Special K diet

Options
Who's tried the special k diet?

My first 2 weeks of trying out that diet I lost 10 pounds

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    You will likely gain it back unless you have learned to change your eating habits and maintain a proper calorie deficit or if you intend to replace your meals with special k indefinitely.
  • BlowYourMind
    Options
    I've never done the "diet", but I don't do diets. You shouldn't either, unless it's just to boost your weight loss. The point or really, the goal is to lose weight eating the way you should always be eating. You're heading to a good start though, so, congrats on your accomplishment! :smile:
  • Brittneyschoice
    Options
    I completely agree with the both of you, I don't plan on staying on the diet for long
  • peacek
    peacek Posts: 211
    Options
    Wow! That's encouraging to know that you lost weight on that diet!

I tried but was not able to keep up with it.
    May be I should try again! Just as a kickstart.
  • colehook
    Options
    I do love the protein shakes. I use them as a meal substitute when I'm short of time or drink on after a workout.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    It sounds like it might be a jumpstart or something to get you off of a plateau, but not something to sustain. I do like their Special K Protein Plus cereal because it tastes just like other flake cereals but much healthier, and some of their bars are pretty decent too. But I only use those things to supplement my nutrition, not to fully BE my sole source of nutrition.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I don't do the Special K diet, but I do have a bowl of vanilla almond Special K cereal every morning ( or at least 19x out of 20). Having a consistent breakfast has helped me alot.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I tried the diet a while back, but felt like it just wasn't enough food. Since starting on MFP though, I've been eating Special K red berries every morning for breakfast and eating normally the rest of the day. It's really good, and helps me with energy before my workout.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    After special k cause they seem quite high sugar, i feel hungry after about an hour :(

never tried the diet, was always too hungry with it

Glad some people get results but wasnt for me
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I eat Special K cereal just about every morning--not because of their diet, but because I love their protein cereal. Tastes great and 100 calories a cup. But I don't eat it for lunch and dinner. How exactly does the Special K diet work? Do you have to eat it for dinner, too? I would worry about gaining the weight right back when I was off the diet.
  • ncw89
    ncw89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've tried it before but it wasn't something I could ever sustain for more than about 4 days at a time. a) I found it boring having the same food 2x daily (even including the different flavours), b) I was always still hungry at the end of the bowl and c) within about half an hour of finishing I'd be so hungry I'd be eating whatever I could lay hands on. I became so discouraged because I never lost anything...and now I've discovered how small the portions are I'm not surprised I didn't as I must have been having at least 3x the intended amount per bowl. There's no way I could sustain the proper amounts for any length of time. I do still always have special k in the cupboard and have it for breakfast almost every morning (of the recommended serving size!) and occasionally for lunch if I'm not very hungry or have a snack planned for later in the afternoon. I'll never get the diet done but it's useful to have there as a low cal option if I feel like it :)
  • ncw89
    ncw89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I eat Special K cereal just about every morning--not because of their diet, but because I love their protein cereal. Tastes great and 100 calories a cup. But I don't eat it for lunch and dinner. How exactly does the Special K diet work? Do you have to eat it for dinner, too? I would worry about gaining the weight right back when I was off the diet.

It's 2x meals a day plus a nutritious, balanced meal - either at lunch time or in the evening, depending on what works best for the individual :)
  • jennywren1971
    jennywren1971 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    There is a new special k promotion on at the moment for their healthy eating plan. Not sure what it entails though. I know it's got a tracker.

I eat special k or special k advantage plus for breakfast a few times a week. Have it with skim milk and fruit or with yoghurt and fruit, tastes pretty yummy,
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It lasted about 2 days for me.
  • Brittneyschoice
    Options
    Yes girl!
    It is a great way to jump start your weight loss but I don't recommend staying on the special k diet for a long period of time.
    Try it! I wish you the best of luck=)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I had a look at it online (you know, new year, new ideas) but I refuse to live on their rubbishy processed foods. I think you can go in and replace their "meals" with actual food but I couldn't be bothered, I'd rather just eat my own food that I know is good!
  • martina123321
    Options
    Not me because online it basically said that I was too heavy to do it :( but Oh well M.F.P is far better xxx
  • kewwy1
    kewwy1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    How can you be too heavy to do a diet?!