best place to meet a guy?

Options

Replies

• nsnyeahh
    nsnyeahh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Concerts! Soo many guys there. Get there early & wait in line & they'll talk you haha just watch.
  • karnold14
    Options
    The gym, that's where I found happiness ;)
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Mine was a friend of a friend, I really think that is the optimal way to go if you can :) he's already passed the friend test!!
  • its_sania
    its_sania Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I met my current boyfriend at work. I met my ex's all over the place - one through a mutual friend, one through the internet and two at a concert (different concerts at different times lol).

I don't think internet dating is scary. I know quite a few people who have met and got married through either meeting people in a chatroom forum or a dating website. You get to know more about the person this way and you're pretty much in control and can choose whether or not you feel comfortable enough to meet them. It's scarier meeting someone in public who you know absolutely nothing about, you know?
  • cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Online's where I got mine- March will be 2 years for us! (OKCupid was the site if you're curious.)

Good luck!
  • ikkle_hellie
    Options
    Concerts! Soo many guys there. Get there early & wait in line & they'll talk you haha just watch.

Yep! Met my man at a music festival (Glastonbury) and I always end up talking to people at gigs.
  • cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You get to know more about the person this way and you're pretty much in control and can choose whether or not you feel comfortable enough to meet them. It's scarier meeting someone in public who you know absolutely nothing about, you know?

I completely agree- I've always found that meeting people online is a fantastic way to pre-screen potential suitors. I would always wait 2 weeks before meeting someone regardless of how well we clicked. Not only did I read a study that said serial killers who meet their victims online tend to commit their assaults/crimes within the first 2 weeks of contact, but it also give the person's personality a chance to come out, and after 2 weeks you may not even want to go out with them.

Saves you from having to shave your legs!
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    Bookstore or local coffee shop, bars wouldn't be the best place - like most men the only thing on the mind when drunk is getting laid.
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I met mine at work - we will celebrate our 19th anniversary in May. Why not try golf, racquetball, tennis or sailing lessons? Or a community education class at the local university or community college - photography, etc. Our university offers a bunch of "life long learning" classes which seem interesting. Good luck!
  • winesar21
    Options
    Thanks for all the great idea's everybody :D And for the info on online dating!
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    A bar. I know it sounds terrible, but when you are out of school and work prospects are not any viable option, there isn't a lot of other alternative. I swear decent people go to bars sometimes, too! :P

haha thats class, I just wait by the bus stops in my local area lol
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    to meet some strange women of course not a man lol
  • allehp
    allehp Posts: 96
    Options
    In my experience, big house parties- then you meet friends of friends and have a better chance of finding someone normal, rather than the characters you find at a bar... :)
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I got out of a long term relationship a few months ago and i'm ready to date again :) where did you meet your guy?

I met my husband on plentyoffish.com . Okcupid.com is a similar website and I had more dates on there.

I was forced by a friend to make a profile because I work alot and didn't have the time to go out. Be completely honest about who you are on there and hopefully you will have the same result as me. When I met my hubby, I knew he was different right away.. he was honest on his profile as well. There are alot of dirt bags that are on there for the wrong reason but just ignore them.

Pray to your god (if you believe) as well.. I went back to church about a month before I met my hubby. Good luck to you!
  • Mandypt
    Options
    You get to know more about the person this way and you're pretty much in control and can choose whether or not you feel comfortable enough to meet them. It's scarier meeting someone in public who you know absolutely nothing about, you know?

I completely agree- I've always found that meeting people online is a fantastic way to pre-screen potential suitors. I would always wait 2 weeks before meeting someone regardless of how well we clicked. Not only did I read a study that said serial killers who meet their victims online tend to commit their assaults/crimes within the first 2 weeks of contact, but it also give the person's personality a chance to come out, and after 2 weeks you may not even want to go out with them.

Saves you from having to shave your legs!

lol awesome last line
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I've tried some dating websites and they sucked. Don't go to bars. Any other suggestions out there?

Well, you could meet someone in the grocery store. Are you pretty outgoing / find it easy to strike up conversations with strangers who happen to be cute and or like the same produce or canned goods? ;)
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I know someone already said it but meetup.com is a great place to meet people. I'm married, but I like to hike. I joined a hiking group and I met so many people, both married and single. There's no pressure to find someone but you;ll meet a lot of people with similar interests. My dd is also married and joined an ex-pats group in Prague, and various soccer meetups. It's safe (lot's of people) and no agenda. Like someone said, there are also lots of singles groups. A woman I met in my hiking group attends a singles mixer about once a week. Good luck!
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    3rd rock from the sun
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna say the gym.

At least he has some sorta motivation, priorities and goals.

At least I'd like to think so.
  • Mandypt
    Options
    I'm here ladies. Your friends said you were looking all over for me. Oh how rude, my name is Mr. Right :)

nice line lol