Is it normal to feel woozy?

Options
K so I've been doing this for a few days and I get through the day fine without too much hunger and feel fantastic after I exercise. But at the end of the day in the last hour or so before bed I get the worst woozy / dizzy kind of feeling and I'm terribly hungry. Just wondering if it's normal to feel like this or if I should be eating more towards the end of the day? I'm on a crapload of medications too so it's tough to single out what might be causing any feelings I'm having. Thanks.

Replies

• JenniferMZ
    Options
    Honestly, I have not had that feeling. If I am hungry, I eat. Be it a huge salad or an orange. =]
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    K so I've been doing this for a few days and I get through the day fine without too much hunger and feel fantastic after I exercise. But at the end of the day in the last hour or so before bed I get the worst woozy / dizzy kind of feeling and I'm terribly hungry. Just wondering if it's normal to feel like this or if I should be eating more towards the end of the day? I'm on a crapload of medications too so it's tough to single out what might be causing any feelings I'm having. Thanks.

I can't see your diary, but I would guess you are having a sugar dump. This happens when you go to a healthy diet. Try making sure you get enough protien throughout the day and are choosing good foods with not too much sugar. If this happens again, try eating a peice of fruit. Also, mention this to your doctor because it could be an underlying condition.
  • KickingDarkness
    Options

I can't see your diary, but I would guess you are having a sugar dump. This happens when you go to a healthy diet. Try making sure you get enough protien throughout the day and are choosing good foods with not too much sugar. If this happens again, try eating a peice of fruit. Also, mention this to your doctor because it could be an underlying condition.

I see my doc soon and just had bloodwork done so that should clear that up. As for the other stuff, I went over on my protien today (just a little). I don't think I'm getting too much sugar but I'm not sure.
  • KickingDarkness
    Options
    I just changed my diary to track sugar too so I could see how I was doing there - says I went over today but all of that came from fruit I had with breakfast (and raisins I had on my cereal).
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    MFP is really low on protien settings. I usually go about 25% than what it tells me for a goal. You need lots of it when you are working out and losing weight. If you are making good food choices and spacing out your eating to about every two hours, then it could be the medication. Just write down what you are doing and when it happens so that when you talk to your Dr there is an idea of a trend in place. Also print out your food diaries to show your Dr too because he or she may have some advice
  • KickingDarkness
    Options
    Thanks, you've been very helpful. :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    Options
    No problem :) I hope the feeling passes soo, it's never fun to feel that way.