Does anyone admit to cheating?

Options

Replies

• Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    No I add everything and if I go over I go over. Your only fooling yourself if you do any differently.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Everything gets logged good or bad!
  • christ4life63
    christ4life63 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have cheated last night, :laugh: with french fries with carne asada and cheese, I think everyone has cheated at one point and just doesn't admit it. It's OK to cheat once in a while:noway: . The important thing is that we know what we did wasn't right, and we continue with our weight program, Thats it. easy as that, well for me it is. I wish everyone the best of Luck. :):smile:
  • biologic
    Options
    Goes anyone 'manipulate' their diary, not to fool themselves but so it looks better on MFP?

if you feel like you are doing that just make your diary private
  • sassygamma
    sassygamma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    No i don't, i think i actually add more calories i guesstamate on alot of things like onions and shallots stuff like that... But if i lie to the diary i will be the one cheating myself, i am trying to eat healthy, and seeing what i eat makes it easier for me to understand what i eat that will hurt me... So whether or not i like seeing it makes me accountable....
  • NianMaya
    NianMaya Posts: 108
    Options
    I have never cheated my diary however in the beginning I kept it private. Then I started to lose weight and understand that my MFP friends were here to motivate and support me, not to judge. So I opened my diary to my friends and have no regrets. I record my sugar high and my "over the top" days just like any other day.... just take look!
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    Nope, and my diary is private. But I want to be accountable for my choices, so I am honest with myself.

Me too
  • turleyw
    Options
    I do... Of course its usually a really big cheat... Like Friday it was my daughters birthday and a coworker. Hello-- how can you resist german choc cake w/coconut frosting and dq ice cream cake...
  • dizzyblondegirlie
    Options
    no. The only things I don't add - because it's tedious - is salt and pepper. No point in lying to myself. The point of it is to monitor my calorie intake so I would only be confusing myself.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    No, I take responsibility for everything I need, no matter how bad.
  • Pebbles536
    Options
    I log everything! I try to fit the splurge in my everyday food goal but if it doesn't then I just work harder to earn it or the next day to make it up.
  • jshorr
    jshorr Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I just started here and it was really educational for me to actually add everything I ate. I had no idea how much extra crap I was shoving in my face. The totals scared me, but I realized that I definately need to watch myself.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Goes anyone 'manipulate' their diary, not to fool themselves but so it looks better on MFP?
    Honesty with yourself is part of the journey. Integrity counts. Admitting downfalls makes you better and creates character.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • flagator11
    flagator11 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I need to only look at my diary from yesterday to know I'm not cheating. A night at the bar means a lot of drinks and bar food and a lot of calories.
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Sometimes......but guess the only person i'm cheating is myself
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Nah I used to that all the time..then I joined mfp.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    No, It's my body, my life and my decisions. If anyone doesn't like what I eat they can unfriend me lol.
    When I go out for dinner if it's not a chain and I can't find their food in the data base I just won't log, but no I don't lie on my diary.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

I am completely honest in my food and exercise diary. It serves no purpose for myself or my friends to be anything but honest.
  • pwak
    pwak Posts: 9
    Options
    Nope, and my diary is private. But I want to be accountable for my choices, so I am honest with myself.

Agreed. If you can't be honest with yourself you are doomed from the word go. :smile:
  • carlachristinewhite
    Options
    It is a joke using this website if you will keep on cheating on your diary. It is like writing on your personal journal some false experience you had. I decided to use my HRM when measuring my calories burned during workout, and avoid using the website's to be more accurate. That way I don't have an excuse to overeat, showing off that is true is one thing, showing off what is false is another and it is not inspiring at all.