Vitamin Supplements: What do are you taking?

Options

Replies

• Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    This is a hot topic! Omega 3 fish oil, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Vitamin B complex, Calcium/vitamin C, zinc, creatine monohydrate

I was told by my derm to wear spf 15 DAILY and to take Vitamin D supplements... unless you eat 3 or more serving of oil fish/salmon a week - you need Omega 3 supplements. If you dont' eat many fruits or veggies you should take a multivitamin.
  • christinajohnson
    christinajohnson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Because I have been traveling back and forth to Louisiana, I've been taking airborne (or emergen-c), vitafusion gummy multivites for adults and halls defense drops.
  • jeni_Giedd
    Options
    Niacin - get the flush free kind - is a natural B vitamin - which fights cholesterol and triglycerides. I take 1000 mgs every day. I also take a magnesium/Vitamin D/Calcium tablet, 1000mg fish oil, all as rec. by my doctor. I take a multi vitamin, too.
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I ditched all of my others and now just take my prenatal vitamins. I'm no longer pregnant, but I just keep getting the prescription refilled. Super easy...two pills in the am...awesome stuff.
  • CROD1305
    Options
    Multi - Animal Pak
    Fat loss - Red line Ultra Hardcore
    Protein shakes - Muscle Milk
  • emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I only take 1 fish pill a day, the package says take up to 3, idk why. I just take the one. Does anyone know, is it okay to just take the one?
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I own TONS of supplements. Just cause I acquired them all when I first realized the world of supplements. :)

As for supplements I try to take everyday:

Multi-Vitamin
    Fish Oil
    CLA (conjugated linoleic acids) - This is a good one!
    Lethicin
    Chromium
    Zinc
    C-Complex
    B-12

Vitamin C depending on fruit consumption for the day.
    Vitamin D in the winter.

Started taking Ashwagandha and Rhodiola recently as well.
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Creatine
    Protein
    Caffeine
    DAA
    Erase
    L-Dopa
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I only take 1 fish pill a day, the package says take up to 3, idk why. I just take the one. Does anyone know, is it okay to just take the one?

it's probably only 300 mg of omega-3
    Most people take at least 900mg.
  • amandavictoria80
    Options
    I am looking for advice in this as well. I have the One a Day for Metabolism...and I have glucosomine for joints. I am wondering if I should be taking more (fish oil repulses me)..and what I should be taking??

How do you find glucosomine?

Fish oil is a very important supplement. There are many fish oil supplements that do not taste fishy. You could also take Flax Seed Oil as a alternative.

A B-Complex is a good supplement to take as well.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

your current health and what you want to get out of the fish oil determine how much and when you should take them. i would do some more research. one is ok but i would also talk to your doctor about it

otherwise i currently take a multi, b12 complex, magnesium, 2 fish oils (1000mg, 1 before breakfast, one before bed), melatonin (to sleep) and a probiotic
    and then protein powder most days i do insanity
  • amandavictoria80
    Options

1,000mg is recommended daily.
  • martalaurazayas
    martalaurazayas Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Here are my "regular" supplements:
    Women's multi-vitamin
    CoQ10
    Calcium
    Lysine
    Collagen

Here are my natural supplements:
    1 tbs of honey daily
    Juice of one lemon daily
    1 tablespoon minimum of organic coconut oil (used in cooking or as additive in food)
    Licorice Root extract
    1 tablespoon minimum of pumpkin seeds
    1/2 cup of fresh mint
    1/4 cup of parsley
    Lysine
    1 tbs minimum of Flax seed
    1 tbs minimum of Sesame seeds (when I remember)
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I take an "energy" support multi, plus biotin (I can totally tell a difference with my hair, skin and nails), and glucosamine (helps with my joints when I run 5+ miles). I also track my vitamins and if I missing some then I will occassionally take a calcium pill.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I use natural supplements from a company called The Aim Companies. They have lots of different products, but I take an omega, CoQ10, calcium, ginkgo, and cranberry, chromium, probiotic, and glucosamie supplement from them. I also use their juice and protien powders. I feel tons better than I used to.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'm a manager at GNC... So I take quite a bit of supplements.

Green Multivitamin (which has digestive enzymes, so I no longer take them separately)
    Sport Fish Oil (with L-Glutamine, so I don't have to take it separately)
    L-Arginine + L-Ornithine
    L-Lysine
    B6
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin D
    Probiotic
    L-Carnitine
    Astragulus
    Resveratrol
    Be Beautiful (Hair Skin Nail)
    Chia Seed (every few days, esp when I need fibre)
    CLA (just started back on this)
    Spirulina (especially when I forget food at work, or just want to up my protein)

I just bought some SafSlim (safflower oil) to see what it does (and up my calorie intake)
    I have some of the Be Hot vitapaks, but usually toss the fish oil one out of it. Major fishy burps.

I also drink a protein shake every morning.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I used to be a supplement-aholic but now I just try to stick to the basics, being healthy is my motivation NOT to take pills. :laugh: I generally take a multivitamin, and calcium. I take a strong B12 supplement 3 days a week since I don't eat animal products. I also take 500 mg vitamin C when I'm feeling under the weather or the people around me start to get sick. I did catch a cold on Sunday (first time in 3 years) and with vitamin C, herbal tea and some soup, I was up and back to my regular routine and even my full strength workout in 3 days.

I'm looking into adding vegan omega-3s and glucosamine since I started running. My joints used to bother me but that haven't been bad so I might put that one off.
  • amandavictoria80
    Options
    Niacin - get the flush free kind - is a natural B vitamin - which fights cholesterol and triglycerides. I take 1000 mgs every day. I also take a magnesium/Vitamin D/Calcium tablet, 1000mg fish oil, all as rec. by my doctor. I take a multi vitamin, too.

OH.....definitely Flush Free! That was a very scary experience. LOL And unfortunately, when I saw 'flush free' on the bottle, stupid me thought that had something to do with going to the bathroom. ;/
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am looking for advice in this as well. I have the One a Day for Metabolism...and I have glucosomine for joints. I am wondering if I should be taking more (fish oil repulses me)..and what I should be taking??

How do you find glucosomine?

Fish oil is a very important supplement. There are many fish oil supplements that do not taste fishy. You could also take Flax Seed Oil as a alternative.

A B-Complex is a good supplement to take as well.

You can find glucosamine with the regular vitamins. Most of them also contain Chondroitin. I have been taking it ever since training for a half marathon and I can really tell a difference in my knees when I take the glucosamine.
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Vitamin C all the way bby!