My Journey, so far, One year and 180 lbs lost

Options

Replies

• winseajg
    winseajg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your story gave me chills :) You guys look great!
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    Your story is very motivating! My husband and I are doing this together and your story has really inspired me! I'm going to have him read your blog as well! Keep up the amazing work! And thanks for the inspiration!
  • LaurieEReid
    Options
    Wow! What a gorgeous couple!
  • northwjj
    northwjj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow....Amazin!. You both look awesome! Well wishes to you and your wife and continued good health. :)
  • geohow11
    geohow11 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!
    Good Work!
  • Lady_Chilli
    Lady_Chilli Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you both, your hard work has paid off you both look FABULOUS!
  • gregthegroove
    Options
    Very cool! I hope one day soon this year...I dont hope, I KNOW that I will be just a successful. You are an inspiration. Great job tackling your weight!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Incredible. How did you find the discipline to stick with it at first, and what has been your key to long term success?

The program wasn't cheap and I wanted to get the most out of my investment. The first day was tough cause I went to long in between meals before I regimented my day properly. One thing I learned along the way is building up your resistance to temptation is key. This allowed me to realize that I would be just as happy with a steak and veggies than I would be with a burger and fries. I travel frequently for work usually doing about 6 to 8 overnights a month and ate out all the time, cause my wife and I would go out to dinner at least once a week on the weekends. Once I was convinced that I would be just as happy it was easy. Plus, when you're losing on average 5 lbs a week, it becomes easy to stick with something. The keys to my long term success has been learning actual serving sizes not what's on the box as well as planning meals accordingly. I usually know 3 of my 4 meals in the morning of each day. This allows me to plan my calories and dinner accordingly.. Dinner changes a lot from day to day, it depends what my wife is looking to cook. It's always a healthy option.

I do cheat from time to time, but it's a planned cheat, like if we have a wedding or a birthday party to go to, but on those days I make sure I don't go too far over my allotted calories including exercise calories, I never eat back all of them, cause now I realize that my body only needs a certain amount of calories to be happy and anything excess is just that excess, I don't need it, would I like to try it sure, but do I need to try it. No. I have tried a greasy Royal Red Robin Burger or a Deep Dish Chicago Style Pizza, it's alright, but a nice lean Filet Mignon is not only more filling but tastes better.
  • MotivateMeg
    MotivateMeg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats to you and your lady! :)
  • SteffieSunshine
    SteffieSunshine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So beautiful that you are both working together for a happy and healthy life! Brought tears to my eyes. :)
  • leonlisa
    Options
    You did good job.
  • Perseverance10910
    Perseverance10910 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to the both of you! Both look amazing :)
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    hats off to you both
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    thanks everyone for the kind words and well wishes.
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    This is simply amazing!! Congratulations to you and your wife!
  • NicoleW2012
    Options
    Wow!!! You are my motivation. I cannot believe the before and after pictures!! Amazing! Congrats!!!
  • Amy2201
    Amy2201 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you both are!
    You look great and I'm sure you'll be amazing parents with all that extra energy!
    Congratulations!
    :D
  • dhcrosier
    Options
    That is so awesome!!!
  • jdbeckers
    Options
    UNBELIEVABLE!! You look awesome!
  • jhardenbergh
    Options
    thanks again everyone, alot of the motivation came from people leaving comments on my posts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!