Hi my name is Jeremy and I have lost almost 100 lbs in 6 mon

Options
Hi my name is Jeremy and I have lost almost 100 lbs in 6 months. I love this site !

6 months ago I started a journey to live healthier and happier.At my heaviest i weighed in at a whopping 630 lbs. I wanted to die! I had no ambition to live or do anything with my wife or kids.I hated going any where.Essitnally i became a "cave Troll".Then I was comfronted by my family and my extended family about how worried they were for me,that hit home hard!Thats when i decided to persue weightloss surgery.The doc i met with told me all i needed to do and same as my nutrionest.Right then I decided to "reprogam"myself! This is the hardest thing I have ever done and so many people are proud of me but I just cant see it,until yesterday I looked in my mirror to shave my "terriost" beard off and i saw my face thining out.I cried.

I love this site!

If any1 has any thing that might help me out a little more please drop me a line.
Thank you,

Jeremy :smile:

142855.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job Jeremy, congrats!! :smile:
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Wat to go! Obviously your on the right track. Keep on going!:smile:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Jeremy, Congratulations ! It is so great that you had the courage to change your life. Keep at it and the pounds will keep melting away. Cindy :heart:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    wow, that is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's great =) Keep up the great work!!
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    You are giving your wife and kids the greatest gift!! I guess the best advice I could give is when you feel like you aren't achieving your goals quick enough, just take time to meditate and look back at what you have accomplished already. 100 pounds in 6 months? Wow!! I'm blown away by that! That's a whole person! And look at the new person underneath.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    nice work Jeremy! keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic Jeremy!!!!!!! All my best to you on this journey:flowerforyou:
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    Thats Awesome Jeremy! And we are really glad to have you here! :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely amazing!! :drinker: Great job on changing your life! You are worth it!! Stay on MFP and make friends. That has certainly helped me keep coming back.:bigsmile: :drinker: I think I may actually have an addiction :embarassed:

If you have questions, ask em! You will be amazed at the support you get here :flowerforyou: Keep up the great work! You can do this and you will feel soooo much better for it :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Some tips that worked for me:

1. Drink your water! Very important!
    2. Change little by little so you don't feel overwhelmed and give up.
    3. Get up and move. Even if it's only for 5 minutes at a time. Start little and build your way up.
    4. Eat your calories...do not starve yourself. It will only hurt you more in the end.
    5. Your doctor can be very helpful in helping you come up with an exercise and diet plan.
    6. Do not give up! Everyone slips and make mistakes here and there. Learn from them and move on but do not quit because of a mistake.

And I had more to list but someone at work interrupted me. They actually wanted me to do some WORK :noway: the nerve of those people :laugh: :tongue:

I'll come back and add to the list :flowerforyou:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Wow, you are awesome!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congrats on your first 100!! :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    fantastic! :drinker:
  • etandit
    etandit Posts: 35
    Options
    :smile: YOU are FANTASTIC!!! WELCOME I am sure you will prove to be an inspiration to all of us!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jeremy and I have lost almost 100 lbs in 6 months. I love this site !

6 months ago I started a journey to live healthier and happier.At my heaviest i weighed in at a whopping 630 lbs. I wanted to die! I had no ambition to live or do anything with my wife or kids.I hated going any where.Essitnally i became a "cave Troll".Then I was comfronted by my family and my extended family about how worried they were for me,that hit home hard!Thats when i decided to persue weightloss surgery.The doc i met with told me all i needed to do and same as my nutrionest.Right then I decided to "reprogam"myself! This is the hardest thing I have ever done and so many people are proud of me but I just cant see it,until yesterday I looked in my mirror to shave my "terriost" beard off and i saw my face thining out.I cried.

I love this site!

If any1 has any thing that might help me out a little more please drop me a line.
    Thank you,

Jeremy :smile:

Your story warms my heart :heart:
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    awesome! good for you! now you can be around longer to be a healthier and happier husband and father to your family! no more cave troll! pat yourself on the back!
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Welcome to the message boards, Jeremy! It took a lot of courage to share your story with us and I'm sure you will inspire others because I know you've inspired me! I agree with making friends and posting on the boards. Also, finding a group to help keep you accountable has made a world of difference to me! I wish you the best and much motivation on your journey! :heart:
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    I can honestly say I wanted to tear up when I read your story. 100 lbs is alot and that is something you can really feel proud of you. I dont even know you personally but I want to just reach out and give you a hug. You have truly made a huge step/leap to getting off on the right track and your wife and mostly even your kids will look to that as something/someone to look up to. You are now their hero and mine.
    I know you will make it far in reaching your goals and just remember when you slip just let that be and keep moving forward. You are in inspirtation for sooo many. good luck :drinker:
  • Kanderson47
    Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your story really motivates me stick with my exercising and eating right....That is soo awesome you losing 100 lbs........stick with it and never give up..because YOU can do it!!! :happy:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jeremy-

I'm really proud of you for having the courage to change your life, and the motivation to stick with it.
    Keep up the good work, and keep us posted!