What would you order off this menu

Options
Hubby is taking me out to dinner tonight & I can't decide what to order.
I wont order a salad, because they're over priced at restaurants. I go out to enjoy what I eat.

http://alaromapizzeria.com/fond-du-lac-wi-italian-menu.htm

Replies

• wantmorepies
    Options
    Can you have a salad to start and ask for the soup as a main course?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I would get the Chicken Parmesan and Pizza Focaccia. Do they have beer?
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I would get the Chicken Parmesan and Pizza Focaccia. Do they have beer?

I'm sure they have beer. But I'm pregnant LOL
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Chicken Gryo with a house salad (dressing on the side - both gyro and the salad). Enjoy your dinner :flowerforyou:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    If it were me I would order whatever I want at the time. I don't go out to eat all the time and when I do it's usually for something healthy, so on the few rare occassions I go out I like to enjoy myself. In the grand scheme of things that one meal is not going to make a difference, so go ahead and eat whatever it is you want off that menu girlfriend and congrats on your pregnancy!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    omg... two of everything! :bigsmile: ... okay, if I was really trying to not go overboard tonight, I'd probably skip the pasta. But, if you're set on pasta, skip those with cream (white) sauces. Tomato (red) sauces are definite wins in the calorie and fat counting cateogries... maybe the Chicken Calabria? For a non-meat sandwich, the Milano Panini sounds good to me. It's hard to really tell what all the stuff may actually have on it, though.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Chicken Gryo with a house salad (dressing on the side - both gyro and the salad). Enjoy your dinner :flowerforyou:

Oh, yeah, that sounds really good, too.
  • tenax
    tenax Posts: 97
    Options
    meatt, veggies and salad would satisfy me
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    omg... two of everything! :bigsmile: ... okay, if I was really trying to not go overboard tonight, I'd probably skip the pasta. But, if you're set on pasta, skip those with cream (white) sauces. Tomato (red) sauces are definite wins in the calorie and fat counting cateogries... maybe the Chicken Calabria? For a non-meat sandwich, the Milano Panini sounds good to me. It's hard to really tell what all the stuff may actually have on it, though.

I know it's annoying that this place has NO nutrition info =( I wish I knew what sodium everything was. It's the main thing I'm trying to watch right now. But I'm a pasta girl when it comes to this place.

Cheese Ravioli
    Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
    Chicken Parmesan are my top picks...

lol being prego I want them ALL hehehehe! jk, okay not really kidding =P
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Too bad they don't have crockpot cheeseburgers because I'd order that in a heartbeat!
  • whatamess00
    whatamess00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A pizzeria with no pizza! Go figure.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

I know it's annoying that this place has NO nutrition info =( I wish I knew what sodium everything was. It's the main thing I'm trying to watch right now. But I'm a pasta girl when it comes to this place.

Cheese Ravioli
    Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
    Chicken Parmesan are my top picks...

lol being prego I want them ALL hehehehe! jk, okay not really kidding =P

No matter what you get I can guarantee you that you'd be way over on sodium for the day.
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    A pizzeria with no pizza! Go figure.

They have pizza... I don't like it. But it's my parents favorite!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Shrimp or Chicken Primavera - hold the alfredo sauce, ask them to go light on the oil & no parmesan

that will probably run you about 500 calories by my estimation
    200 for the pasta
    200 for the chicken/shrimp
    50 for the veggies
    50 for miscellaneous - oil, etc.

There's also no harm in adding red sauce to that at very little calorie burden

There's also no harm in asking the chef to prepare you a light serving of pasta with steamed veggies and a chicken breast.

I always say - don't be afraid to ask for what you want - if they have the ingredients, most restaurants will accomodate some "reshuffling"
  • olivia3263
    olivia3263 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Definitely the rigatoni ala vodka - I'm a sucker for vodka sauce. YUM!
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    WOW! What a saucy menu! I'd probably go for the chicken primavera with the alfredo sauce on the side, and dip in to it. What did you end up getting?
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    WOW! What a saucy menu! I'd probably go for the chicken primavera with the alfredo sauce on the side, and dip in to it. What did you end up getting?

Leaving now. Going to probably get the ravioli. It comes with a choice of salad or soup, so I'll probably choose that caesar salad.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    spagetti and meatlballs which is my favorite thing in the whole wide world
  • nilesbollinger
    nilesbollinger Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Lasagna or Buffalo Panini
  • veronicarose
    veronicarose Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    you're pregnant- whatever you want!