For all the *actual* dog lovers out there...

Options

Replies

• hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    <
    my dog rocks! Crazy Jack Russell!!
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've got 3 dogs! =D I am actually planning on joining a police force dog unit because I love dogs and training dogs SO MUCH! May as well mix my two biggest passions - crime and doggies!!!!!

My eldest furbaby is a 6 year old terrier/poodle with a little-dog complex. SUPER attitude with this one, but she's super nice when she wants to snuggle. Still working on the food aggression. I consider her my step-baby since she came with my fiance who knew NOTHING about training a dog, so she has serious aggression and was very possessive about him. Now, she tolerates me.

My middle furchild is an adoptee from the Prince Albert, Saskatchewan humane society. Her name is Kira and she's a beautiful 4 year old border collie cross. Super smart. She's my wizz kid!!! Picks up on EVERY trick I teach her within 5 minutes. No joke. Probably too smart, but oh well. She is a daddy's girl and gets far more excited about my fiance coming home than me, lol. Oh well.

My youngest is a 1 and a half year old, 100lb black german shepherd named Bear. At a little over a month old, he wandered into my yard and decided to stay, so we kept him. Didn't think he'd grow up to be as huge as he is, or have as sweet of a temperment as he does. Even though he's under 2 years old, he's so calm. He's wonderful with children (let's my nieces ride him around the house), will NEVER bite, and rarely barks except to talk. He's also an absolute dream to walk - stays right beside you (I'm taking credit for that, but I'm sure his temperament had something to do with it). He's MINE! Haha. Loves wrestling with his daddy, but at the end of the day, he'd rather lay in bed with me than watch my fiance play video games, lol. Everyone loves him, too. Such a sweet personality. A gentle giant to the core.
  • PANZERIA
    Options
    <
    my dog rocks! Crazy Jack Russell!!

I LOVE JACKS!!!!! My best friend has a jack and he's just the cutest thing. =D Fabulous personality too. I love chasing him around.
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    My Husband and I have a 3 1/2 year old Boxadore named Cinder that we absolutely love and spoil to death. I take her everywhere with me. She loves car rides, walks/running, the dog park, swimming and just cuddling up on the couch with mommy and daddy acting like a lap dog (meanwhile she is 65 pounds). She is the center of our world! I Love My Baby

295950_541144571647_186601380_30989686_71235821_n.jpg
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    Here are my beasts.
    dogs-1-1.jpg
    dogs2.jpg

They are crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. The "little" one (1 1/2)wants to be on you 24/7 even when in the shower, the curtain flings open and then you have a dog trying to shower with you, and plays with our 3lb rabbit all day, they are BFF's. The old one(11) pretty much doesn't care what you do as long as you try to take whatever toy she brings you when you get home and she gets to play keep away, and you don't disrupt her extensive napping schedule and you leave her alone at 9pm(she has been trying to move this earlier recently) so she can go to bed, if you keep her up too late she sits there and grumbles at you while starting.
  • PANZERIA
    Options
    I have two Doberman's Ava & Raven. I had to put Diesel my red Doberman down this past Thanksgiving. I am still heart broken. I have 1 cat Sphynx and 2 horses Hobo & Shy. I really, really miss my Diesel & feel as though my heart breaks each & everyday that I get up and he is not there.:sad:

Aww, I can totally understand. =( My first furbaby, Echo, was 6 months old when she was hit by a car. I still miss her. You never really get over it, honestly.
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    How do you upload pictures, I would love to show you all a picture of my baby girl?
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    love my dogs more than most people!
  • rhiasmith
    Options
    I'm a definite animal lover! I'm a veterinary nurse :)
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My dog can annoy the hell out of me, but I wouldn't trade her for the world! She's a Bernese Mountain Dog and great with our two kids. My son snuggles with her all the time. I just wish she would quit chewing on her feet!
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    We have 3 dachshunds, Thelma and Louise (sisters) and Ceasar. We call them "the vandals". I also have a golden retriever mix named Speck. I got her from an ex boyfriend, some stray had puppies in his dog's dog house. When she was about a year old, a neighbor shot her, (she escaped the fence) and one of her hind legs had to be amputated. It has not slowed her down all these years. She is my bestest buddy, ever. I also have a cat Edie, who hates all who do not feed her. I would post pics, but I am not at home right now

edited to say,, OHHH, that's Speck in my ticker.....DUHHHH
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I love my baby:
    ContestTinker.jpg
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Stitch is our F1B Goldendoodle.

I'll admit, my first response to, "let's get a dog", was "no way"...but six months later, I'm really happy the wife and kids were persistent enough to change my mind.

zZv5V
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I love my dachshund ( <
    there he is! He loves the camera)

He has a million aliases, and responds to whatever you want to call him (Wiener, Beaner, Beanbag, GUY!, Hairy Son, Hugh Mann, etc.) but we refer to him as George Clooney because he's so damn dapper.

He is my everything. I can talk to him like a human and he understands. He seriously thinks he's a human. So much so that he insists on wearing stupid sweaters and gets upset if you try to undress him. I've caught him trying to dress himself even.

I just wish he knew how to use a phone so that I could call him and ask him how his day is going.

I think I'm going to seriously have a heart attack when he leaves. But I'm hoping by that time (he's turning 4 next month), that they'll have invented some sort of invincible-treatment for dogs.
  • LauraRose03
    Options
    Can't go outside first thing in the morning until she's spastically greeted everyone in the house by running into them with a snarly smile. I love her to bits.
    I love the reception I get every time I walk in the door -- even if I was only outside for two minutes.

Sometimes my boys seem MORE excited when I've only been outside for a few minutes. They're like, "OMG YOU'RE BACK ALREADY!!! WE WEREN'T EXPECTING YOU YET!!! AYAYAY!!!!!"

^^^^Omg, that is sooooo cute!!!!!! These posts made me happy. I love my four puppies, they are my babies.
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I really hate to see parvo being so much around here. Dexter got ill the day before we were supposed to drive to north carolina to get him. Of course we paid the 700 for the treatment - we had already fallen in love with him. He made it, but there are plenty who don't. :(.

Same with us, we got Sampson aka Sambo from our neighbor who had a litter and about a week after we got him he got Parvo and it cost us around $500 but thank goodness he made it thru!! He is part Beagle and Sheepdog (cutest thing, looks like a Terrier, LOL)

Sambo.jpg

Sambo2.jpg
  • srob636
    srob636 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Looks just like my baby Brena!!! She is SO sweet! But snores like a sailor!
    That was at Ananotbanna but apparently i "replied" instead of "quote".....
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    <
    NUFF SAID! :smile: :heart: :smile: