what to do with cottage cheese?

Options
2»

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    A great late night snack! The protein is great for a night-time treat since its a slow absorbing protein... I jack mine up with naughty dessert stuff, but you can do whatever you like with it!

1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
    2oz almond milk
    1/6 package cheesecake or choc fudge fat free sugar free pudding mix
    1 Tbsp cocoa powder

Mix thoroughly until everything is combined. Add in 70g of frozen blueberries, or any other frozen fruit, and let sit in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. It basically freezes and makes a good substitute for ice cream at night. Around 200 calories and tasty delicious.

Otherwise I have it in protein pancakes, over salad with balsamic vinegar and homemade salsa, or use it in baking and cooking for added protein. Try protein brownies, or adding it to omelets or scrambled eggs. Or use it to make smoothies. The options are endless :wink:
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Add a packet of stevia (or splenda), with either vanilla, a bit of flavor such as almond, banana, orange, cocoa powder, then eat with fruits for breakfast or lunch. You might want to add chia seeds or Skinny B cereal.
  • vittix
    vittix Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is one of the few dairy foods i can have. I add fruit, put it on pasta or chili.
  • mrskesler
    mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, they sound great! I'll definitely have to try them.
  • deanna200284
    deanna200284 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like to eat cottage cheese either by itself or with some chopped up pineapple or peaches to tide me over when I get home from work.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Mix in a bit of Crystal Light powder for a sweet treat. Love that ****.
  • iamlegion714
    iamlegion714 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    add avocados
  • PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i eat fat free cottage cheese in my salads in substitute for dressing :)

I was going to suggest this because that is what I do.
    I also will use it as a dip substitute for my wheat thins or triscuits. I tend to put a bit of sunflower seeds on mine as well.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat it by itself, but I'd love to spice it up. I'm not a great cook, so I never know what to do! Ideas are much appreciated!
    I mix it with fruit and choke it down.
    Once I reach my goals, me and cottage cheese are done.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    i eat fat free cottage cheese in my salads in substitute for dressing :)
    You can even liven it up with salsa or diced cilantro.
  • karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i sometimes substitute cottage cheese in for mayo when making tuna!! add lots of vegetables, pour over salad or just eat by itself...it's so good!
    i also like cottage cheese on melba toast. tastes pretty good if you ask me :)
  • spottedlee
    Options
    hi, arent franks a no no when losing weight?
    You can eat anything as long you stay under the calories goal for the day. I often eat ice cream and get yelled at but as long I am under my goal, who cares. right?
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    i put cinnamon on it and eat with fruit
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Only thing to do with the stuff is tip it straight in the bin. yuck.:devil:
  • motor9
    motor9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    CHOLULA!!!!!!