permanent bloating...ERG!!

Options
For the past month or so I've been bloated ALL THE TIME!!! It used to just be after I ate, and when I woke up my stomach was flat. Now though, even when I wake up, my stomach is bloated!! WTF!?!?!? I've been watching my carb ina=take, eating lots of fiber, drinking TONS of water, but nothing helps!:sad:

Replies

• biologic
    Options
    did you look on google? or talk to a doctor?
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Huh glad I'm not the only one! Hope it gets figured out! :-)
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    maybe you are consuming too much sodium.
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If it continues, I would visit a doc.
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'd see your doc, I used to get the same thing and it turned out I was ceoliac.
  • cowropingirl
    cowropingirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I found out that I am allergic to gluten...the more wheat fiber I ate the worse it got. Once I gave it all up, it went away. Also, if you are eating more fiber than you normally were it can take the body some time to adjust to that and you will have gas and bloating. I would see a dr and do a little homework before you go so you can know what to talk to them about. Good luck!
  • pratod
    pratod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    if you use birth control it's possible that is contributing
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I've noticed that dairy has been doing that to me, especially cheese. I have cut out most of my cheese intake, and switched to almond milk and that seems to be helping.
  • Tabbi_RN
    Options
    Quick increases in fiber intake definately cause bloat. Your body has to adjust. Id try cutting back and drinking more water.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I'm not a doctor, but I play one on MFP. And I STILL say consult a doctor.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    That happened to my mom (although you seem much younger) and it ended up being a hormone issue. She is on thyroid medication and is scheduled to have a hysterectomy. :ohwell: No fun. I'd go to a doctor to see.
  • ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Try eliminating gluten from your diet for a few days and see if it makes a difference. If not see a doctor
  • mshidden
    mshidden Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was looking over a wiki article, just wounder if their something that fits the bill.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloating

I would look it over to see if something fits. Their are a lot of possibilitys.
  • _Kate_P
    _Kate_P Posts: 132
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses, I'll try and see a doctor soon, I just don't know how soon seeing as I just got back from break and am at college across the country from my normal doctor. I'll see if I can find one near campus, but between now and then should I try gluten free? I don't consume much in the way of dairy anyways apart from the occasional yogurt or ice cream but nothing on a daily basis, and I've always eaten a ton of fiber
  • _Kate_P
    _Kate_P Posts: 132
    Options
    also, what kind of doctor should I see for this? I want to get some other things related too, namely my heart. I have a resting heart rate of 64, which I think is low, but when I exercise it gets WAY up there, but doesn't feel like I'm about to collapse or be sick or anything like that even when my heart rate is 180's. Throughout my spin class (60 min) I try to be careful to not make it go over 180 but I feel like I'm not really working hard. :ohwell:
  • MattieJean21
    Options
    I seem to be always bloated. I am 19 years old and I have had the same issue as you since I was about 15 or 16. I get badly bloated after eating and when I sleep usually I wake up without a bloated stomach. I don't drink much dairy and I limit my sodium in take, usually. lol I thought I was the only one who was like this..