Not really sure what to do

Options
Hi all. So, I've realized that pure cardio isn't going to put me where I want to be. I do want to lose fat, but more than that I really want to just tone up and be firm. However, my options are kind of limited. Previously I would work out whenever I was home alone (which was consistent) so I was free to jump around and make as much noise as I like, but that's not the case anymore. So I'm looking for things to do quietly lol. My plan right now is to do around 30 minutes of pilates a day (certain blogilates workouts on youtube) as well as the 6 week 100 pushup/situp/squat challenge (and then continuing with however many I can do once I reach that point.)
My question is, what kind of results can I expect from doing this? Should I maintain a calorie deficit since I want to lose fat, will I still build strength (but not increase muscle size) on a deficit? Should I increase my protein intake or are exercises like these not significant enough to warrant extra? Will I see any results at all doing these without cardio, or is it pointless? If it is pointless, what would you recommend? Going to a gym isn't an option for me.
I'm not in a huge hurry to get smaller/lose weight... I'm hovering around 147-150 lbs at 5'7 and while I'd like to drop 15-20 lbs on top of everything, I'd be happy just being less... jiggly (lol.) I'm just not sure how to get there when trying to stealth exercise (which is because my room is basically a loft with a reallyyy squeaky floor, and while I could probably do whatever I want up here without others minding, I don't like making that much noise and bothering people, and there's no other area in the apartment with enough room.) Thanks for reading, sorry for being kind of rambley.

Replies

• iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I lost the majority of my weight before I joined a gym. What you just described is pretty similar to how I did it. Body weight exercises, and cardio....and eating properly. Especially eating properly.

Everyone's bodies react differently to different stuff. Since you're already relativly thin you're going to have to play around and see what works and what doesn't.
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    If you do 100 pushups/situps/squats a day - you should see great definition. How one can do 100 pushups is beyond me, however. The Jillian Michaels workout dvds are really awesome, quick and result in great definition and strength. There are two minute cardio intervals but nothing crazy - maybe jumping jacks or something like that but it's for short periods of time. I always lose inches and am very happy with the results when I do it consistently. :)
  • sbb4406
    sbb4406 Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! :)
    I've actually done 30 day shred and really didn't see any results. Around a total of 3 inches lost all over. And the cardio bits are still too much noise for me because of all the jumping lol
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    I want to know this too. I get confused on if you can build muscle while trying to lose weight