to cadbury or not to cadbury?

Options
ok so here is the deal, today i had it all planned out i would run and do weights so i could eat one of these darn cadbury cream eggs (since someone "no names" started the easter egg discussion yesterday). So i did my workout and i have this wonderful cadbury cream egg sitting in front of me, i have 1100 calories left for today (including the calories i earned) and i cant eat the damn egg..... i feel so guilty just looking at it and sniffing the wrapper .... like realllllly guilty

so the question is .... do i eat it or not?

Replies

• icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    ok so here is the deal, today i had it all planned out i would run and do weights so i could eat one of these darn cadbury cream eggs (since someone "no names" started the easter egg discussion yesterday). So i did my workout and i have this wonderful cadbury cream egg sitting in front of me, i have 1100 calories left for today (including the calories i earned) and i cant eat the damn egg..... i feel so guilty just looking at it and sniffing the wrapper .... like realllllly guilty

so the question is .... do i eat it or not?
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    There is no problem enjoying an occassional treat - life would suck totally if we had to give up all treats. You've worked it into your calories and "paid" for it by exercising. So eat it already! Just stick to 1 and don't eat them everyday and you'll be fine. Also - savor it and enjoy it. The one I had last night was really, really good - though much sweeter than I remember them being. Enjoy!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    LOL@ sniffing the wrapper!

I mean, if you have the calories and want the treat, I say go for it! I mean, if you can eat ONE and have it be an occasional thing...it's not BAD to eat these things.

I was at Target today and picked up the egg shaped Snickers things they have out. I picked it up and was tempted. I would fit it into my daily calories...but I opted not to. I have some light ice cream to enjoy later!!
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    eat it! my mom is sending me a 2 POUND box of See's. I plan to eat it all, over time, with my husband.
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Do NOT deprive yourself. If you want it, and you worked out and saved calories - freaking have it! :)
    That's the beauty of this site. You can have your calories however you want....

Enjoy it.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    TO Cadbury....

100%
    :tongue:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    And I am STILL laughing at sniffing the wrapper! I don't know why, but that really tickled my funny bone!!!!! I keep picturing it! Hehehehehe!
  • avr1321
    avr1321 Posts: 96
    Options
    eat it! as long as you don't have one everyday you'll be perfectly fine. you gotta indulge sometimes or after a while you'll get so upset you'll eat your fridge! so just eat it and savor it. trust me, it'll all be worth it
  • icupfunny2000
    Options
    ok .... i will eat it thanks guys..... and ill even sniff the wrapper when im done to remind me how good it was :wink:
    j~
  • wobblybum
    wobblybum Posts: 21
    Options
    Run up & down the stairs whilst your'e eating it, but definately eat it - I have just had 1 piece of Terry's chocolate orange and it was bloody good LOL!!! Luckily my computer is 3 flights up stairs so i am up and down all night!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Run up & down the stairs whilst your'e eating it, but definately eat it - I have just had 1 piece of Terry's chocolate orange and it was bloody good LOL!!! Luckily my computer is 3 flights up stairs so i am up and down all night!

omg, I love your name!! That is what I am going to call my butt from now on.. my "wobbly bum!" Well, it's not as wobbly as it used to be!!! It's going to end up a rock hard bum!!!! hehe
  • icupfunny2000
    Options
    .......... i feel sick now:sick: too sweet
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Not to fuel the fire, but are you familiar with the mini ones? They might be just what you are looking for - a little treat, without the big committment of the full sized egg...
    :love:
  • icupfunny2000
    Options
    yeah i have seen the mini ones but they arent as creamylicious inside..... its the cream i want not the chocolate
    j~
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    .......... i feel sick now:sick: too sweet

Yeah - they are deifnately sweeter than I remember them being before!! Must be all that healthy eating. . . Funny though - you crave, you have, you don't like anymore and don't crave anymore. Sounds like a good way to kick the habit to me!! LOL
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    you don't need to feel guilty about it, enjoy it! you worked extra hard, just for that treat so its yours to have! if all you want is the cream, break it open and scoop it clean. save on the calories that way?
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Oh dear God, I love cadbury eggs. Can. Not. Have. I must resist since I had a cheat meal last night. :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • wobblybum
    wobblybum Posts: 21
    Options
    omg, I love your name!! That is what I am going to call my butt from now on.. my "wobbly bum!" Well, it's not as wobbly as it used to be!!! It's going to end up a rock hard bum!!!! hehe
    [/quote]

Well, it is wobbly but its getting better I will change my name accordingly through the year and hopefully will also end up calling it 'rock-ard' lol!

With the cream-egg thing though, just remembered I have had one in a basket (full of creams and potions etc) since last easter, every time i get my basket down I look at it and say 'no', although i will eat a piece of chocolate bar, i can't bring myself to eat the whole egg - how stupid is that!!!! It will be awful now and am sure it will taste disgusting surrounded by various body creams !
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,012 Member
    Options
    :laugh: this whole thread has made me laugh out loud! I :heart: you all!

p.s. maple
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am going to buy one myself and workout extra to earn it. I deserve a big treat once in a while! Now, I wonder how much I'd have to work out to get a Dairy Queen Cookie Dough Blizzard? Hmm.....:blushing: