For all the *actual* dog lovers out there...

Options
CaptainGordo
CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
We have a white toy poodle, a little over a year old, named Snowball (per my daughter).

She spends about 50% of her day outside, weather allowing. She might look prissy, but she loves to dig like crazy.

She's never destroyed anything in our home, and was house-trained by her second day with us. She knows to only climb onto the furniture when invited, for the most part.

She's in diapers at the moment, as I didn't get her spayed before her 2nd cycle started. :laugh:

I love my damn dog, and my life has been enriched by every dog that I've owned. :drinker:

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,098 Member
    Options
    .......no outfit is complete without dog hair.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like all animals.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I have my baby boy in my lap and my girl tucked under my desk...no other sounds in the house except tiny dog snoring and the occasional moan (baby boy doesn't like it when I shift in my chair. I'm to stay motionless, as far as he's concerned.).

They're both dachshunds.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I love my damn dog, and my life has been enriched by every dog that I've owned. :drinker:

This. Better get back to cuttin' tail holes in diapers, dude. XD

We have a mutt. She's amazingly stupid. Hates UPS trucks and their drivers, be they right outside or a block away. She "takes care" of our kidlet when she's not well. Can't go outside first thing in the morning until she's spastically greeted everyone in the house by running into them with a snarly smile. I love her to bits.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    We have two dachshunds and a beagle! They make me so happy when I come home from work and they act like they've been waiting for me all day! They love to lay in the sun in the yard and cuddle on the couch in the winter.

I don't want to imagine what my life would be like without my furry little pals!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    My zoo is down now to just one dog and a cat.

At one point I had 8 dogs and a cat.

The other 7 dogs caught the parvo virus and had to be put down. :sad:

Edited to add: my dog is a Jack Russell/Lurcher cross. He's 11 and is a rescue dog. (Lurchers are closely related to greyhounds)
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    <--- i love my dogs.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    The other 7 dogs caught the parvo virus and had to be put down. :sad:

That's horrible! I'm so sorry. :cry:

I always feel better when I have my dog at my house, I sleep better when she's there, I'm more motivated, and all around happier.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    <--- i love my dogs.

Aww they are super cute!!
    I wish I could have a dog but I live in a small condo and I have a cat. I love my brother's and my mom's dogs, they are such great dogs.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    We love our boxer/shepherd mix. Her "boxer" days are difficult, but she's such a loyal pup!

JM
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Can't go outside first thing in the morning until she's spastically greeted everyone in the house by running into them with a snarly smile. I love her to bits.
    I love the reception I get every time I walk in the door -- even if I was only outside for two minutes.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I admit I'm more of a cat person, but I do love dogs too! My dad's puppy is just the sweetest:

n3u2c7.jpg
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Can't go outside first thing in the morning until she's spastically greeted everyone in the house by running into them with a snarly smile. I love her to bits.
    I love the reception I get every time I walk in the door -- even if I was only outside for two minutes.

Sometimes my boys seem MORE excited when I've only been outside for a few minutes. They're like, "OMG YOU'RE BACK ALREADY!!! WE WEREN'T EXPECTING YOU YET!!! AYAYAY!!!!!"
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    IMG_0598.jpg

Our puppy
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    My dad has an 8 month-old Golden Retriever, and after being around a toy poodle, it was a shock. :laugh:

So much fun wrestling with a dog that is 80+ pounds.
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    We have a black lab, love her sweetest dog ever. We go on daily walks no matter what the weather! she helps keep me going!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Now see, I posted a thread just like this and no one replied. No one loves me. :-( *sniff*

But my DOG loves me ...
  • surgesilk
    Options
    Being an 'actual' dog lover is illegal in most states.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    <
    Rupert is my best friend.
  • marbit
    marbit Posts: 108
    Options
    <
    how i love my puppy!