Everyone's Small Success Stories!

Options
2»

Replies

• GrammyM
    GrammyM Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great post and congratulations to everyone on their successes!! They will all add up in a big way!

I'm happy that I am no longer interested in the scale! Woohoo! That alone is very freeing. MFP has helped me clarify my goals. I want to be leaner and don't have a number I'm aiming for any longer.

I just checked and I've exercised 23 out of the last 30 days. That is huge for me! One of my problems was that I enjoy a lot of sedentary activities and had drifted away from physical activity.

I'm logging what I eat every day! That's actually my favorite victory. I know it influences my food decisions overall and I've always been most successful when tracking my intake.

I haven't eaten "fast food" in over 2 months!! But I have eaten some great homemade meals and my favorite pizza quite a few times and the inches are still coming off! I am not deprived.

Great post and as you said, great thread.

I especially agree with the number on the scale comment. I am interested, but I honestly do not have a "goal weight". The goal now is a healthy, toned body - not a number on the scale. Once I've achieved that, I'll know what my "goal weight" is.
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    It was cold as a witche's boob on the shady side of an iceberg today, with 15mph gusts to match, and I still got out and got in my bike ride (11 slow, steady, cold miles!).

*pats self on back*
  • Sarena3
    Sarena3 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I sort of surprised myself with my success today. It was a lazy at home day and I was a bit "indulgent" on my food plan. I didn't enter it all ahead of time as I usually do and I made some choices that were not as strictly healthy as usual. But, even though I thought I didn't do too well today, I entered it honestly into my diary...success #1. And surprise, surprise...it wasn't that bad. Only 139 calories over plan, which is still in the losing range and only a little over in the carbs and fats...success #2.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Here are some of the noticeable NSV's that I have experienced since I started this 3 weeks ago:

1) My heartburn and acid reflux is all but gone - I swear to god that Tums was becoming a daily feature.

2) My pants are fitting again - it had gotten to the point where my 38's were almost too tight to be comfortable

3) I am not feeling so tired (almost to the point of falling asleep) in the afternoons.

4) I have not been pigging out on all of the candy and holiday treats that are lying around the office.

5) I haven't had cookies in almost 3 weeks.

6) When I sent the kids out to walk the dogs today, I actually went along for the exercise.

Just to name a few...
  • fuzzimama
    Options
    I'm loving this thread. It's so cool reading all your stories - gives me warm fuzzies.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have loved reading everyone's successes & I would have to say that this week has been super stressful for me. I am working on my PhD & my classes started back up this Monday. I am taking 3, which is quite a load, on top of keeping up with my family. Lots & lots & lots of research and writing, and on Tuesday of this week my husband was in a terrible car accident. Luckily he survived and wasn't severely injured, but he messed up his back really badly and hasn't been able to move around very well. He's on muscle relaxers and pain medications, which make him sleepy. He can't drive, etc. Anyway, it's been very stressful trying to keep up with my coursework, care for my hubs, and our 4 kids. In the past, what I ate would be the last thing on my mind with everything else that is going on, but I have met my calorie goals and found time to exercise. I've also turned in all of my assignments on time. I haven't lost any weight this week, but I feel good knowing that I'm still doing the work.
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I got out of bed on a Saturday morning and went to yoga class, did two yoga classes all before noon today. Getting out of bed to go exercise is a BIG deal on my day off.
  • CoralConnor
    CoralConnor Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lyndi4 Your story of your week is incredibly inspiring. I don't know if I could hold it together through all that AND make time for myself. You're amazing!
  • Uhmanduh
    Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've only lost a few pounds but I have notices that my wedding rings fit so much better already!!! Super excited
  • DesmaRae90
    Options
    I've only lost five pounds so far, but those five pounds really mattered to me because I didn't know I could do it. It's nice to see all that I'm taking in in front of me and I can be accountable for my actions. No longer lazy daisy :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I've only lost five pounds so far, but those five pounds really mattered to me because I didn't know I could do it. It's nice to see all that I'm taking in in front of me and I can be accountable for my actions. No longer lazy daisy :)

Way to go!

I have had many small victories as I have been on this journey, and I celebrate each one. My best small success is that my determination and motivation has been contagious among my friends and family to the point that we have a support group on my FB page that we use to encourage and motivate each other. That was a true win for me.

Mary Ann
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/iddreams/view/overcoming-the-obesity-mindset-194711
  • gabadabadoo
    Options
    I have been needing (and sort-of wanting) to get to a gym for at least a year now. I finally plucked up the courage to go last school holidays, and went for my induction and then got sick and didn't return for 2 1/2 months. These holidays, my promise to myself was to not only go back to the gym, but to go for at least half an hour a day - and I have - every day! Yay!
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    This is the best thread EVER! Keep 'em coming!
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Lyndi4 Your story of your week is incredibly inspiring. I don't know if I could hold it together through all that AND make time for myself. You're amazing!

I second this!
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Can't wait till my rings fit again.. getting closer!
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning for the first time in a very long time without pain. My hips and back have been really bad since I had my twins 3 years ago. I have been able to sleep and NOT be in pain. I'm feeling GREAT for once and it's because I am sleeping and not struggling with my back and hip pain. I also survived day 4 of the 30DS and feel better than I have felt in a long long time. I love MFP and have had a great experience so far and it's only day 6 for me! I hope everyone meets their goals and continues to support each other and cheer each other on! Good luck, all!!
  • EuroReady
    Options
    We had a late shift at work, doing a lot of furniture moving, and my manager brought chocolatey chocolate brownies with coffee icing (my weakness). Even though I wanted some, and even though I was pressured to have some, I just stayed there with my happy serving of my mini rice cakes.
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I get compliments from fellow co workers. It's a great feeling. MFP has been very encouraging as well!!
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    In addition, I'm 1 lb from my ultimate goal. I'm hoping to maintain it and tone up for my summer vacation to Vegas.
  • EuroReady
    Options
    Went to a club meeting today, where there were about 7 different types of awesome-toppinged pizzas and soda and I didn't have any! Instead, after, I came home and had broccoli and homemade hummus for lunch!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!