Seriously not feeling motivated.

Options
Before school started I lost 27 pounds. I somehow miraculously managed to maintain that weight throughout school. I've decided to take Spring semester off and focus on my weight loss and health. January 1 I decided to start eating healthier and going back to the gym regularly. I burn anywhere from 530cal-750cal every time I go, just in cardio. I lost 2 pounds my first week, but I'm not up 1.6 pounds the next week. I'm obviously frustrated with this. I'm not that frustrated that I want too or will give up because it's just one week and I know that this is a journey with its ups and downs, so I don't need anyone to say those things to me. I'm not new to MFP and I'm not new to weight loss, I know how it works I just wanted to share my disappointment with someone because I know you can all relate, and wanted to ask if after I go to the gym today if I should eat like ONE bad meal to kinda zig zag the process? Has it ever helped for anyone or am I doing more damage than good?

Replies

• tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sooo to sum it up in a nut shell, you are up pounds and you want to eat a bad meal? Sounds to me like you need to look over what you have been eating in the last week that caused the weight gain. Is it that time of the month? I wouldn't suggest falling off the bandwagon even worse.

This opinion is just based on the little info supplied :)
  • b0mbxchelle
    Options
    People have told me zig zagging works to help shock the body out of habit. That's why I asking.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Why eat a "bad" meal though. You can get plenty of calories, fat, fiber, protein and carbs from a "good, healthy" meal. Just eat more of it or add some healthy fats like avocado, nuts, etc. Make a good smoothie and add some flax.

By the way, what do you consider a bad meal? Just curious.
  • b0mbxchelle
    Options
    I dunno. Something high in calories?
  • Cindy68164
    Cindy68164 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I know....it sucks. Have you increased your water intake with the addition to your exercise?

Instead of a "bad" meal....try something that seems bad but isn't....like fat free frozen yougurt with naughty toppings. That way you feel rewarded without undoing all your hard work.