ALL THINGS BEACH BODY CHALLENGE FOR A KILLER BODY COME SUMME

Options
Hello old friends, hello new friends! Welcome to an easy way to stay motivated, in shape and make new friends here on MFP! Together, with positive energy and encouragement, 20 weeks will fly by! :D

I just completed (as of today!!!!!) my first round of Turbo Fire and LOVE LOVE LOVED IT! Sure I have done the dvds since they came out, but never to the set calendar! I feel great about it (more about just finishing!) lost 25ish pounds and most importantly got in the best cardio shape of my life! :) No, seriously, I was just my NDs and she said that I had a SUPER strong heart, that of a 20 year old running back, and I'm turning 30 this June! :) So, this really works and I want to keep it up!

Now before I get into all the details I want to give a warning again...

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR STRICT WEIGH INS, COMPETITIONS AND TEAM WEIGHT LOSS, THAN THIS IS NOT THE THREAD FOR YOU!

IF YOU WANT TO MEET NEW PEOPLE, TALK ABOUT ANYTHING FROM HEALTH, TO INJURIES, TO WORKOUTS TO HYBRIDS, TO WEIGHT LOSS OR JUST PERSONAL MATTERS AND HOW THEY PLAY INTO YOUR LIFE...THAN THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU! JOIN US! ALL ARE WELCOME!

We have different chemical makeups, bodies, goals and timelines. Therefore, if you WANT to share successes or NSV or goals met, then by all means do so! Just don't ever feel pressured to. Once the pressure starts, our tendancy as humans is to become stressed out and then "jump off the wagon." No need for that here.

I believe we can reach our goals and that it's better to do it in a friendly atmosphere than a competitive one! :)

So join me! I am doing a hybrid of Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme, p90x, Insanity, Bender Ball, Yoga, Barre, PIlates, and also Jillian Michaels or Zumba. Basically, I will be using any of the 100's of dvds I have (probably will be mostly Tfire though I LOVE IT) and making a new set plan every 10 days. That way, I am sure to work different muscle groups, never tire of the same workouts or set schedule and have the freedom to do what I want to do as long as I get interval training, cardio, weights and isolation movements in there... Of course... yoga too!

Oh for those of you who don't know, I am a yoga/barre/pilates/cardio instructor as of this year and have a lot of energy! So don't be surprised if you see or hear that I did some 3 hours of working out. No, it's not because I'm at home doing dvds (I almost called them tapes! LOL), it's because I am teaching/taking at the studio and often making up new routines!

I am so excited everyone, this will be great! I can't wait to get into KILLER shape, fit into my older clothes from my early 20s, have a bodacious body for my 30th in June in Mexico and hopefully Bali too! :)

WELCOME...MAY WE BEGIN... the 9th!

=^.^= NAMASTE

K!M

Replies

• Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I want to know about you! In the beginning, it's nice to know basics... I ask many questions in these threads, share information and of course, make up little mini challenges! :)

***Perhaps start with who you are, what your goals are for this year or more specifically, this challenge! Maybe add other tidbits about your life... Whatever you want to share!

For example, I'm happily married, have two lovely cats, love my friends and family... My favorite drink is a Gin Gimlet in an old fashioned crystal glass... However, I don't drink enough to be picky! I dj underground hip hop and house music... I paint, draw and decided to walk away from my Psychology MA/PhD degree to follow my faith/dreams of opening a yoga studio/bakery/health shop last year. Ironically, but totally no accident, I am now a studio of a studio where I will teach, inspire, lead meditations and get to spread the word of health and wellness while djing, selling my vegan chocolates, bars and other goodies in addition to my artwork! LIFE IS GOOD! Of course I enjoy movies, dancing, reading, taking gong bathes, cleaning (I know right?!?!), hiking, mountain biking and all things related to movement and love! Oh and I like to travel! :) Love my parents and see them often! :) I love all cool colors, but mainly blues and the color of the ocean!

I am excited and happy for all that life brings my way! Thanks in advance for joining this thread with me! if you want to be friends just shoot me a friend request with a "found you in the thread."

NAMASTE ALL! =^.^=
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Day 1 and 2 are done! Feeling good and hope that some people join me! LOL IF not that is okay too!

