Diet plans for men? Anyone?

Options
Hey everyone,
I'm looking for greater control over my diet. I'm about 35lbs away from my goal and I'm finding it difficult not to lose weight. I'm looking for a diet that is high in protein that will also help me lose weight. I work out around 4 to 5 times a week. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    You don't have to diet. Get in your essentials (macro and micro nutrients), work out, rest, and stay in calorie deficit. That's pretty much it. If you aren't consistent with it, you won't get consistent results.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jeffwalsh
    jeffwalsh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I know I don't have to "diet". I meant diet in the true sense of the word. Literally just meaning what a person eats. AKA, you can have a health or unhealthy diet, etc. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of guidelines to follow. I'm just looking for an easier solution than figuring it out myself right haha. Just want a template haha.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I know I don't have to "diet". I meant diet in the true sense of the word. Literally just meaning what a person eats. AKA, you can have a health or unhealthy diet, etc. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of guidelines to follow. I'm just looking for an easier solution than figuring it out myself right haha. Just want a template haha.

I would consider holding a discussion with either your primary care physician, or more specified a Sports Medical Doctor who has training in nutrition
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Try www.bodybuilding.com there are a lot of different free strength training programs that are accompanied by an appropriate eating plan.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I follow a paleo type of diet, but I just do Yoga as a workout. Good fat/protein/vegetables make up a majority of the diet. It has worked well for me; however, everyone's mileage will vary. Keep researching, experimenting; you will figure out what works for you.