What piece of equipment should I get? Come on..you know you

Options
13»

Replies

• Ynnep1000
    Options
    Check on Kijiji or Craigslist, you can probably get an awesome piece of equipment for under $100. That's what I'm gonna do. I was thinking that I'd wait until February when a lot of people who had a new years resolution to work out give up and want to be rid of the piece of equipment that reminds them of their failure.
  • hewwokitty
    hewwokitty Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Check on Kijiji or Craigslist, you can probably get an awesome piece of equipment for under $100. That's what I'm gonna do. I was thinking that I'd wait until February when a lot of people who had a new years resolution to work out give up and want to be rid of the piece of equipment that reminds them of their failure.
    :laugh::laugh:
  • Stinkybug
    Stinkybug Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a mini trampoline and I love it and so do my nieces and nephews : )
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    This!!

C6EC0A8F-orig.jpg

That's the ticket!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    kettlebells! Or if he's really generous, a Cybex lower body arc trainer!:laugh:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I can think of a fun piece of equipment to purchase...
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Boxing gloves for you, blocking pads for him. You can hit/kick him as hard as you want while also working out!
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Options
    This!!

C6EC0A8F-orig.jpg

:noway:
    Uh...don't think I'm ready for that one yet.

All the cool kids are doing it.

That is a good one. Squats rock!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    This!!

C6EC0A8F-orig.jpg

That's the ticket!

This was the first thing that came to my mind.
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Options
    Some thoughts on the pieces you mentioned. A mini trampoline. If you haven't tried one, do so first. I used to get headaches on them.

A Gazelle? I have one and I am weak, old, and out of shape, and it's really not a big challenge for me to do. Get something more challenging if you are in better shape than I am! I am using it to make my body move with little stress on my joints, but that seems about all it's good for. It uses momentum. It IS kind of fun to put music on and get going fast on it. (Fast for you would be too fast for me, no doubt.)

It's fun in a way, and gives someone like me a place to start. But if you are relatively strong, aren't rehabbing yourself, and are agile, I'd suggest something else.

There may be other people who know how to make the Gazelle more challenging than how I use it too. So, don't totally discount it just based on what I say. And again, if you can find one on display, ask if you can try it out.

Frankly, I think that weights and taking walks and pushups and pull ups would be a great and inexpensive way to get going.

I do a variation when I lean back and use my arms to pull, or lean forward and use my arms to push. This way my arms get worked out. For my legs, I bend my knees and hold them in a kind of squatted position. It makes my thighs burn!
  • Wocdam
    Wocdam Posts: 3
    Options
    Go to MyOMyTV.com and check out this Irish gal and her Kettlebells. She has a bunch on YouTube also .I too am a firefighter (25 years service time) and I am just getting started on kettlebells. Also you can can check out my coworker at his site............BlueCollarFitness.com
    Congrats Kiddo and good luck !
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'd get a BOSU.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Go to a used sports equipment store and buy a ton of stuff!!! We have a "play it again" store that has great deals!
  • HeatherFeather10
    Options
    I would get:
    Kettlebells
    Dip Station
    Dynamex ball
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Out of what you have listed, I would get the mini trampoline. I recently read an article about Tosca Reno of Oxygen Magazine and the Eat Clean Diet and she says she jumps 15 minutes a day on a trampoline and she is 50ish and looks AMAZING!
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I can think of a fun piece of equipment to purchase...

Haha!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    This!!

C6EC0A8F-orig.jpg

:laugh: that is a big piece of equipment!
  • XDoodlebugger
    XDoodlebugger Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bang for the buck and fun also would be a kettlebell. Look up a few videos on youtube.