can NE1 share there health recipies with me?

Options
can somebody pls pls pls help, I really want to change and feel better in my self.
I'm still new to this and spent all night looking up healthy recipes, and I havent been very inspired. My problem is I rely on carbs to give me that full feeling, I love pasta, rice and bread! But not really keen on brown pasta or rice.
I can only eat potatoes that have been cooked once (I cant reheat them - like shepherds pie or roast potaotes) otherwise I get really bad IBS. And my OH hates fish and all other sea food and wont let me cook it in the house. and budget is really tight these days so cant go for all the fancy health food options. Add low fat to the name and double the price it seems!
So it feels like all I'm left with is boiled potatoes or baked and grilled chicken, or casseroles, and I think that with out variety I'm going to get bored of this and fal l back into bad habits very fast!
I want to go down the GI route mainly, but struggling to find breakfast ideas that dont include cooking first thing (I leave for work too early and like ny bed too much! I normally grab toast (and marmalade) and a coffee to take with me in the car) when I'm off I have cereal.
I like cooking but have two jobs, a toddler and a uni course so need this to be easy on me time wise too.
Can anyone rise to this challange and help get me motivated and successfully eating healthier?

Replies

• Adventurehuntress
    Adventurehuntress Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love to make whole wheat pita wraps with lite cheddar, turkey, spicy hummus, and veggies like bell peppers, onions, and cucumbers. It's perfect dinner or lunch and its only like 300 calories! For breakfast I like a polenta with a egg over easy and a piece of turkey or oatmeal with blueberries.