What's your WEEKLY weight loss goal, and why?

Options
124»

Replies

• hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    1lb per week, because I didn't like the calorie allowance it gave me at 2lb's per week or 1.5 :)
  • zoominzozo
    zoominzozo Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I chose the amount based on the calories I thought I could live on... being a fussy eater I tend to eat garbage because it's tasteless. MFP reckons I can survive on 1200 to lose weight so any less than that and I feel like I'd be hungry. :( I heart chocolate :)
  • loseweightbrighton
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2333-what-s-your-perfect-fitness-class

Hi,

I am a fitness class instructor new member on here and am asking for your help to create the 'perfect' fitness class!!

If you exercise but struggle to find a class you enjoy, please join my group- (above), and give your ideas and input!!

It would mean alot!

Thank you very much!!

Rebecca
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    1.6lbs a week.
    It gives me enough food that Im not groggy and hungry, but not enough to make me feel like im going to bust a gut.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I try and lose 5lb a MONTH, cos I find I don't lose any the week before my TOTM starts but often week after can lose 2-3lb extra when water comes off.. the other weeks I tend to lose 1 lb so it more or less evens itself out to 1 lb a week in the end.

I changed my goals to monthly as my TOTM have started playing up with peri-meopause (I'm 42) and sometimes getting cravings and bloat for up to 2 weeks so not losing any those weeks but then i get bigger loss later in month.. as long as it comes off it doesn't matter exactly when!
  • snowbab
    snowbab Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm set at 0.5 a week :) I'm doing this because I am only looking to lose another 12-ish pounds and I want to make sure I lose fat not muscle! I still exercise too so I'm still eating as much as i want (not got a big appetite though anyway haha) as long as it's healthy :D
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    1lbs a week - because this isn't a diet, this is a life style change and I am planning on correcting my nutritional failures and do more exercising, the weight loss will come along with that and if I am not going to be ballet dancer... I will still survive ^^
    Don't want to battle with food for the rest of my life, because I needed a quick fix and just could not wait to make changes as appropriate...
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    One pound a week for the first 33 or so and then a half pound a week for the next 12 pounds, which brought me down to my original goal weight of 135 pounds. I began the sift to maintenance at that point and eventually lost another 12 or so pounds before stabilizing at around 123 pounds. I set low weekly goals because a metabolic rate lowered by a loss of muscle mass was already an issue for me, as a post-menopausal reforming couch potato in my late 50's. I didn't want to make the situation any worse with a crash diet.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I set mine at 1lb per week, as i want it to be a healthy sustainable loss of body fat, not a drastic quick loss of fat and muscle.

I got to this weight gradually over a period of time, so it's unrealistic to expect it to all dissappear in a short time.
  • TracyP111
    Options
    I'm not the most patient person in the world myself. My goal is currently 2 pounds per week, because I'm doing a weight-loss challenge at work. Once that's over in 10 weeks, I plan to go down to 1.5 pounds per week. Once I'm under 200, then I'll go down to 1 pound. I'm not sure I have the patience to do half a pound.

13625441.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • GigiBee824
    GigiBee824 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    1 lb per week since I enjoy having dinner with my boyfriend and he's deeply suspicious of anything described as "healthy". I don't feel like everything I enjoy is totally off-limits, just have to plan things out to make it work.
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I set mine at 1 pound a week for several reasons. First, I want to change the way I look at food for life, not for quick loss - it has always come back.:cry: Second - I'm diabetic and need enough constant supply of calories to keep from having low glucose levels.:grumble: Third - I love food! Can't stand not to be able to eat!:ohwell: Fourth - I have a very hectic life and rarely find time to workout, so I can't count on extra calories on a regular basis.:blushing:

So far, its working - I've lost 19 pounds in 14 weeks. I only have occasional days I feel deprived and hungry, but my blood sugar has been staying stable!:happy: