[CLOSED GROUP] "A little bit of this, a little bit of that"

Options
Good morning and welcome to week 2 of our challenge!
Congratulations to those of you who completed all the tasks.

But anyway, how did you do on week 1? If you didn't complete a task, why didn't you? What lessons did you learn and what are you going to do differently on week 2?

For me, I made a dumb mistake and didn't do all my sit ups because I waited until the very last minute and I thought it was only 50 so that's all I did. So lame!. My lessons are a) don't wait until the last minute and b) I'll check all my tasks more carefully lol.

Here's this week's list:

Week 2: Jan 15-21

Run/walk 12-20 miles
100 crunches/sit ups (any kind)
60 push-ups (5 without knees!)
1 day of consuming ALL your calories (no more than 10 remaining)
3 days of drinking ALL your water

Try a new physical activity for 20 minutes. Let us know what it was and how you liked it!
100 jumping jacks
Eat 5 pieces of fresh fruit
Try a new healthy recipe out! Great places to find them would be skinnytaste.com or hungrygirl.com

Replies

• apple2107
    Options
    Hmm ... I couldn't finish all the jogging :/ It was raining non-stop here for a few days, but the weather will brighten up soon and for sure this time I will at least reach 12 miles per week >___<
    Oh yea, and consuming 8 cups of water per day is HARD xD How did you guys manage that anyway xD?
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hmm ... I couldn't finish all the jogging :/ It was raining non-stop here for a few days, but the weather will brighten up soon and for sure this time I will at least reach 12 miles per week >___<
    Oh yea, and consuming 8 cups of water per day is HARD xD How did you guys manage that anyway xD?

You're absolutely right. It's way harder than it looks. I start first thing in the morning and I've also noticed that I drink more when I use a straw or a sports bottle instead of a regular cup.
  • lovinlulu
    lovinlulu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I struggled and wasn't able to eat all my calories. I came in 38 under one day but that was as close as it got! I also dreaded and put of the push ups and wasn't able to complete that, also lesson learned just cuz you hate doesn't mean you don't have to do them!
    Cheers to week 2!
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Like another girl said, I didn't eat all of my calories back. I got within about 30, but I didn't want to eat just to eat. Everything else I was able to get done!

This week I am excited to try the new recipe. Today I am going to try and make southwest chicken tacos :).
  • apple2107
    Options
    :O Really? I have trouble staying UNDER the calorie goal :< Beats me, it's almost New Year Holiday here (we followed Chinese Calendar, and all) so with all the parties and gathering, I can't find anyway to stay around 1200kcal per day at all :< Always around 1400kcal per day
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hello again....I didn't get to complete last weeks challenge due to a family illness...but I believe I am up to it this week!!! I am in the VAlentine's day wt loss challenge also and I need to incorporate all the activity I can into losing for that challenge so this should help. I am anxious to see how it helps with increasing my activity level (making me feel better) and how much it will help with the actual wt loss. Thanks maria you r truly a MFP Pal :flowerforyou:
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Im new to this challenge so didn't do last week, looking forward to seeing how i go, i need the motivation (getting up and doing it is my hardest problem, once im up i love it and glad im doing it). feel free to poke me and kick me if i dont report back through the week, i will need all the support i can get :D
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    Good morning and welcome to week 2 of our challenge!
    Congratulations to those of you who completed all the tasks.

But anyway, how did you do on week 1? If you didn't complete a task, why didn't you? What lessons did you learn and what are you going to do differently on week 2?

For me, I made a dumb mistake and didn't do all my sit ups because I waited until the very last minute and I thought it was only 50 so that's all I did. So lame!. My lessons are a) don't wait until the last minute and b) I'll check all my tasks more carefully lol.

Here's this week's list:

Run/walk 12-20 miles
    60 push-ups (5 without knees!)

