Replies

• Bon226
    Bon226 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    I just made a yummy chicken tortilla soup that was low fat and low carb. You make it in a crock pot.

3 raw boneless skinles chicken breasts
    1 - 15oz can diced tomatoes
    1 - 10oz can enchilada sauce
    1 medium onion chopped
    1 -4oz can chopped greeen chile peppers
    3 cloves garlic minced
    2 cups water
    1 -14.5oz can 99% fat free chicken broth
    1 tbsp cumin
    1 tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1 bay leaf
    1 - 10oz package frozen corn
    1 tbsp chopped cilantro

Combine in crockpot and cook on high 4-6 hours or low 6-8 hours. Remove chicken from soup and shred. Return to soup and serve. You can add some cayenne if you like your food more spicy.

It turned out great and has 89 calories for 1/8 of recipe.

By the way i found this in a low carb low fat crock pot cookbook that is available on the kindle for FREE!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I just made this. Had it for lunch for about 3 days straight. One of my favorite casseroles.

http://www.sargento.com/recipes/491/homestyle-chicken-and-rice-casserole/

Of course, I subbed in brown rice and low sodium broth and 2% cheese. I use small, bite-sized pieces of chicken instead of entire breasts. Also, it's more like 5 or 6 servings. Use the recipe calculator to get accurate counts.
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I am tagging this for later, 'cause um... yum... :)
  • blooomers
    blooomers Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/healthified/healthified-stuffed-chicken-parmesan.aspx

That is a link to the BEST stuffed chicken parmessan recipe!!!!!!! I made this last week and we all ate it up! LOVE IT! Oh, did i mention it is 290 calories per serving?!?!
  • dawniedawn
    Options
    If you like heat, here is an awesome receipe and low cal. Cut up your chicken in strips. Then marinate your chicken in franks red hot for about an hour, put about a cup of water in a baking dish, add chicken and cook at 400 for about 30 minutes.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I just made this last night.....

Grate some carrots and brocoli(i used one head of brocoli and one big carrot for two 5 ounce breasts.

Sautee the veggies in a little extra virgin olive oil or some spray butter, add some salt, pepper, farlic powder and onion powder(or whatever seasonings you prefer)

Fillet the chicken breast into a butterfly(don't cut all the way through in half)

put the veggie mixture inside the chicken, then fold over the top chicken flap and secure it with toothpicks

**optional** put italian style breadcrumbs over the chicken breast, turn over and repeat

If you are opting out on breadcrumbs, then seasoin the chicken breast to your liking

Cook in oven for 35-45 mins @ 350f

I served mine with a side of potato and cauliflower mash
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    http://www.olivegarden.com/Connections-to-Italy/Recipes/Main-Dishes/Venetian-Apricot-Chicken/ <<< most delicious chicken recipe, ever. Seriously. I use less salt.

Fajitas: I mix up 2 TBSP oil and 1/4 c. water (you may need a little more), and to that I add 1 TBSP garlic powder 1 TBSP onion powder 1/2 TBSP chili powder 1 TBSP cumin 1/4 tsp black pepper 1/4 tsp salt (or more, depending on your flavor) 1 tsp liquid smoke I mix it, and put into a gallon bag (or mix in the gallon bag-whichever). Add the chicken breast strips, and let marinade. Then I saute the chicken first till mostly done, add the peppers and onions, continue sauteing, and sometimes use a little more of the seasoning on so the veggies get some too, if there's any left in the bag. Serve in a whole grain or low carb tortilla, add lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, whatever you want. I use plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream...
  • dgharris573
    Options
    Another quick and easy recipe I tried this week and loved is "Weight Watchers Diet Coke" chicken. Place skinless boneless breasts in fry pan, add 1 cup ketchup, 1 cup diet coke and if you want you can add a packet of dry onion soup mix and cut up onions and peppers, mushrooms, whatever you like. Cook on med-med/ high about 30 or 40 minutes stirring occasionaly. Cover and cook another 10 minutes or so. Delicious and easy!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • Lipvanmeier26
    Options
    I have two ideas for you.
    First: COLA-CHICKEN

4 6oz boneless skinless chicken breast
    12oz can of Diet Coke
    1cup low sodium ketchup(can be regular I just always have either low sodium or sugar free in the house)

Place chicken in crockpot, cover with entire can of coke and cup of ketchup.
    Let cook on low until chicken is cooked through.
    I usually put mine on about noon and let it simmer until around 6

Second Idea; Crispy Oven Baked CHicken

8 6-8oz boneless skinless chicken breast
    2 cups Plain bread crumbs
    1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
    3 Tbsp Hot sauce
    1 Tbsp Worchesterchire sauce
    1 tsp fresh ground pepper

In a large bowl(or I do mine in a large freezer bag) mix together hot sauce, worchestershire sauce and pepper. Add the chicken and marinate in refrigerator 2-12 hours (longer it marinates more intense the flavor)
    Preheat Oven to 425 degrees. Remove chicken from marinade, add bread crumbs to marinade mix well. Coat chicken thoroughly with mixture
    Spread oil over bottom of a 9"x13" baking dish(or a cookie sheet)
    Arrange chicken and bake 15-20 min, Turn chicken over and reduce heat to 325 degrees. Cook for another 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced. (Cal. 300, Fat 12g, Carbs 20, Fiber 1g, Protein 26g per 5oz serving)
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mpena1980
    Options
    thanks everyone!! these all sound like great meal ideas!!! im going to try the salsa chicken this weekend, cant wait to try the other recipes too.
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    My favourite chicken dinner....my Bruschetta Chicken

*2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
    * 2 vine ripened tomatoes, or roma tomatoes
    *1/4 of a red onion
    *Handful of chopped fresh basil
    *Feta or Mozzarella cheese
    *Olive oil
    *Balsamic

Preheat oven to 375 Degrees. Place breasts on a non stick pan or with a bit of olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes, turning once halfway.

chop tomatoes, onion, and basil and combine with a drizzle of olive oil and a little slash of balsamic (optional i do it for taste) Mix together.

When the chicken has cooked for the 20 mins, top chicken with bruschetta mixture. Top with a little crumble of feta cheese or mozzarealla. Place back in oven for 7-10 minutes.

Delish!
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    one of my favs. that we are having tonight for dinner is:

1 cup water
    3/4 cup white rice (i did use 1/2 white and 1/4 brown to see how that turns out and added more water tonight)
    1 can cream of what ever you like (mushroom, chicken etc) soup

combine in casserole dish. stir in some paprika and pepper.

place chicken on top sprinkle with paprika

bake 375 for 1 hr
  • wilberfamily
    wilberfamily Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This isn't in the crock or oven but I made white chicken chili using McCormick seasoning packets. My whole family liked it. I'm making the chicken pot pie soup recipe from skinnytaste.com tomorrow. I like to take chicken breasts and coat them with a mixture of 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons bread crumbs, and a teaspoon of paprika. I add some seasoned salt to mine too. I bake them at 400 for about 30 minutes depending on thickness. I can use them in other things if I have leftovers.
  • emmclean
    emmclean Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Try this one, it's UK based but I'm sure you guys will have the same stuff!

Summer in Winter Chicken
    Serves 4

1tbsp olive oil (or cooking spray)
    4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx 450g)
    300g cherry tomatoes
    50g green pesto
    100g low fat creme fraiche (or low fat soured cream would do)
    Fresh basil

Heat the oil in a frying pan, preferably non-stick. Add the chicken and fry without moving it until it takes on a bit of colour. Turn the chicken and cook on the other side. Continue cooking for 12-15 mins until the chicken is cooked through. Season all over with a little salt and pepper.

Halve the tomatoes and throw them into the pan, stirring them around for a couple of minutes until they start to soften. Reduce the heat and stir in the pesto and creme fraiche until it makes a sauce. Scatter with a few basil leaves if you have them.

