Replies

• sarvissa
    sarvissa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    good job!!!
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Zumba too! you will be addicted if you keep going...it gets easier to do the steps...still a fantastic cardio workout and I agree with a few posters above...my HRM also says between 700-800 calories. Fun and losing weight--does it get any better?
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    awesome job :)

if you can get one, get a HRM so u can be sure just how much you're burning, but others have said it's pretty accurate
  • mstabner
    Options
    thank you for this posting , I have been taking Zumba classes but I did not know how many calories I had burned:)
  • MrsJohnston
    MrsJohnston Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Isn't it fun? I went for the first time this week with a friend who goes all the time. I have zero coordination and I huffed and puffed my way through the whole thing but it was so much fun! And I can't get over how much energy I had afterward!
  • Iheartsushi
    Iheartsushi Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I've lost 60 lbs taking/teaching the classes :)

I've seen it at the gym I just started going to, but I'm afraid to try it just yet... and I have bad knees. What's your opinion?

You will be fine. Just wear some crosstraining type shoes (or something supportive) and modify the dance moves. Zumba is all about going with the flow and you control your own pace. Some pivots my be difficult but it's not a lot of jumping or anything. It's a lot of hip and booty shaking lol!
  • jcnjsgurl
    jcnjsgurl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So...even doing Zumba with modifications can mean weightloss? To lose your 60 I am sure there was dieting and exercise, but how often and how long did you do Zumba?