For all the *actual* dog lovers out there...

Options

Replies

• meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have a black lab named Buddy. He is almost eleven years old and he the best thing that has ever happened to me. Yeah... I'm completely serious. Buddy is brilliant, incredibly smart, and shockingly stinky... and I would rather hug him than anyone else in the WORLD!
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    Here is Dante. My 14 year old, Australian Cattle Dog mix taking a nap. At his age, this is pretty much what he does most of the day.

400499_2856673532245_1121801784_33090970_707458299_n.jpg

Here is a video of Grumpy. Wife and I rescued him from a shelter in Oct 2011. They say he is about 4 to 5 years old, mini schnauzer mix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-PBCeNQ-5w
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Our yellow lab/golden retriever/chow(?) mix is our baby. She's a good 70 lbs and takes up most of our king bed, sheds like crazy, and just recently started needing diapers to prevent her from "leaking", but she's so eager to please and she's the best cuddler I know.
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Stitch is our F1B Goldendoodle.

I'll admit, my first response to, "let's get a dog", was "no way"...but six months later, I'm really happy the wife and kids were persistent enough to change my mind.

zZv5V

oh how cute!!!!!
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    2010-07-02081314-1.jpg

Here is my baby!
  • jnite
    jnite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<This is Kira as a puppy and Monster the cat.

To all of you who have lost your babies, I'm sorry and feel for you. I lost my Nicky( dachshund) in Nov 2010 and still miss her.

I have had animals my whole life and would never live without one. They are my life.

Right now for indoor animals I have Mojo, an 8 year old chihuahua. Kira my just over 1 year old miniature pincher. And 8 rescue cats, Bear, Bitty, Whitey, Ewok, Monster, Snip, Belle, and Mr Purr Purr.

Outside we have 3 dogs, King, a 14 year old Anatolian Shepherd, Smoky, a 12 year old Norwegian Elkhound and Thor a 3 year old Bullmastiff/Alaskan Malamute.
  • mle_k
    mle_k Posts: 88
    Options
    <-- Our american bulldog Bandit (aka Bubba)... as a pup... he is 3 now and MUCHHHH larger.. (as am I :grumble: ) :laugh: We also recently adopted a boxer-pit mix... he is a super fun ball of energy and love.

yeay for dogs!
  • atlantapiper
    atlantapiper Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    HELP! I can't figure out how to post my dog's picture here :sad:
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    HELP! I can't figure out how to post my dog's picture here :sad:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104076-posting-pictures-on-the-boards-tutorial
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    <-- Our american bulldog Bandit (aka Bubba)... as a pup... he is 3 now and MUCHHHH larger.. (as am I :grumble: ) :laugh: We also recently adopted a boxer-pit mix... he is a super fun ball of energy and love.

yeay for dogs!

Absolutely adorable
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    This is Maxine, aka "eighty pounds of doggie goodness". She is spoiled rotten, but I wouldn't have it any other way! The best workout partner I could ask for!!

Hey-Imtryingtosleephere.jpg
  • mle_k
    Options

yeay for dogs!

Absolutely adorable

thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • mle_k
    Options
    <
    Kitana is the greatest dog ever! Now she is 10 months, but I love this puppy picture of her. She is 3/4 lab and 1/4 shepard. She is well mannered, loves the kids, piddels on the floor when people come over and does not get on the furniture. Talks to me first thing in the morning and is always on my six.

SO SO SOOOO Cute!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    <
    This is our baby Lilly Bear. She is a 2 year old Cockapoo. She has her own little fenced in area connected to our house with a doggy door so she can go out whenever she wants. My husband did not want to get a dog, but gave in to the kids and me. Now he says he doesn't know what he'd do without her. She has full access. She can get on any of the furniture she wants and she sleeps in bed with us every night. My girls get jealous sometimes saying that I spoil her too much...I chalk it up to sibling rivalry.
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Dogs are wonderful they make the world a much nicer place to live, and if there are no dogs in heaven, I don't want to go there. The people that love, cherish, care for, rescue them are my favorite people in the world!

Okay, Stop! Is this one yours?! A-freaking-dorable :heart:
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My Husband and I have a 3 1/2 year old Boxadore named Cinder that we absolutely love and spoil to death. I take her everywhere with me. She loves car rides, walks/running, the dog park, swimming and just cuddling up on the couch with mommy and daddy acting like a lap dog (meanwhile she is 65 pounds). She is the center of our world! I Love My Baby

295950_541144571647_186601380_30989686_71235821_n.jpg

OHHHHHH She looks like my Bella!!!! Mine is a pit bull/boxer mix and of COURSE my baby!!!

IMG_0500_1.jpg
    [/quote]
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    This is my daughter, with Molly, my first dog I adopted and my soul dog. She would have a problem with Eric the Golden taking all the balls! She was a ball FREAK! If she set the ball down next to you and you didn't pick it up and throw it for her, she'd pick it up and put it down again, because maybe you didn't see her do it the first time. I miss that girl horribly.
    mollysarah.jpg

This is Stitch. The shelter named him, and my kids wouldn't let me change his name. He was 6 mos old and a holy terror! After I watched Lilo & Stitch I realized it was the perfect name for him, but he chilled out (Molly showed him the ropes), and he's been the perfect host to all of my fosters. He's a little hard headed, but sweet as can be!
    Stitch.jpg

This is my current foster, Dolly, who may be getting adopted tomorrow. I already cried twice today. It's been a while since I cried over a foster, but I've really bonded with her, and she can't stand to be away from me. Her owner committed suicide and she was found running on the road 5 days later in Greenville, SC. They were going to put her to sleep, but the rescue pulled her just in time. She steals the hearts of everyone she meets! She's a pit/jrt mix and a HUGE lovebug!
    2011-12-11164008.jpg

I've loved seeing all the pictures posted and the stories! Gives me goosebumps to see so much puppy love. :heart:
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    <~~~~~ Here is our newest puppy, Ziva. She is a Boerboel and already over 100lbs at 8 months old. She is on par to hit 130-140, and she is so darn stubborn! My other dogs are on my profile page. As you will see, we have a fondness for big dogs.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Dogs are wonderful they make the world a much nicer place to live, and if there are no dogs in heaven, I don't want to go there. The people that love, cherish, care for, rescue them are my favorite people in the world!

My sentiments exactly.

We have two mixes. Penni is my baby and I couldn't imagine living without her. She's been with me for 8 years next week, and moved across the country 3 times, out up with me in various life stages and still loves me life I'm her one and only. The thought of her not being here takes the wind from my lungs. Love you Penni (and will post a photo soon!) xxx
  • cbuggin22
    cbuggin22 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump