ok I have a question about water intake.

Options
I am having an apple cider that I made in my keurig coffee machine. And the question that I have is since I made it using the machine does it count for my water intake?

Replies

• amonkey9
    Options
    Preference. Its your call :)
  • cwalters1540
    cwalters1540 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been told if you wouldn't wash your clothes in it then it doesn't count as water. I don't think that's a hard and fast rule, though.
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Ok, I will then count it as a water drink because it is made from the water out of my coffee maker. Thanks for your output, I just was not sure.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I think it is a personal thing. For me, I don't count anything but pure water towards my water intake for the day. Other people think anything they drink can be counted. All about personal choices.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind all of the extra sugar younger gettin with your "water". Try & drink the real stuff... :)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    that would be a big fat NOPE!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt count it - its not called water once the ingrediants change.

Try drinking 8 glasses of real water, then have that stuff as extras. Your body will thank you for it.

I personally have minimum 8 glasses of water, then always one extra to flush out the sugar, caffeine etc for each 'other' drink I have.
  • jeni_Giedd
    Options
    If it's from Keurig, I'd say yes, because you'd count a bottle of water you put a packet of powder into to flavor it. Same thing in my eyes!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    How you count it may be a personal choice, but your body doesn't really care what you count. It will still use the water as hydration, no matter what your personal feelings on the matter may be.
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    It's better if you only drink water, that is all your body really wants and desires. On the other hand, any liquid you see is meerly flavored water! Count the water, but log the calories... that's what I do. If you drink 10 cans of coke vrs 10 cans of water you're still gonna be taking a big bathroom break. But the nutritional value from drinking the coke is obviously going to kill you for calories and sugar intake.
  • JaycrazyRose
    Options
    I just checked the sugar values in both and the one made by Keurig has less sugar than the one that is sold in the store that i work in which is Winn Dixie. Keurig sells the Green Mountain Naturals which has less sugar only 16g where the one in winn Dixie has 28, it also has less sodim only 10mg.
  • Elliwight
    Options
    I count my hot tea intake as water. :)
  • pdenson
    Options
    can you see through it? (excluding maybe sweetened beverages) (answer = answer to your question) :wink:
  • Suzeesmu
    Suzeesmu Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, water has no calories, no sugar, and no sodium. :wink: I would not count that as water, but as an extra beverage to be logged in your food diary as it does have numbers that will affect your daily counts. If, on the other hand, it does not have calories or sodium as some powdered beverage flavorings, then I could see counting it as water. Just my 2 cents!
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's technically water but I wouldn't count it - I would just think of it as extra water :)
  • JollyJane13
    JollyJane13 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If it's from Keurig, I'd say yes, because you'd count a bottle of water you put a packet of powder into to flavor it. Same thing in my eyes!

No I wouldn't count anything that has had anything added other than LifeWater or VitaminWater. Its not water, its Apple Cider. Shoot, coffee, tea, soda,koolaid would all have to be counted by this logic.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    For me personally I believe that water should only be counted if it's pure water. It's sort of like counting soda as water just because it has some water in it. But it's your choice ultimately.
  • nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time drinking straight water cause my town water is nasty so I use crystal light to flavor it a bit. I count it as my water but also log my crystal light. I drink a 2qt container daily and log 8glasses of water pluse 40cals for the crystal light. Guess its your personal choice.
  • JaycrazyRose
    Options
    I drink Crystal light as well. But once in a while I like something different.
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    I own the apple cider also. I would say no, since it's almost like apple juice.