what to do?

Options
So I'm trying really hard to keep up the amount of calories I'm suppose to be eating everyday! I'm currently doing a challenge and in this challenge I"m not allowed anything white (ex. bread, flour, sugar.. etc) only fruits, veggies and lean meat.. and lots of salad....

so the problem I'm having is eating enough calories in a day... I feel like if I eat the amount I"m suppose to then I'm eating alll day long. I'm told I should be eating 3 meals and 3 snacks still if I input everything in plus my exercise I'm way below calories for the day!! Help!!! what does everyone suggest?!?!

Replies

• nmlmom
    nmlmom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What about whole wheat breads? Are the allowed?
  • sfinsterys
    sfinsterys Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nuts (including peanut butter), eggs, beans, yogurt & cheeses.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Drinking pure fruit juice'll up your calories, without 'added sugar'.

I do my best to drink 0 additional calories a day, aside from my meal replacement smoothies (which to me count as meals, not drinks).
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    You don't mention nuts. If you can eat them, you can add them to your salads, and snack on them. They'll give you extra calories, plus alot of health benefits.
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I am left wondering how you managed to put the weight on if you are having a hard time getting enough calories in to lose. What did you eat before you were dieting, try to add alittle bit of the fatty foods you were eatting before.
  • may62108
    Options
    I'm doing all these things except for the nuts... They are kind of expensive and I haven't gotten any yet but maybe I'll go out and get some and that can help... I just hate eating because I have to not because I want to.
  • may62108
    Options
    I am left wondering how you managed to put the weight on if you are having a hard time getting enough calories in to lose. What did you eat before you were dieting, try to add alittle bit of the fatty foods you were eatting before.

I was big on pop and sitting in front of the tv... I haven't really gained too much honestly over the years mostly just sustained weight... lots of fast food.. and I have a little girl I put on a lot of weight while pregnant I just haven't taken off... when I'm eating healthy I just don't eat as much. (I'm also very use to finishing what my daughter doesn't eat... That I definitely have not being doing since I started this journey)
  • LethaSue
    Options
    Avocados, beans, hummus, pesto, stir fry your veggies and lean meat in olive oil. Its good for you but high in calories.
  • may62108
    Options
    What about whole wheat breads? Are the allowed?

They are allowed... I'm not big on bread...
  • LethaSue
    Options
    Cheese s not a white food and I know first hand it is a calorie killer. Top those salads and veggies with some cheese. Eat a cheese stick for a snack.