Do you have a goal weight, clothing size, measurements, stre

Options
Just a random question. When setting your goal, are you driven by the scale? A target set of measurements? A clothing size? A certain level of fitness? All of the above or something else?

For me, I have a goal clothing size range, I do not care what number is on the scale. At the moment I have a target for my tracker, but in reality when I get close to my goal measurements, I'll focus on muscle tone and trash the scale. :)

What about you?

Replies

• LaLa150
    LaLa150 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I'm a slave to the scale. The scale has a way of making or breaking my day. But I'm also just looking forward to getting back into my size 10 jeans. I think if I can get into those comfortably, I'll be just fine. :happy:
  • Gshepmix83
    Gshepmix83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @LaLa me too! I want to get down to a size 10. I'm tired of being a plus size gal. I keep imaging those size 10 jeans and will one day this year fit into them. I'm between a 16-20 (depending on where I shop and what brand).
  • skirtinthedirt
    skirtinthedirt Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For me, when I was overweight, it was all about the scale and clothing size. now that I'm at a healthy weight, it's still a little about the scale and clothing size, but I like to set multiple goals in multiple categories so i'm always achieving. For example currently some of my goals are:

1) To go from my current size to one lower
    2) To lose another 5-10 pounds
    3) To bench press over 100 pounds
    4) To run a mile in under 8 minutes
    5) To run 10 miles without resting
    6) To do more than 20 minutes at a time on the evil StepMill at the gym
    7) To reduce my sugar intake by 10%
    8) To limit myself to one grande latte every 2 weeks (as opposed to my usual every 2 days).
    9) To get my boyfriend to actually look up from the T.V. while playing Modern Warfare when I walk by in my underpants.

The more goals you set, the more you reach and I feel the more fulfilled and satisfied i am, even if the scale doesn't budge.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    body look..i want a muscular fit body.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Me, to get down 2 sizes - to a size 10.

The number on the scale is a big one, but ultimately, as long as I am in those size 10 clothes that I have stashed away, then I am happy. Besides, last time I was a 10 was before I had kids. I am sure my body has changed by now.

Would like to have more energy - I'm getting there!

At the end of it all, i would like to try rock-climbing at a gym. My self-esteem is just not there right now.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i want to get down to a certain weight, see what my body fat percentage is and then if i feel i have room to drop it work on that
  • Pebbles536
    Options
    under 200lbs
    smaller than size 12
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    ins my preprgnant jeans which are size 12's but i know when these fit well i was around the 11st mark on the scales. I am a 5ft 7 women & have never known a really light weight so tend to use my size 12 clothes as a guide and when i gt there i just want to be a nice size 12 where things are toned and i dont have overhang. Then i'l be happy- :-) happy, happy, happy!!
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I want to be 140 lbs....toned and muscular, hopefully that will put me in a size 8. I would settle for a 10.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I want my stomach to look carved. Its still a gut right now,but last time I was 110 I was pretty close to what I wnated,so I want to get back there first ( 5 pounds to go) and then do a round or two of the shred.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    1.) I NEED my scales to say that I am around a certain weight in order to qualify for further fertility treatment.
    2.) My MIL said I will never get back into a size 10, I WILL prove her wrong.

Those are the two most important ones for me.

3.) Work on reducing body fat %, trying to do this whilst losing weight.
    4.) Go for at least 60 minutes on my Cross Trainer on all 8 levels (so far I can do 2 after 2 weeks).

Ultimately

5.) Look i the mirror and love what I see.
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have twos pair of jeans from college that mark two different goals... The first pair being from my senior year, and are hand embroidered... I'd love to wear those again... My second and final goal pair of jeans is from my freshman year in college... I look at them now and am astonished at the fact that I thought I was huge when I was actually just a rake... Hoping that the weight keeps coming off like it is and that I will meet my first goal by spring and second by July.
  • katieklg
    katieklg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Looks like a size 10 is pretty popular! That is the size I'd like to be ... able to fit back into my pre-pregnancy wardrobe.
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Right now, my goals are weight driven. I want to be around 140...I have no idea what size that will look like on me as I probably haven't been that weight since 8th grade.
  • southernsweetie1978
    southernsweetie1978 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was a size 18/20 in jeans and have dropped down to a size 16. For me, my goal is the be smaller on the scale but the important thing to me is to be able to get down to a size 12 or smaller in jeans. Now, my goal was 135 lbs but I am thinking that I might actually have to make it 125 to get into a size 10. I am 5 foot 2 but because of my genetics, I have inherited the big butt and thighs!
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    I want to be a size 4 and STRONG. Those are my goals.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I started at 230 and have lost 50 pounds so far
    I'm 61, only 5'2" and I set a temporary goal of 140. I may revise my goal as I get closer to it. A size 8 sounds pretty good to me.
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    I want to be 147lbs (To start) Ultimate goal 125-130lbs, Im not sure what weight i'll be at when i get to it, but to start i'd like to be size 12-14. Ultimate goal size 10 :)
  • cafel3
    cafel3 Posts: 89
    Options
    My first set of long-term goal; I'm sure I'll have more later.

--- to wear a size that doesn't end in "W" (right now I wear 18W)
    --- to weigh under 200 lbs.
    --- to be able to do 1 hr on the treadmill non-stop
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My most important thing is being within a healthy BMI range for my height but also want to get into smaller clothes and feel comfortable in my clothes instead of feeling like a blimp all the time.