I did interval training yesterday from Chalean Extreme and will do the same type of workout today! :) Of course I did yoga, pilates and barre too! I am teaching today, so I will most definitely get my workout in! Super excited about the next 19 weeks! LOL Who would have thought I could be excited for doing it?!?!? LOL

Have a great day!
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kim!!!

I'm super excited about this group as well! I want to get more healthy (and look it too!). So far, I'm at a decent size--- gained a few pounds during the holidays but am very confident I will not only lose it but look my best.

So far I'm in week 14 for Turbofire but am incorporating other exercises instead of beating myself up for not sticking super strictly to the lesson plan--- I have a busy schedule work-wise (and lately, family wise as I've been helping the grandfolks after my grandfather had surgery) so I'm doing everything I can.

I will be doing the TurboFire (which I LOVE) and will start with Chalene Extreme next Saturday. I also randomly took a live Zumba class the other day and I really enjoyed it--- so I'll be throwing that in there as well! :) Basically, I will be getting up offa that thang at least 5 times a week to get toned, lean and (stay) healthy. :)

_______

So all of that said--

On this past Wed: HIIT 20, 10 minutes of Fire 60 and Sculpt 30
    Yesterday (Friday): Zumba class--- AWESOME! first time ever doing it and I will continue to at least once a week! :)
    Today: Upper 20, Core 20 and Stretch 40.... I think when I do Zumba classes, I'll do Abs/Core exercises after

tomorrow--- is my birthday! So I'll be getting a massage and facial and enjoying a homemade brunch by my sweetie and then a nice steak dinner later on. But I will take it easy on the foods and hydrate hydrate hydrate! :)
  • Thankilates
    Options
    LOL Hi hoya! thanks for joining me! I had so many requests to start a new thread, I'm shocked more people aren't here LOL

Oh well, we will hold down the fort until people find us! :)

I am so happy for you! I am loving doing Tfire and Chalean Extreme and anything else I feel like! We will rock this! So how much weight you looking to shed? Just curious :) We will do it! :D KIM
  • missyshelle
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Michelle. I am currently doing Insanity. I just completed my first week. A quick background. When I was 29, I was about 204 lbs, a size 16/18 and miserable. I decided to change that and started by changing my diet and walking. I then progressed to running. A week after I turned 30, I crossed the finish line of my 1st 5K as a size 8!!!! I then continued working out and added weights. I got down to a size 4. I was 140 lbs!

I maintained this until last year. I had a lot happen. Myt drinking got out of control. I put on some weight. I finally looked at myself hard on Nov 11th this year and realized I have a problem. I had a couple of slip-ups but I am at 12 days sober right now. But no one warned me about intense sugar cravings. So I realized I need to take care of myself right now. So I work out, I drink a lot of green tea, water, etc. I use MFP which really helps me see my diet clearly.

I am dedicated to this. If I lost 70 lbs before. I can lose 22-25 lbs now. :flowerforyou:
  • Moms3Kwa
    Options
    I just got Turbo Fire on Dec. 6. I LOVE IT!!!!!! I want in!!!
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello! I too am a lover of all things Beachbody! I have a ton of their DVD's and currently I am doing a hybrid of Supreme 90 day (I know it is not a BB product but didn't have the cash to spring for P90X) and Turbo Fire for cardio. I just finished my first week of a 13 week schedule that I made up with myself. I found the P90X workout schedule online and made my schedule based on that. I am doing 3 weight workouts a week, 1 day of intervals, 1 day of regular cardio and 1 day of yoga. I am hoping to see some great results from this. The weight workouts are killer so as long as I can keep my diet under control I should.

A little about me. I am a 35 year old mom to 4 wonderful kids, work full time and "married" to the love of my life (we are not technically married but we have been together 10 years). My oldest is 14 and my youngest is 5 so my life is a little crazy to say the least, but I wouldn't have it any other way! I am looking to get to reach my goal of 135lbs or a size 4/6 which ever comes first. Right now I am about 156 and a size 8. I have already lost 30 pounds since starting this journey almost a year ago.

Good luck to you!

Tracy
  • hoyagirl03
    Options
    LOL Hi hoya! thanks for joining me! I had so many requests to start a new thread, I'm shocked more people aren't here LOL

Oh well, we will hold down the fort until people find us! :)

I am so happy for you! I am loving doing Tfire and Chalean Extreme and anything else I feel like! We will rock this! So how much weight you looking to shed? Just curious :) We will do it! :D KIM

Whoops sorry for leaving those parts out!!!

I'm currently 130 lbs and looking to shed at least 5 more pounds-- I would LOVE to see what it's like at 120 (I haven't been like that since I was 18!!! And I just turned 31 today!!) I'm a little less than 5'2 so it'll make a nice difference. :) The goal is to get to 125 by mid-March... or at least LOOK like I'm 125. I'm Ok with being 128 and losing 3 inches around the waist rather than being 125 but still not toned or what not.

I also want to tone up/lean out, which is why I'm doing the Chalene Extreme. I will also NOT skip the Stretch 40 for Turbo and will incorporate more yoga and pilates to be a bit more flexible. Any pilates suggestions? Or should I just stick to yoga given I've never done it before?

I also need to adjust my diet to way more fruits and veggies and less carb-y and greasy foods (too much french fries!!!! AAAARGGH!) And after today, I'll be taking it a lot more easy on the alcohol!!!

Hope everyone's having a great day!
  • hoyagirl03
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Michelle. I am currently doing Insanity. I just completed my first week. A quick background. When I was 29, I was about 204 lbs, a size 16/18 and miserable. I decided to change that and started by changing my diet and walking. I then progressed to running. A week after I turned 30, I crossed the finish line of my 1st 5K as a size 8!!!! I then continued working out and added weights. I got down to a size 4. I was 140 lbs!

I maintained this until last year. I had a lot happen. Myt drinking got out of control. I put on some weight. I finally looked at myself hard on Nov 11th this year and realized I have a problem. I had a couple of slip-ups but I am at 12 days sober right now. But no one warned me about intense sugar cravings. So I realized I need to take care of myself right now. So I work out, I drink a lot of green tea, water, etc. I use MFP which really helps me see my diet clearly.

I am dedicated to this. If I lost 70 lbs before. I can lose 22-25 lbs now. :flowerforyou:

Michelle!!! You can do it!!! You're absolutely right--- if you can lose 70 lbs you can lose 22-25 lbs now and then some!!! Congrats on being sober and believing in yourself!! We believe in you too!!!! Take it a day at a time and everything will fall into place!!! :)
  • LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    Hi Im Laura, I am just starting over with exercise this year...Last year I lost 111lbs and am ready to have a normal summer without feeling so fat and lumpy. I am going to start with Jillian Michaels burn fat increase metabolism. I believe I have 87 lbs to reach my goal weight so I cant wait to see what happens...for all of us. Have a Happy and Healthy Week!
  • mrshmiller9
    Options
    Hey all, hope I'm not to late to join!?
    I love BBody workouts, just don't have the money to buy all of them!
    I'm currently doing TurboJam and jillian michales and in a week or two a friend is letting me borrow P90X :-)
    So I'll be doing a hybrid of that and TJ along with Pilates and yoga because I love the stretching and relaxing.
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Yay yay yay HELLO AND WELCOME ALL YOU NEW AND FABULOUS LADIES! :) I'm so happy that more people are joining! It's a great place to be encouraged and meet new people!

Hoya- Happy Birthday girl! :)

Tracey- I know what you mean with being "married." My husband and I wed two years ago but have been together for 8 years. So yes, i get it! :) Welcome!

Moms3- I love Tfire too! I just did the tfire 20 week calendar and loved it! Now, I am just too busy to do it like that which is why I love the flexibility of this thread! Together we will hit our goals! :)

Missyshelle- You SO can do it! I have about 20-25 pounds to lose too! We can do it! Let's keep each other motivated, k?!??! :D

MrsMiller- Welcome! I love Turbo Jams and it was the first dvd program that got me "excited" to workout and that I did fore more than one week! LOL I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pilates and yoga! Have you ever tried barre programs!?!? I bet you would LOVE it! I am a barre/yoga/pilates/cardio teacher and so for this go around i am focusing more on yoga/pilates/barre and only cardio 3 times a week! We'll see! :)

Laura- Wooo! You are amazing! Just keep on pressing play and keep on getting up and smiling and keep moving your tush! Girl, you got this! We are all here to support you!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    WELCOME AGAIN LADIES! So excited to have you!

So what has been happening on my side of things? Well, Mondays are my cleaning/laundry internet day! LOL The only day I don't have to be at the studio until 4:30 for teaching. SOOOO I am going to try a new barre workout here at home and then make up a schedule! As much as I love Tfire, I think I can only do one workout a week at home (if that) since teaching interval training at the studio 2-3 times a week is taking a lot out of me!

