed!!!! Best thing you can do for her and the pet population!! Having your animal spayed or neutered is the number one way to show your love!!!!

agree whole heartedly!!! my girl was spayed at 5 1/2 months, never had to worry about her going into heat at all. not that my brother's big glden retriever realized that when he first met her! but she's a cutie, so i understand his trying. lol
  • ljholmann
    Options
    I have two Doberman's Ava & Raven. I had to put Diesel my red Doberman down this past Thanksgiving. I am still heart broken. I have 1 cat Sphynx and 2 horses Hobo & Shy. I really, really miss my Diesel & feel as though my heart breaks each & everyday that I get up and he is not there.:sad:
  • Blodnie
    Blodnie Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm crazy about animals! We have two dogs - a Great Pyrenees Mountain Dog (huge, massive hulk, biggest suck alive), and a Chow Chow who is the alpha dog in our house. She comes across as quite the big shot to most people - holds herself like she's in charge and everyone should know it - but with me she's my baby and the sweetest thing alive. We also have one little kitty who is *really* the one in charge. She loves to terrorize the Chow. Can't imagine my home without the 4-footed children.
  • BeardieDad
    BeardieDad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have three dogs all Bearded Collie boys. Two of them the ones I've had since puppyhood are in my profile picture. The otehr is a rehome that came to me in February. At this point you'd think they all grew up together. I call the the Tres Amigos or at times the Beardie Bad Boys or B cubed.
  • awoodwaring
    awoodwaring Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm crazy about animals! We have two dogs - a Great Pyrenees Mountain Dog (huge, massive hulk, biggest suck alive), and a Chow Chow who is the alpha dog in our house. She comes across as quite the big shot to most people - holds herself like she's in charge and everyone should know it - but with me she's my baby and the sweetest thing alive. We also have one little kitty who is *really* the one in charge. She loves to terrorize the Chow. Can't imagine my home without the 4-footed children.

Our GP mix has never met a stranger he didn't fall instantly in love with!
  • KatiD83
    KatiD83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    .......no outfit is complete without dog hair.

Ha! So true! I have 5 labs and I can't imagine what I would do without them. They are all rescues, and some days I swear it's like having 5 kids in the house. The down side to it is, not one of them will walk on a leash. I live in a rural area, so some are scared of cars, pull too much or were born trackers, so instead of walking we are tracking critters. I lost one in May, and it still hurts as if it were yesterday. They become such a part of your life, I wouldn't have it any other way!