chocolate cake

Options
chellefatfree
chellefatfree Posts: 90 Member
I am having the worst craving for Chocolate cake! Anyone have a good recipe for something that's not too high in Calories but is still moist and chocolatey:devil: ? Please Share!

Replies

• silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I tried the soda idea and put soda in a normal box instead of the eggs and oil, don't know how you feel about that.. but it made 60 mini cupcakes at 27 calories a cupcake without icing. I have icing that I use when I'm in the mood for it, it puts a tad bit more on there maybe around 45 calories. With icing they taste almost identical to normal cupcakes! Without they taste like little muffins to me... they are a tad bit crumbly but worth it in my opinion :)

I used Duncan Hine (spelling) mix and Coke Zero... made them a few days ago and still nibbling on them when I have a few calories left.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I tried the soda idea and put soda in a normal box instead of the eggs and oil, don't know how you feel about that.. but it made 60 mini cupcakes at 27 calories a cupcake without icing. I have icing that I use when I'm in the mood for it, it puts a tad bit more on there maybe around 45 calories. With icing they taste almost identical to normal cupcakes! Without they taste like little muffins to me... they are a tad bit crumbly but worth it in my opinion :)

I used Duncan Hine (spelling) mix and Coke Zero... made them a few days ago and still nibbling on them when I have a few calories left.

Is the cooking temp & time the same as the box? I am going to try this. Thanks:smile:
  • silhouettes
    Options
    I used the same temp, but keep an eye out on them, they got done a little before they said they were supposed to, maybe a few minutes.. check after 10 minutes then every couple afterwards, mine got done about 4 minutes before they were supposed to.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Bundt Cake
    A 6-cup Bundt pan is smaller than the standard size. You can also use a 9-inch round cake pan.

YIELD: 10 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
    COURSE: Desserts, Cakes/Frostings
    Ingredients

1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup butter, softened
    2 large egg whites
    1 large egg
    1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
    2 teaspoons instant espresso granules
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    Cooking spray
    Preparation

Preheat oven to 350°.

Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add butter, egg whites, and egg; beat with a mixer at low speed 1 minute. Beat at high speed 1 minute. Add milk, espresso granules, and vanilla; beat 1 minute. Pour batter into a 6-cup Bundt pan coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.

Nutritional Information
    Amount per serving
    Calories: 192
    Calories from fat: 28%
    Fat: 6g
    Saturated fat: 3.5g
    Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
    Protein: 4g
    Carbohydrate: 32.8g
    Fiber: 1.8g
    Cholesterol: 34mg
    Iron: 1.3mg
    Sodium: 225mg
    Calcium: 27mg
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Texas Sheet Cake
    Light and fluffy yet rich and moist, Texas sheet cake is one of our favorite chocolate desserts.

YIELD: 20 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
    COURSE: Cakes/Frostings, Desserts
    Ingredients

Cake:
    Cooking spray
    2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    2 cups granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup water
    1/2 cup butter or stick margarine
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
    1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 large eggs
    Icing:
    6 tablespoons butter or stick margarine
    1/3 cup fat-free milk
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
    3 cups powdered sugar
    1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    Preparation

Preheat oven to 375°.

To prepare the cake, coat a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with cooking spray, and dust with 2 teaspoons flour. Set prepared pan aside.

Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 2 cups flour and next 4 ingredients (2 cups flour through salt) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Combine water, 1/2 cup butter, and 1/4 cup cocoa in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; pour into flour mixture. Beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add buttermilk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and eggs; beat well. Pour batter into prepared pan; bake at 375° for 17 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack.

To prepare the icing, combine 6 tablespoons butter, milk, and 1/4 cup cocoa in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and gradually stir in powdered sugar, pecans, and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Spread over hot cake. Cool completely on wire rack.

Note: You can also make this recipe in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 375º for 22 minutes.

Nutritional Information
    Amount per serving
    Calories: 298
    Calories from fat: 30%
    Fat: 10g
    Saturated fat: 5.5g
    Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
    Protein: 3.1g
    Carbohydrate: 49.8g
    Fiber: 0.5g
    Cholesterol: 44mg
    Iron: 1.1mg
    Sodium: 188mg
    Calcium: 25mg
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You may want to try the weight watchers snack cakes-they make one in chocolate-it is small/snack size -I believe it is 90 cals but enough to satisy the urge. Good luck from another chocoaholic!
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i know of one that is about 900 calories per slice.. would you like that one? pretty low cal
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake has MILK! And EGGS!! Drink some grapefruit juice with it, and you're all set....
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    bump
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Fast, easy, and good for you. It's 1 point on the WW system:

One box dry Angel Food Cake mix
    2-1/2 cups Duncan Hines dark chocolate fudge cake mix

Mix both dry mixes together, measure 1/3 cup dry mix into microwave safe bowl (cover and store remainder for later). Add 3 tbsp water to mix in microwave safe bowl, stir well. Put in microwave for 1 minute. Voila!!!! Single serving chocolate cake. Put in fridge for a few minutes for cooler cake or eat hot out of the microwave. I top mine with fat free ice cream. :happy: You can do this with any flavor cake mix and top it with anything you want.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I say: Eat your favorite chocolate cake, no matter the calories per pound.
    The trick: eat only a small portion, enough to satisfy your craving, so that the total calories are low

That is what I normally do, when faced with a dish high in calories that I absolutely love.
    I find that a smaller portion is enough :-)
  • dreams88
    Options

wow never thought to put soda in cake.. I will definitely try this one
  • chickidoo1121
    chickidoo1121 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am going to try this....thanks for sharing!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    Options
    You can also do the cherry chocolate dump cake.

1 can sugar free cherry pie filling
    1 chocolate cake mix

Fold pie filling into cake mix, put in pan, bake as directed on box. Poof. Cake!
  • chickidoo1121
    Options

*is this a can of coke zero?*
  • silhouettes
    Options

*is this a can of coke zero?*

Yes 1 can, sorry
  • chickidoo1121
    Options
    Thanks so much. I can't wait to try these. I LOVE my chocolate and haven't found a way to include it...now I think I can =)
  • kwest_4_fitness
    Options
    Fast, easy, and good for you. It's 1 point on the WW system:

One box dry Angel Food Cake mix
    2-1/2 cups Duncan Hines dark chocolate fudge cake mix

Mix both dry mixes together, measure 1/3 cup dry mix into microwave safe bowl (cover and store remainder for later). Add 3 tbsp water to mix in microwave safe bowl, stir well. Put in microwave for 1 minute. Voila!!!! Single serving chocolate cake. Put in fridge for a few minutes for cooler cake or eat hot out of the microwave. I top mine with fat free ice cream. :happy: You can do this with any flavor cake mix and top it with anything you want.

I forgot to specify that the Angel food cake mix has to be the water only kind!!! :blushing:
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Try googling "chocolatecoveredkatiie". about a thousand great ideas, all with nutritional info and all with chocolate!!:laugh: