Slim Fast diet

Options
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone else on here was on the slim fast diet.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Slim fast diet usually results in quick return weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • butterflysigns
    Options
    Ok, that is not what I wanted to hear, but thanks anyways. I was just curious if anyone else was doing the slim fast diet.
  • Zoe2901
    Zoe2901 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I did it for a month or so at the beginning and i lost about 14 lbs but i lost the same amount after tht by just calorie counting and exercising so its not anything special i just fancied tring it out but got bored of it pretty quick.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    This probably isn't what you want to hear either, but Slim Fast diet is not worth it. The only good thing about slim fast is that it tastes pretty decent. The thing that makes the slim fast diet successful is the fact that it's a low calorie diet, but why waste your calories on shakes and meal bars when you can eat real food for the same amount of calories and nutrition? Not only that, but to maintain a slim fast diet is financially ridiculous *I* think, and it's just not worth your while. Consider a normal diet of fruits, vegetables, lean meats and grains, and incorporate some exercises in your daily life and call it good. Don't bother with these "diets" because it won't do you any good in the long run. I've heard of a lot of people losing weight on slim fast, but I've also heard of a lot of people losing weight AND KEEPING IT OFF (this is key) with real food and exercise as well, so... you choose.

That's just my 2 cents, take it or leave it. In the end, it's all up to you and what you feel is best for YOU.

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I love Slim Fast with a nice plate of hot wings and bleu cheese with a side of mac and cheese.
  • butterflysigns
    Options
    I have noticed when I started this diet, it is teaching me to eat portions. not eat, eat, and keep eating. It is teaching me my calorie intake. Yesterday, I did not have one slim fast product, used food I had around the house. Thanks for your two cents!!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I love Slim Fast with a nice plate of hot wings and bleu cheese with a side of mac and cheese.

LOL!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I tried Slim Fast. Made me voracious.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I started off on here doing slimfast, I still have some left for "an emergency" like if I need to rush to work and have no time to prepare anything. I lost 7lb in the 1st week, which I probably could have done with diet, it did teach me better portion sizes though it did have some disadvantages x
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast works due to the simple fact that it is low calorie. The only problem with it is that its not something you can do for long term, which will cause you to revert back to old eating habits.
    I recommend counting calories & intergrating slim fast products every now and then. I admit I love the shakes, and do occasionally use them as a meal replacement.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Love it! The sugar in the shakes make them taste great and it's been extremely helpful keeping my husband and I within our calorie range while we figure out a new diet we can both live with. It's a pretty daunting task to completely revamp your ENTIRE diet so it's been a whole lot easier being able to just concentrate on coming up with new dinner menus that are nutritious, satisfying and taste great instead of everything at once.

Although, we're not following the 1200 calorie 3-2-1 plan with the Slimfast snacks so I'm not sure how satisfying the entire plan is but, like I said, the shakes taste good and have been a huge help keeping us both under our allotted calories for now.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    It tastes great with Vodka! :drinker:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    It tastes great with Vodka! :drinker:

MMM Breakfast :laugh: