Polar F6 battery question...

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Does anyone know if I need to send back the chest strap and the watch part when I get the batteries changed or just the watch part? My low battery is on and I don't know if I need to send back both parts. Thanks!

Replies

• angievill
    angievill Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's a really good question. I have had my Polar F6 for alittle over 2 years so I know I'm going to need to replace my battery soon. Just tagging myself in this post incase someone answers the question.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Anyone?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I just pulled out my owners manual and it says the low battery indicator on the watch is just for the watch itself. However, I would think the transmitter battery may need replacement as well. Mine's been showing low battery for 3 or 4 months now and has continued to work pretty well (the backlight and beeps stop working on purpose, FYI). However, recently it seems to have a hard time detecting my heart rate initially which makes me think the transmitter is going too.

I've asked for a newer model replacement for my birthday (FT4 model) instead of worrying about shipping it out for battery replacement. The good thing about the FT4 and FT7 is that you can replace the batteries in the transmitter and watch yourself.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • rsuhayda
    Options
    I just replaced my battery myself.. it is not hard.. you need a CR 1632 battery from radio shack and a screwdriver from an eyeglass repair kit. save yourself alot of money.. you need to only send the watch back if you don't do it yourself. you can do it.. 4 screws.. big deal
  • Slimtara
    Slimtara Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I sent my F11 back with the strap - in one instance they replaced my transmitter unit for free.
    ...and if you want it to stay waterproof for swimming etc. - don't do it yourself!
    T