x-box kinect

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkydemon
    pinkydemon Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I got it,
    i loved the Kinect Sports, got both parts now, got Zumba but couldn't stick to it, now I got YSFE 2012 and it really is good.

I would say I did good to buy the Kinect better than just work out DVDs, at least for me.
    Now all I need is a good HRM, to get the real calorie numbers you burn whilst having fun :D
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Dance Central 1 and 2. It gets your body hot, breaking up a sweat and your heart racing. My legs and arms are screaming!
  • kristi_asco
    Options
    As for the Xbox, I got a deal at Best Buy that if I purchased the Xbox and a specific workout game (Just Dance 3) I'd get a free Fitbit. The Fitbit sold me.

did you try out the fitbit yet? my xbox bundle also came with one but i'm a little confused on how to reset it each day!
  • Ok here is the Kinect from a big gamer standpoint. The hardcore gamer isnt as into this type of gaming...unless theya are like me and my best friend. We are constantly challenging each other in DC 1&2. We both have the original Yourshape. Now to be honest I just started using it again. I did a year ago then stopped. Now that my buddy & I are encouraging each other to take a break from shooting & slashing to get fit once a day, its awesome how I can send him a challenge to burn mor calories than me. I'm an achievement hound, so I'm trying to get them all. I downloaded the demo of YS 2012 and quickly realized that I had found my incentive to get to my goal weight. When I do I'm picking that up.

The less obvious "fitmakers are kinect sports 1&2. Track & field kicks my but as does football. Carnival games is great for a fun time with my kids as is Kinect Racing (Ithink that the title)The shocker came when I played Kinectimals. The cats (and now bears) have obsticle courses! They are coming out with a more hardcore game in the Fable series that I'm anxiously awaiting as well. Action adventure and fitness in one! So to answer the question "do I get it?" I pose another question. What game are you going to get first?
  • shefury
    shefury Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello (this is my first post since I've just joined MFP today).

I LOVE Dance Central games. I have tried The Biggest Loser and Just Dance 3, but nothing beats Dance Central. The graphics are great, the way they teach the moves is fantastic (not done in Just Dance), PLUS it's a great way to work out and have fun with a friend or family member.

My 7 y.o. daughter loves the games as well.....since DC2 has a better dance battle version, she and I "work out" together. We make a list of songs and play them back to back and wipe ourselves out....or we choose song by song and do Dance Battles...dance battles are a little different than just dancing side-by-side as DC2'rs can attest to.

I love also picking a new song and working my way up to Hard level and just practicing it and practicing it until I have it down pat and feel like a kick-butt dancer LOL. It definitely makes 45m to 1 hour FLY by and not feel like a workout. I say to myself "this does not feel like a workout....why is that? I am sweating and tired BUT I'm having so much fun!!" The only reason that I stop is BECAUSE I'm tired."

love those games
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE YourShape Fitness Evolved 2012. It has so many activities you can never get bored! And you get to "punch" your calories away which is so awesome. You really feel it the next day, too. :)
  • I'll have to agree with candicelavon. I rewarded myself for reaching my 1st weight goal by getting Yourshape 2012. The workouts are so much better than the first one. I also like that I can target my next goal specifically. (6-pack by May) so far I'm on my way. I used Biggest loser to get the weight down and liked it. The controls are a bit wonky but it works. YS2012 is amazing. I tried the boot camp 11 minute work out for the first time on my second day and hate the trainer. For me that means he did his job! he kicked my butt. I do that one at least twice a week. I'm starting to see a shadow of my abs again!
  • l2rell
    l2rell Posts: 88
    Options
    Hi I've got ea sports active 2 currently doing a 9 week cardio workout programme with a personal trainer I want the new Zumba