So my new plan of attack...

CLEAN EATING! LOL I am good and then... off the wagon! So I am committed! :)

1. Cardio 2-4 times a week (including the times I teach as cardio)
    2. Yoga 2-4 times a week
    3. Was just given Physique 57 and I am going to be doing that.... For people who don't know what it is, it's the Kelly Ripa workout. It's simliar to Tracey Anderson, but hey, this was free and gets better reviews! LOL So, if you see me say P57 that is what I am talking about. I wil be doing her 60 minute workout 2-3 times a week and her two other 30 minute workouts once a week.

So how am I going to get this all in?!?!? I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!! LOL

Okay, well that is where I am at! HOpefully after making music for a new class today I will have time to make a schedule for myself. I need one! LOL

TTYL Have a great day all! Oh and feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • mrshmiller9
    Options
    Never tried barre before, I'll have to check it out!
    I'm at the beginning ( again) of my weight loss so I'm focusing on cardio but I seem to be getting addicted to exercise!
    I have successfully exercised and logged for 30 days and I'm just going crazy with it.
    I've allways loved Pilates and yoga because there's not alot of jumping around- which now I'm improving on so wooohoo.
    I'm tired of being a wimp. TurboJam is also the first cardio workout I actually enjoy :)

Ps I'm so checking out the physique workout!!!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Kelly. I got married this past summer to my boyfriend of 8 years. We have two amazing daughters, Malia, 7, and Addison, almost 2. I teach 1st/2nd grade special education and LOVE my job.

I consistently work out on my elliptical, pilates, and recently started Jillian Michaels 30DS. Yesterday, I got her yoga DVD and look forward to trying that out. I want to be healthy and get toned!
  • tracylee679
    Options
    Well today was Chest and Back for me and I upped my weights in some of the exercises already, which is very cool. I was really giving it my all this morning. Tomorrow will be HIIT 20 and maybe stretch 10 depending if I can drag my butt out of bed early enough.

Kim - Holy Cow! I am tired just reading about the workouts you are going to do this week! I totally know what you mean about the clean eating. I have the same issues, I do really good for a week then WHAM I fall hard. I do really well through the week while I am at work but the weekends are my stumbling block. Oh well I will do better next week. It also helps that I am involved in a Biggest Loser contest with some people that I work with and our weigh in day is Monday so that might help keep me in line.

It looks like we have a really great group of ladies here! Can't wait to get to know you all better!

Tracy
  • Thefitnessvixen
    Options
    Hi,my name is Jessica and I am a wife and a mommy to 3 girls ages 20,15,and 2.5.I am a stay at home mom and and will be going to ISSA's Personal Training school next month!After I get Certified I will be taking the Nutrition course. I LOVE LOVE Beachbody programs,I have done P90X,Slim and 6,Brazil Butt lift,Turbo Fire (2 rounds) INSANITY,and am on my 3rd day of Les Mills PUMP!I love working out and eating clean.It is a challenge for me some times,but I take one day at a time.I would LOVE to meet and connect with new people with the same goals as I have!
  • tracylee679
    Options
    vixen - what to you think of Pump? I have really been contemplating getting that program. Thanks!

Tracy
  • hoyagirl03
    Options
    Hi, all!!!

I admittedly got a little impatient today and started the Hybrid of the Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme. So today I did Burn Circuit 1 (with the resistance band) and Fire 30. Great burn for both. :) I will try the hybrid out for this week and if it's a bit much, then I'll go back to the last few weeks of Turbo Fire. Either way, it's important that I'm getting in my weight training.
    I ordered the Zumba workouts the other day because I was so impressed with how great it felt--- and it's a good mix, so that should be coming in soon-- and I'll be incorporating that.
    I actually might try that Physique 57... I just read up on it and it looks really intriguing. But one thing is definitely for sure--- I need to do more yoga/pilates!! I'm realizing more and more how important it is. :)

Hope everyone's having a great day! :)
  • Thefitnessvixen
    Options
    vixen - what to you think of Pump? I have really been contemplating getting that program. Thanks!

Tracy

I am on day 4 and LOVING IT!!!! I needed a break from all the jumping around I was doing with TF and INSANITY.It has my body hurting so good!!! lol