Ripped in 30 - January

Options

Replies

• LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options

I can't afford any until Monday, but I might give push up bars a go. My wrists absolutely kill during the plank moves. I was actually getting a bit concerned yesterday that I might end up doing some damage.

As for weight loss, I'm up a 1/2 a pound. That sounds trivial, but I was up by a whole 2lbs mid-week and all of it still hasn't :smile: dropped back off. And I don't have the first clue why. I've been within calories every day and I've had some pretty good workouts (The past two days I added BFBM and I also did 6W6P a couple of times last week). I'm fine if my weight remained unchanged but pretty annoyed it's gone up. :grumble:

Anyway, that aside I'm feeling pretty good. Today will be Week 2 Day 5. Aside from the planks I quite like this second week. I really enjoy most of circuit 2. I'm both a little sad but quite excited to be leaving it behind in a couple of days.

I agree with helloburger! I am sure the gain is only because you're building muscle. Also is it maybe close to your TOM? Your body holds onto water during this time. I usually don't weigh myself during this time as my weight always goes up...Don't let it discourage you! I am sure it will drop very soon

I had actually forgot all about TOM, but yes, it is that time. Both seem like good reasons so hopefully I'll see a change next week.
    And Congrats on your losses! That's really well earned!

Today was my last day of week 2 and I'm really quite sad to leave it. But it certainly is nice to say that I'm halfway through. I'm feeling stronger and I definitely have an increase in stamina so I'm pretty happy with how it's going so far.

Also, I'm sorry about your injury, helloburger. I hope a day of rest has helped, but if not I hope you get better soon.
    :flowerforyou:
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your concern, I've been taking joint pain killers as well as putting deep freeze on the area that is for minor sports injurys that affect muscle, tendons or joints. It seems to be helping but I think I will need more than one rest day so I plan to see how I am monday... So around 4 days rest and then I will go from there. Well done every one your doing great!
  • jellybean82
    jellybean82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Day 4 is finally over! Woo Hoo! I worked late last night and was in no mood to work out last night, my body needed a much deserved night of rest!

I must admit, I modified the moves alot tonight! I just can't handle all the planks! For the second round of cardio in the first circuit I switch to jumping jacks and butt kicks to keep my heart rate up.

I can't wait to get day 5 out of the way tomorrow!

I hope you're feeling better soon helloburger!
  • lrm0076
    Options
    Just finished week 3 day 1 and it was sooo hard for me. My muscles were shaking like I had never worked out before. Hopefully it will get easier each time u do it but I might do this one for more than 6 days before moving on to week 4.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 3 day 1 and it was sooo hard for me. My muscles were shaking like I had never worked out before. Hopefully it will get easier each time u do it but I might do this one for more than 6 days before moving on to week 4.

I took a break day yesterday so today was my first day of week 3 and I completely understand what you mean about your muscles shaking. What a killer workout. I was actually shouting death threats at Jillian Michaels during circuit 1. It did get easier, but that first circuit is really tough. My legs are still burning.

In other news I bought some new weights and upped them to 2.5kg. You don't use weights as much in workout 3 so it hasn't made a massive impact as of yet. I'm going to do something else later to try them out properly.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I've been out of it - not feeling well, so hadn't made much progress. I got Killer Buns and Thighs for my birthday and did that the other day - holy moly - that truly is a great bum workout.

Did RI30 Level 2 today and forgot how much I like this level. Dare I say it's "fun" in points? I also am liking the difference in my capabilities this time around vs. the first time. This seems to be my favorite Jillian workout yet. :)

Love seeing all your progress - very inspiring!
  • Spoomsister
    Spoomsister Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So I am only eight days into RI30, and having not worked out for years, I am still on week 1. I am doing it every day that I can, with no more than one day off at a time. I figure once I can get though week 1 without having to stop to take a breather then I will move on to level 2. With that being said, let me tell you what a difference a week makes. I have lost 5 lbs., and I can not believe how great my back looks! I have two dimples on my lower back that I haven't seen in years, that just showed up again! My upper back is starting to get toned and defined and is really motivating me to keep it up. My jeans are a little looser too. My arm strength has improved tremendously, and that small fat roll between my bra and armpits is gone! I'm very happy with the results so far. Every one keep posting, it really helps keep me motivated when I need it! Happy ripping everyone!
  • sharew88
    sharew88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • helloburger
    Options
    Hi everyone, so today was the day that I tried RI30 again, everything was fine until I had to do something that was in a plank position! so my shoulder hurts again! SO FRUSTRATED!!!

So I will continue the dvd but do modified of everything e.g NO PLANKS and just do other forms of cardio.
    Hope your doing good...
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    So I am only eight days into RI30, and having not worked out for years, I am still on week 1. I am doing it every day that I can, with no more than one day off at a time. I figure once I can get though week 1 without having to stop to take a breather then I will move on to level 2. With that being said, let me tell you what a difference a week makes. I have lost 5 lbs., and I can not believe how great my back looks! I have two dimples on my lower back that I haven't seen in years, that just showed up again! My upper back is starting to get toned and defined and is really motivating me to keep it up. My jeans are a little looser too. My arm strength has improved tremendously, and that small fat roll between my bra and armpits is gone! I'm very happy with the results so far. Every one keep posting, it really helps keep me motivated when I need it! Happy ripping everyone!

You are inspirational. :) That's great that you are able to see visible results so quickly.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Had fUn with this workout today. Did level 2 without reaching for the pause button. My ab hold and table moves are improving :) got a little nuts and did Killer Buns and Thighs too. :) Tired!!
  • helloburger
    Options
    Hi guys! Did my last day of level 2 today. Still with modified cardio as the shoulders still in pain :( but not worry I will move onto level 3 and modify bits if I can't do it. I think I'll end up to doing RI30 again as I don't feel like I've been able to do it properly therefor not get the proper results!

Hope your all doing good!
  • jellybean82
    Options
    It sounds like everyone is doing great!

The flu bug has hit me pretty hard over the past few days so no workouts for me. I'm finally starting to feel normal so I'm going to attempt my first day of level 3. I'm absolutely terrified! I'm going in expecting the worst so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. :laugh:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hi guys! Did my last day of level 2 today. Still with modified cardio as the shoulders still in pain :( but not worry I will move onto level 3 and modify bits if I can't do it. I think I'll end up to doing RI30 again as I don't feel like I've been able to do it properly therefor not get the proper results!

Hope your all doing good!

What a bummer. Makes sense that you need to select workouts that work for you. I'm impressed with your persistence. Enjoy the duck walking in Level 3..... :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    It sounds like everyone is doing great!

The flu bug has hit me pretty hard over the past few days so no workouts for me. I'm finally starting to feel normal so I'm going to attempt my first day of level 3. I'm absolutely terrified! I'm going in expecting the worst so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. :laugh:

So sorry you were sick with the flu. That SUCKS. I am glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery. I can't wait to hear what you think / thought of level 3. Looking forward to your post! I'm trying to gear myself up for it again, still level 2.
  • christina_c_marks
    christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I did day one of level 4 today..ALOT of plank you in this one and the cardio is killer compared to the previous levels...made for a great workout!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies

Great to see everyone is doing well! Hopefully all those ladies feeling bad will be better soon :flowerforyou:

I didn't have time to post but kept going. Today was Day 1 of Level 3. Yes it is very tough, my legs where hurting but I do really like it. I am with you smile4smile I think it is quite fun in parts. It went by really quick as well. I had to take breaks but I think it is my favourite level!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Yay, christina_c_m_ and Daisy80 :) Glad to hear we have level 3 and 4 going strong. I did level 2 again today, along with some other stuff.

My main achievement in this level is that I can actually DO the ab hold / table thing. When I did this DVD last month, it was a true struggle to do the ab hold and get my bum off the ground. I think what I like about this DVD is how quickly my body responds to it.

Is anyone on this thread also doing Killer Buns and Thighs or any other Jillian DVD's in combination or rotation?
  • jellybean82
    Options
    I just finished my first day of level 3...my quads are in agony!

I am totally exhausted, hopefully I'll be able to get through the rest of it!

Someone told me that my arms are looking smaller and today I noticed my pants are starting to get baggy!!!
  • mszimmerman76
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Sorry I've been out. Last Monday I did Level 2 Day 1 and thought everything went fairly well until the middle of the night! I reinjured my shoulder and couldn't really move my arm up or out too far for a few days. Have still been dieting and exercising, just not RI30. I'm down 5 lbs so far!!! Yeah!!! Planks are out for me! I was in a car accident a year and a half ago that hurt my shoulder and lower back. That's what all this is supposed to be getting me back from! So, I'm gonna go back to Level 2 Day 1 tonight but put in the worst Cardio from Level 1 for the plank cardio. My new plan is to try to make it through the 4 weeks with modifications, then start over from week 1 doing the "badass" versions and higher weights with fewer modifications. Glad to see all you guys still hanging in there.