For all the *actual* dog lovers out there...

Options

Replies

• just_a_southern_belle
    Options
    .......no outfit is complete without dog hair.

rofl!!! Love this. I own St. Bernards so it is hard for us to get out the door without dog hair AND drool. *sigh*
    But I love my big ole babies.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    675779_8110.jpg

Tosco says, "I only wear Gucci"
    NewImage-2.jpg

y.jpg
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    IMG_0598.jpg

Our puppy

Awww super adorable!!
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I have two dogs; a 12 year old Cocker Spaniel mix & a 9 month old Maltese mix. They are BOTH rescues <3 and I adore them with all of my heart & soul. Although the little one is a LICKER! When you wake up the first thing she wants to do is jump up on your lap and give you kisses <3
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    <
    He's vicious. Viciously cute.
  • Thulpa
    Thulpa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love my 15lb Llasa Apso. She if finally used to me carting her around.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I love my little Doxin Lola. Although she does not live with me becasue every place have moved to does not allow pets :( I still visit her at my moms and take her for walks. I hope to one day have her with me again she is a blast and so much fun to be around outside and during play time. She is also my kind of dog, knows when to just sit back and relax I am not a fan of the dogs that are in your face all day every day.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I love all dogs, but have a special place in my heart for Golden Retrievers. About the most gentle, smart, playful and sweet woofers on the planet. I'm on my third now. Boys and girls: meet Eric:

7179225_764.jpg

You will never see him without a tennis ball. Seriously. Never. I kid you not.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I've got a Red Heeler/Australian Stubby Tail Cattle dog (Mack) and a Red Heeler/Black Lab (Molly)...

I couldn't see my days with out these two. Mack and Molly bring me joy and unconditional love every day! Plus, I've lost like ten pounds since I've had Mack. I don't trust people who don't like dogs. Haha.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I swore I'd never have a little lap dog, but we got one a year ago and love her dearly. She's so sweet and loyal. Her name is Lola. My husband constantly tells her he's going to trade her in for a "real dog" but she sleeps on his lap on all the time.
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I miss my Pongo so very much....He was a very sweet and loving dog. We only had him for two and a half years and most of the time he was loosing the use of his hind legs, but I wouldn't have traded that time spent with him for nothing. We did everything we could for him. It was the hardest decision to let him go, but I was his "momma" and I had to due right by him. We have a cat, also..I adore her too....We found her in the dumpster and moved to an apartment complex that allows pets. Animals have been a main source of comfort and love throughout my life. There have been times when my animals treated me with more love and compassion then some humans did. Wild animals are just as beautiful and majestic....They take your breath away....
  • KacieHetrick
    KacieHetrick Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Rosco Moose (7 Y.O Labrador) is my best bud! :) Well him and his sister Chantilly (3 Y.O Cocker Spaniel)!
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    <
    This girl LOVES her dog. Yes she is my baby and I love her like she is.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    7179225_764.jpg

[/quote]

Looks like he's got two in is mouth!
  • brichnic
    Options
    <-- I'm a dog mom! <3 Our one and only dog, Shelby. An ALMOST 2 year old red headed cocker spaniel. She's my constant companion and smart as a whip.. unless it involves meeting people. She HATES meeting people and has to bark at them until they give her a treat.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My Lily when she first found us:

MinPin2.jpg

Minpin.jpg
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I have a beautiful 75 pound GSD named Smokey who thinks he is a lap dog. He is an absolute pain and I love him to bits. We rescued him, he has bad hips and a bullet in his leg. I know we don't have too many more years with him, but hopefully he thinks we take good care of him.

Love you Smoke! :heart:
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love my pugs!!

I have 2 boys Dexter and Milton - they make me so happy!

I am also pug rescue for our town and take in fosters and adopt them out all the time - just placed 5 dogs a few weeks ago!

Dogs make everything better!!
  • Sweetncgal78
    Sweetncgal78 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    We have 2 Basset Hounds, 1 male, 1 female. Our female , Suzie Q, is good as gold and her personality is just as funny - She was a rescue. Our male, Jasper, We bought before we were educated about animal breeding. He has been a huge handful since day one. fighting with him over eating his own poo (and the other's poo too), having to hover over him to keep him from licking up his own liquid waste, we couldnt get him house trained for almost 2 years, very aggressive over food, Has bladder issues and needs to go out atleast 3 times during the night (now that he is finally house trained), and I have to physically go outside with him be cause our fenced area is not connected to the house, so I have to take him out 3 times a night (between 10 & 5 am) whether its raining or not, snowing or not, even had to do it during a hurricane.

All that said -- I LOVE him sooooo much, and it is all worth it! -- favorite thing* - when he jumps in my lap unexpectedly (all 60lbs of him) and he just looks at me with those great big droopy eyes. Priceless!
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    7179225_764.jpg

Looks like he's got two in is mouth!

Actually, he does. He's always got at least one, but usually has two. My first Golden, Dave, was Eric's grandfather's brother, and he could hold three in his mouth at once. He'd stack the first two vertically, then push down on another ball on the floor, pushing the bottom one in the two-ball stack to the back of his mouth so the third one could get in there. :)