HI just joined

louand56
louand56 Posts: 1
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi just joined 5 minutes ago and am not sure of everything here I quit smoking 44 days ago and needless to say weight is coming on Now weight 180 am 53 with back problems and food allergies so this aint going to be easy but will try anything IF you have hints much appreciate them Thanks

Replies

• jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Hi and welcome!!

hmmm..good hints?

1. Just take it one day at a time. If you start trying to do this and that and this and etc., you're going to overwhelm yourself! Start simple! Start by watching what you eat, and then add in light exercise after awhile, and just slowly work your way into things!

2. Stay with the site! Get involved! Find friends that will help you stay accountable!!

Good luck!
  • TheJackyl
    TheJackyl Posts: 88
    Hi and welcome!!

hmmm..good hints?

1. Just take it one day at a time. If you start trying to do this and that and this and etc., you're going to overwhelm yourself! Start simple! Start by watching what you eat, and then add in light exercise after awhile, and just slowly work your way into things!

2. Stay with the site! Get involved! Find friends that will help you stay accountable!!

Good luck!

Accountability is very important. I find myself to be pretty good at keeping myself accoutable but in addition to posting a weekly picture diary of my progress here I also added the same photo diary to my Facebook page today. Now all my real life friends and family are watching too. Any extra little push to help keep us honest is a good thing.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water:drinker: :drinker:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I do. This site is so motivational, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so great here. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Hello and welcome! Congratulations on quitting smoking! That's fabulous!

Hints... measure everything you eat and log it all. Remember that this is all about you and if you don't log something into your food diary - you're only hurting yourself. Drink a lot of water! Water will help your body process food much more efficiently. Drinking allows your system to work better and you'll be able to better interpret the signs that your body is sending you.
    Make a commitment to work out every day. Build the HABIT of exercising. For me, that means getting up first thing in the morning - dressing in my sports bra, tee shirt, running shorts, socks and tennies... grabbing a small breakfast and coffee, drinking a bottle of water and hitting the treadmill. If there is any variation to the mornings events... I have a hard time getting going.
    Find some music that you love and let it be the "soundtrack of your days". I burn more calories when listening to my IPOD throughout the day... I dance while I clean, sway while I'm doing the dishes, etc.
    Eat fresh fruit.... having done the Atkins diet I had pretty much decided that fruit was bad for me... now I eat at least 4-5 pieces of fruit a day and a lot of times more than that.
    Watch your sodium... it's a killer.

Most of all - find a group of people on MFP to help support and motivate you - you'll love it here!!!
This discussion has been closed.