My Sucess so far!!

Options
I turned 25 on April 2nd, we had a party and took lots of pictures. Well that's when reality set in! I looked like a beach ball sitting on the floor opening gifts! So I decided to change. I was 204lbs!! I'm 5`2! That's not good at all! I've always been small but apparently I let myself go. I don't have any children so I felt even worse about my weight gain. On April 9, 2009 I decided to start Weight Watchers again(I lost 20lbs in 2006 on it). I'm on my eighth week and I have lost 20lbs!(results do vary)!! I have before and after pictures on my myspace. I am extremely proud of myself! I actually have shrunk out of my shorts and jeans. I pulled out my old jeans and remember that I had busted the butt out of all 3 pair! So I just sat down and patched them up so that I didn't have to go buy more because I don't plan on staying in them for long!! They are actually a little loose! I weighed around 150lbs to 160lbs when I got married 5 years ago! I would love to be my goal weight of 120ish. I'm looking forward to losing more weight! I just have to get a good workout started. I got ripped off once by a personal trainer and now that money is tight I can't get another(since we are in a different state). But until then I will be trying my very best to train myself!! I can't wait til I get to take pictures in a bikini!!

Replies

• rocknrolla2009
    rocknrolla2009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    WTG! That's awesome! :drinker:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Look how pretty you are! :flowerforyou: I peeked at your pictures and it looks like we have pretty much the same build except I am shorter (4'11"). Being of small stature has it's an upside, any loss shows up quickly. My heighest weight was 189 a few years back. I'd lost 40 but gained back all but 10 lbs, because I mistakenly went on a "diet" and not a lifestyle change. The downside to being small built is that it took me a long time to realize that although I can eat plenty and always be satisfied, I can't keep up with bigger people. Big meals make me feel sluggish and bloaty.
    My body simply doesn't need as much food to function. I eat like smaller animals or little kids, small meals, lots of nibbling, healthy snacking in between.
    As for the personal trainer, save your $ and buy a good pair of walking shoes. See the world from your own two feet!
    You'll be running before you know it if you just stick with it. Try couch to 5 K program or do what I did and finally buy a bicycle which I love love love.

A friend told me this last night: Find the strength to push yourself. Your body will keep up. Look in the mirror at the changes to find the motivation.
    (I was whining about my plateau and telling him this is where I used to give up and decide good enough was good enough).

Good luck, great job and keep on going, you are doing a fantastic job!!!!!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    Exercise doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I take a walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I use the Wii Fit and jog, and I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :smile:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • DRautenbach
    DRautenbach Posts: 15
    Options
    Well done! It is a great feeling to loose weight. You don't realise the weight creeping on. Keep going!
  • jagilmore
    jagilmore Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouragement!! I just wanted to say that I got a bicycle for my birthday from my hubby and I do plan on riding it! I've been extremely busy and started realizing recently that I really need to take some time out for myself and exercise more! I actually love to exercise. I know you guys may laugh but it's like smoking a cigarette. That's actually how I quit smoking. I started exercising! Anyway, my hubby is in the Air Force so I get a gym membership for free thank God! I just have to get myself to go! I"m not a couch potato by any means(I love being outside and doing yard work or cleaning the house) but I still have moments where I find myself unmotivated! I AM working on that though!

You guys are prolly going to think I'm full of it but I don't eat sweets or drink soda. I actually drink a LOT of water I love green tea from Starbucks (no classic syrup) and if I do break down and drink soda it's Dt. Root Beer! I also drink unsweetened tea when we go out to eat!

I do agree with buying a good pair of walking shoes! I used to run when I was at a healthy weight and I miss that! It was a big stress reliever! Anyway, thanks again for the great comments and encouragement I can't wait to see what happens in the next 7 weeks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!