I serve with 50g pasta (dry weight) per person, but if you wanted a little more rice would be nice too.

Without pasta - 266 cals per portion (made with olive oil)
    With pasta - 445 cals per person (made with olive oil)

Enjoy!
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I've been updating my slow cooker recipes, so I have these saved on my desktop. As with most slow cooker recipes, unless it says otherwise throw all ingredients in the pot and cook for 4-6 hours. Happy eating!

Pineapple Chicken

4 frozen chicken breasts
    1/2 c. soy sauce
    1/2 c. teriyaki sauce
    1 can pineapple chunks, drain half the juice out
    Crushed red pepper flakes

Honey Chicken

3/4 pound chicken (of your choice)
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. black pepper
    1/2 cup honey
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1/8 cup chopped onion (or 1/16 cup onion flakes)
    1/8 cup ketchup
    1 Tbs. vegetable oil
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes

Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, put into crock pot. In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3 hours or on high 1 1/2 hours. Chicken into bite size pieces, then return to pot and toss with sauce. Serve over rice or noodles.

Mushroom Chicken

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
    1 8-oz. pkg. fresh button mushrooms, quartered
    1 6-oz. pkg. fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced
    1 0.7-oz. pkg. Italian dry salad dressing mix
    1 10-3/4-oz. can condensed golden mushroom soup
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    1/2 of an 8-oz. tub fat free cream cheese with chives and onion

Melt butter in a saucepan. Then add the salad dressing mix. Stir in soup, wine and cream cheese until it combines and melts. Add all the mushrooms to your slow cooker. Place chicken on top and pour sauce over chicken. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 5 hours. Serve over rice, pasta or mashed potatoes.

Easy Chicken and Potatoes

Wrap potatoes in foil and place in slow cooker. Put a whole chicken (or breasts) with garlic, salt, and pepper on top of potatoes. Set on low and leave to cook.

Spicy Chicken with Peppers

Saute: 2 pounds of chicken on the stove with some non-stick cooking spray.
    Place in a slow cooker: chicken
    2 medium chopped green peppers
    1 medium onion
    1 hot pepper (with seeds)
    3 Tablespoons soy sauce
    1 teaspoon sugar
    garlic powder
    minced onion
    cumin
    chili powder
    red pepper flakes

Mix together & add: 1/4 C hot water
    1 bullion cube
    1 teaspoon cornstarch

Chicken Azteca

3-4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat.
    1/2 C chicken broth.
    1 C salsa (no sugar added).
    3 cans black beans, rinsed and drained.
    1 can corn
    minced garlic according to your taste.
    1 tsp cumin (more if you like).

Basics:

Roast: sliced onion, 3-4 cloves chopped garlic, fresh or dried thyme & rosemary, salt and pepper. Liquid: either beer, chicken stock, coca cola, tomato sauce, apple juice, or even just water in a pinch.

Cuban style: I'd add orange and lime slices and use orange juice a the liquid, cumin/oregano and chiles or chili powder.
    Asian style: I'd add soy or teriyaki and some type of chile.

BBQ: cover meat in bbq sauce, beer, and sliced onion. Serve on a bun with coleslaw.

Other ingredients to mix and match: apples or applesauce/juice, apricot preserves, peaches etc.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    if you like heat, try slow cooking it in some El Pato Mexican Style Tomato Sauce. It's cheaper than salsa and very tasty, but a little on the spicy side.
  • angdan31
    angdan31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Someone just posted a recipe for Salsa Chicken. I have never made it, but it sounds so yummy.

I make Salsa Chicken all the time. My family loves it!
    2-3 chicken breasts
    1 large jar salsa
    1 can black beans
    2 cups frozen corn
    Let it cook for 4-6 hours on low. Shred the chicken and serve over rice or pasta. Or in a tortilla shell. It's wonderful!