Options
    Shredded Wheat and Bran, no salt or surgar
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Special K RED BERRIES FTW!!!!!!!!!!
  • greenpollywawg
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal or at least old fashioned oats are what I try to eat for cereal. Throw in some chunked apple, dates, dried cranberries, blueberries, (the variations are endless) Otherwise, it's organic eggs and multigrain toast for me.
  • ilikeher
    Options
    Plain Quaker Oatmeal with Honey
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Kashi Golden Goodness... Light but delicious! With ALMOND MILK! Throw skim milk in the garbage! It's a waste of 55 calories!
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Combine 1/2 Special K Berry and 1/2 Post Blueberry Morning cereal
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with a dash of Cinnamon?

Sprinkled on top after it's cooked, as a sweetener (so, no need for sugar). Okay, maybe a little more than a dash.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    If I'm having cereal, I Iike:

Oatmeal with PB and banana
    Vector (5.5g protein, 215 cals/serving), but you get 1 1/4 cup of cereal.
    Quaker Corn Bran Squares
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    Kashi GoLean (Original) looks like rabbit food. Has 13 grams of protein per serving. Eat with some fruit! not too bad and keeps you full
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    I try to avoid cereal as they all seem to be high in calories. :sad:
  • amyofftherecord
    amyofftherecord Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    The problem with breakfast cereals is a lot of them are either sugary (basically candy for breakfast) or marketed as healthy when, if you read the actual calorie, salt, and sugar content (*cough*Special K*cough*) they aren't really all that impressive, nutritionally speaking.

I eat Shredded Wheat. It's got pretty much nothing added to enhance the flavour (which means, frankly, there isn't much), but it's quite filling considering the relatively low number of calories, and a great base to add to. I like walnuts and strawberries, personally.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean (original)...I eat it almost every day.

This^^^^

I am a cereal lover, and while this one is a little higher calories per serving, and a little more expensive, it really does keep me fuller longer than others I have tried. And all the flavors are really good. I am partial to the Honey Almond Flax.
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    I figure if you're going to eat cereal for breakfast, you might as well get one that you personally enjoy. It's usually not recommended at ALL! Mostly just carbs and sugar. However, I think the General Mills ones or the ones in the organic section (Barbara's brands and stuff) TEND to be better for you (whole grains and stuff) but that's not really saying much. Breakfast cereal is my biggest vice when it comes to this whole weightloss thing and I won't give it up! I have anything from Banana Nut Cheerios to Reese's Puffs to Kashi Go Lean and I've managed to still lose 60 pounds. If you actually pay attention to the serving size, you should be okay regardless of what you get. I mean, I'm sure there are some "healthy" sugarless cereals out there but with very similar nutritional value as their less low-fat, low-everything gimmacky cousins.

Agree!!!
  • pecarrick
    pecarrick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Any Special K cereal is super tasty with a 1/2 cup of skim milk. I will also eat a 1/2cup (dry) of Quaker Multi-Grain Hot Cereal. I will put some McCormick Pumpkin Spice and one splenda packet for flavor.

Both fill me up well, but esp. the Quaker oats! Good luck finding your breakfast niche =)
  • LindsayAnderson2012
    Options
    I often pair half a serving (26g) of the original Kashi Go Lean (good fiber and protein content), with a half a serving (27g) of Kashi Cinammon Harvest (soooo good! I LOVE this cereal), with half or whole cup of fat free milk. Filling and tasty.

With 1/2 C. FF milk:
    205 Calories
    1 g Fat
    13 g Protein
  • hlodwig
    hlodwig Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love Quaker's Oatmeal Apple and Cinnamon - the box's got Bob Harper's face on it so it can't go tooooo wrong I reckon!
  • JENJEN2011
    JENJEN2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Almond Special K
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend making oatmeal. Special K Oats & Honey cereal is also my guilty pleasure. I've heard it's not very good for you (and probably not very nutrient-dense) but I loooove it so much.
  • Funkyhairchic
    Options
    Can't go wrong with Quaker Oatmeal. Add some dried fruit or apples and it serves its purpose. Nothing processed about it.