4'11-5ft weight success stories

Options

Replies

• Heidiwarwick
    Heidiwarwick Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0" 38 years old and currently 90 pounds. I've lost too much weight (personal problems) and I am now trying to gain a few back. Never had to do that before. So my advice would be to take care. I was eating 1200 cals per day.
  • jid314
    jid314 Posts: 71
    Options
    My wife is 4'11. She was at 140 and over about 6 months she lost 25 lbs down to 115. She definitely cheats a lot more than me though lol.
  • spa9177
    spa9177 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" and I haven't posted my success yet. I don't have a way to post pictures, but anyway. I started at 210 and have lost a total of 61lbs. I now weight 149 and have 20lbs. to go before I hit my goal. Hopefully someday I will post pictures because Ido have a before and after pictures.
  • Dogwood111
    Dogwood111 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    HI
    I am 4'11' and 38 years old....super excited to find this thread. I just joind MFP 5 days ago. I am starting this journey at 160, the heaviest I have ever been. It is wonderful to have so many people out there in the same boat, and to read the encouraging success stories. My calories for the day = 1200. I am doing P90X.
  • alesha95
    Options
    I'm 5'2", age 33 approx 155lbs. I started a 1200 calorie meal plan - approx 2 weeks ago.
    So far I have lost 5 lbs. I eat egg white omelets in the morning with spinach, lunch is a turkey sandwich on sprouted bread and dinner is usually 1 cup of brown rice with salmon and a mix green salad. I use Almond milk in my coffee (Silk brand almond milk 35 calories) and agave as my sugar substitute.
    Plain popcorn and almonds have been my go-to snack when I'm hungry.

Sometimes I feel a little sad when I see the scale not going down fast enough. Once I start exercising I'm hoping the weight will melt off.

All the best ladies, looking forward to your success stories!
  • bander21
    bander21 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm 5'0 20 years old and about 152 lbs! Horrible! My lightest was was 125! I'm working really hard to get back to that point! I want to be in a bikini by this summer! I have some medical problems that are slowing it down. I do Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30, and I plan to start P90x with my college in February!!! SO I hate being short because 2 ibs looks like ten! BUT I LOVE to have short friends!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
  • LHSweeney
    LHSweeney Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    5ft and almost 44 years old
    SW 130 (MFP has my ticker messed up for some reason)
    CW 122
    GW 115
    It is all about being consistent, planning and preparing food, planning caloric intake with the excercise you are going to do each day, and getting those workouts done. I was sick for 10 days and could not work out so I just made sure my calories stayed under 1200 the whole time.
    I use the 1200 as a guide and always shoot to stay just under that or whatever the daily goal is (after exercise) ....
    It has taken me a month to get off 8 pounds (I flucuate about 3 pounds frequently !) but the best part is the HUGE changes in my body shape and the tightening of my skin and abs.
    Slow-weight-loss sux a little but the result is crazy good.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3", a little over the height for the success stories you're looking for. Not much success here yet, I've lost 2 lbs this week which I'm quite proud of. My calorie intake for the day is supposed to be 1200 cals, which I mainly stick around. But I will post my success story when I get down to my goal weight of 104. Good luck!
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My cals are set at 1400.
    I eat more when I do strength training. When I run (my favorite thing ever), I stick to between 1200 -1400. I'm pretty much at maintenance now and trying to tone up and gain muscle.
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'0 at 130lb. I started logging on MFP July 2011 when I was at 144lb (my highest). My goal weight is 100-105lb. I am on a 1200 calories NET diet. I do eat more than 1200/day depending on my exercise calories burned. I do cardio 4x/week and mountain bike once a week. I also lift weight every other day or so. I'm hoping for a before and after picture once I get to my goal weight. I'm hoping to lose 25lbs by this May but I'll settle for 20.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    5'1" 41 years old.

SW 135
    GW 110
    CW 105

At 1350 - 1500 calories a day depending on exercise I've been maintaining for about 5 months.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    5'1" 41 years old.

SW 135
    GW 110
    CW 105

At 1350 - 1500 calories a day depending on exercise I've been maintaining for about 5 months.

I needed to see this, I find it's harder to relate to the people trying to lose like 75 lbs, but this was inspiring. Thank you. P.S. You do not look 41, you look like you could pass for my age (21).
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Oh we're out here alright :)

I lost about 25-30 lbs over a year and a half ago and have been maintaining that weight since. I'm currently working on toning up and defining, losing maybe another 5 lbs or so.

Stats:

Starting weight: 130-135
    Current weight: 109
    Goal weight: 103-105
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello
    Im 5'2.5" 30, started off at 158 now down to 123lbs, been maintaining since april. However im now looking to get to 119lbs and get leaner .
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    I'm a little over the range you're looking for. I'm 5'2" and 27 years old. This thread has been awesome, though. It's great seeing all shorty success stories!

My highest weight was 265. I'm currently 252(ish). My goal weight at this time is 150. Although I'm short, I have a heavier bone structure than most petite women. I think that 130 would be the lowest I would try to go, but I'd be quite happy to reach 150. I haven't seen that weight since I was 18 years old and pregnant with my first daughter. I've really let life get the better of me over the past 9 years.
  • kenya1993
    Options
    I just recently joined MFP yesterday. I am 5'' also. I currently weigh 195 this is the heaviest I've been. I would like to lose 55-45 lbs. Also, looking for friends to share ideas and for support through this journey.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    well all you can add me and maybe we should make up a group or something
  • ruthiebear123
    ruthiebear123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and I've lost 34lb! Still another 17lb to go! I think a group sounds great! :)

Xx
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'9" (and a 1/2 ;) ) My highest was about 174 when I was pregnant with my daughter. After I had her I was 164. As of this morning I'm 148.6. 120 is my first goal and we'll see how I feel from there. So, I still have about 30 pounds to go... But you better believe its coming OFF!
  • preciouss1983
    preciouss1983 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 4"11 started 7/2011 at 230lbs lost 13.6 by Dec. I probably for sure would have lost more but I slacked off so I deleted my account and started 1/2012 at 216.4lbs so far I have lost an additional 5lbs whoo hoo. My first mini goal is to be at 175lbs by the end of May. That will be a total of 55lbs 1/2 the weight I need to lose and then next goal is to reach 120 by the end of the year. Add me shorties!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!