Any one else doing Low GI, low Carb approach?

Options
Hi just wondering if anyone else is taking the low carb/ low GI approach? Looking for low carb recipees, and friends with same issues!

I have to do Low GI, and Low carbohydrate, today has not been so good. Anyone else doing same thing or similar? :smile:

My doctor is monitoring my progress, but basically they do all these tests ( I was getting tired all the time and put on weight) and they tell you what is wrong, and to lose weight! Basically have to change to prevent getting diabetes ( not to mention other health problems !)

I knew I needed to lose weight though haha :laugh:

But anyways looking for any advice, motivational quotes too. What keeps you going? And friends to swap ideas/ recipees with :smile:

Replies

• Carley3624
    Carley3624 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have to watch the sugar> carbs too and not eating a lot of bad fats , I also have to watch salt.
    I have been eating fruits..no added sugar,I did allow myself to put a teeny bit of agave(good) in yogurt and stevia, both are from plants ,stevia is a bit bitter .
    I now eat whole grain stuff, not just wheat....I am eating tuna, cottage cheese, forcing more veggies on myself...drinking lots of water , almond milk 35 calorie one and non fat stuff...I have been doing this for about 2 and a half weeks and am bored.
    I'm looking in cookbooks.....trying to get away from processed junk...Dr. said to and I'm trying to eat things as natural as can be, but I think I am overdoing it and wonder if I am getting enough fat etc....what are the mininum guidelines...for these ?:flowerforyou:
  • lemorncutt
    Options
    I hav some great recipes :)
  • chrissyKar
    chrissyKar Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes its important to get enough good fats like in tuna, in avocados, olive oil. Hmm I really don't know the daily guidelines. I know that its meant to be 5 serves of veggies in a day, and 2 serves of fruit :smile:

I saw a friend who is a nutritionist and she had great advice, I need to go back to her though ! Plus lately I have not been strict as what I should !

Breads with wholegrains in them are better than wholemeal, and having lean proteins at each meal is important too.
    My problem is with snacking and eating at irregular times- gotta each regular times to help my body even out the energy !
  • chrissyKar
    chrissyKar Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I hav some great recipes :)

ooooh good !! feel free to share :smile: