Giggle Gym - vibrating machine

Options
2»

Replies

• armon403
    armon403 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&list=PLD05B1A35D6DC50E5&v=eT_sMWbiNYY

Here is an interview that explains the science behind the vibration machines. Apparently the Russians have been training athletes with this technique for years. This wouldn't be the first time we have "borrowed" training methods from the Russians. Watch the video and make your own decision as far as the efficacy of this training technique. I know this doesn't answer your calorie question but maybe it will justify your use of the machine you spent good money on...
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    We have one here at work, I use it when my knees start hurting and it does seem to help with that. It's good for circulation. As far as calories burned I don't even track it, it's not "exercise".

Back to shaking the fat off the good old fashioned way, one foot in front of the other!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    NASA use a similar system to prevent osteoporosis in astronauts who spend a long time in zero gravity.
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have to share my two cents worth - while this might not be a 'miracle weight loss' machine, it has, without a doubt, been the saving grace for my sister, who has Parkinson's. It has strengthened her core, which in turn makes her walk better and has taken away a good deal of the pain and stiffness. She's like a whole new person! :heart:

For those looking for weight loss, yep - head to the gym. I am going to try it, as I have Fibromyalgia and am finding that any kind of work out is extremely painful (including swimming). I'm hoping that it too might improve my core stability so that I can workout without needing to take a week off afterwards to recuperate.