Try a new physical activity for 20 minutes. Let us know what it was and how you liked it!
    100 jumping jacks
    Eat 5 pieces of fresh fruit
    Try a new healthy recipe out! Great places to find them would be skinnytaste.com or hungrygirl.com
    The "eating all your calories" does that mean the extra calories from the activity you do or your alotted calories? Thanks
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I didn't get all the running/walking in for a variety of reasons. One is that it was hard for me to find the time after work, and two I'm such a newbie at running that I couldn't go for more than 3 miles at a time. This week I'm going to walk to work each day which is about a mile and then get longer runs done on the weekend.

I also didn't get the calories thing done. This was really hard! I think planning out my meals down to the snacks and not cheating will be the key to getting this one done!

Looking forward to completing ALL the challenges this week!
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    I have a plan for how I will accomplish this challenge....thought I would share it
    This is the order I will work out each day:
    20 jumping jacks
    10 push ups
    Walk 2 miles
    15 crunches
    the other parts of the challenge I don't think I will have any trouble in completing. Good luck to all, thanks again maria!!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I think I had 1.21 miles left to do on the walking. I took Wed off after having an asthma attack at the gym on Tuesday while doing a light workout. I wanted to make sure my lungs were completely cooperating with me before I worked out again. (lol) I did 2.55 miles yesterday morning and was going to go into the gym last night and do the last little bit, but my husband's truck got towed right after he got off work last night so we had a looonnnggg evening getting it out of the impound lot. I will try really hard to complete my miles this week.
  • DterMined2012
    Options
    I have a plan for how I will accomplish this challenge....thought I would share it
    This is the order I will work out each day:
    20 jumping jacks
    10 push ups
    Walk 2 miles
    15 crunches
    the other parts of the challenge I don't think I will have any trouble in completing. Good luck to all, thanks again maria!!
    Well I met my exercise goals for today :happy:
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I thought it ended on sunday and i went on a small vacation to see the kids from friday to sunday afternoon thinking i could finish it on sunday. Unfortunately the week ended on saturday. I will do better this week.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options

Run/walk 10/12-20 miles
    15/60 push-ups (5/5 without knees!)

100 jumping jacks
    Eat 2/5 pieces of fresh fruit
  • PBmaria
    Options

Run/walk 10/12-20 miles
    15/60 push-ups (5/5 without knees!)
    1/1 day of consuming ALL your calories (no more than 10 remaining)-DONE!

100 jumping jacks
    Eat 2/5 pieces of fresh fruit

Whoops! Didn't realize I was logged in as my husband! Anyway, those are my stats :)
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Today's Stats!

0/12-20 miles Run/walk
    100/100 crunches/sit ups (any kind) (Done!)
    15/60 push-ups (5 without knees!)
    0/1 day of consuming ALL your calories (no more than 10 remaining)
    0/3 days of drinking ALL your water

50/100 jumping jacks
    1/ 5 pieces of fresh fruit
  • lilrhody
    lilrhody Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I came up short last week on the mileage - only got in 8.2 - and didn't get all the pushups done, but plan to do better this week.

I tortured myself and got 4.5 miles done on the treadmill today.
  • PBmaria
    Options
    :O Really? I have trouble staying UNDER the calorie goal :< Beats me, it's almost New Year Holiday here (we followed Chinese Calendar, and all) so with all the parties and gathering, I can't find anyway to stay around 1200kcal per day at all :< Always around 1400kcal per day

Yeah, 1200 kinda sucks but it's the only way I can create a deficit large enough to actually lose weight since I'm rather small. Happy new year, btw!
  • PBmaria
    Options

I also didn't get the calories thing done. This was really hard! I think planning out my meals down to the snacks and not cheating will be the key to getting this one done!

That's how I do it! I plan everything in advance and it helps me stay on track and it visually shows me that's what I'm eating and that's IT.
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Today's Stats!

0/12-20 miles Run/walk
    50/100 crunches/sit ups (any kind)
    20/60 push-ups
    0/1 day of consuming ALL your calories (no more than 10 remaining)
    0/3 days of drinking ALL your water

Try a new physical activity for 20 minutes. Let us know what it was and how you liked it! (Done!)
    60/100 jumping jacks
    1/ 5 pieces of fresh fruit

My new activity was day 1 of the 30ds slightly dieing now but for a 20min work out its a great burn!