Does anyone admit to cheating?

Options

Replies

• mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I don't use the word cheating, I dont cheat, I LIVE and life happens good days and bad days. I log every day, regardless. I suppose some would view my diary and declare some things cheating but I dont nor will I ever. I love living period and will not eat strictly out of a cardboard box. The log is for me anyway, so why hide something what would be the point?
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have often completed my diary and been slightly under, then ended up having a glass of wine or eating biscuits, or even having a binge. I go back to the diary the next day and log it all in.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    No. My dairy is only open to my friends, and there's no point in cheating. That would only be lying to myself and there is no sense in that.
  • biologic
    Options
    turn diary on private
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    No, I like to treat others as I like to be treated and I can not stand being lied to, cant stand a liar.
  • Island_Style20
    Island_Style20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think I do the opposite, if I'm guessing how much I ate (like if I was out at a restaurant) I always try to overestimate what I had, or choose the MFP food with the highest calories. If I don't measure portions out exactly, then I try to overestimate.

I do the exact same! That way I know at least I didn't go under! :D Nice work.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I put everything in my diary. I may not chose the healthiest options but I keep under my goal.

I want to see the reasons why I've lost/gained weight and by fabricating the truth I'm not going to see that.
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Nope, honest and true is the only way I will get there!
  • christ4life63
    christ4life63 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    WOW:noway: I'm very Happy for those who haven't cheated.:bigsmile: Good Job :happy:
  • xtravisfx
    xtravisfx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's like cheatin at solitaire
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I actually did on my old account. I would fill it in to get the 1400 calories, but only eat 800 or so. Had an EDNOS scare and deleted my account and got better. Now I eat plenty, lift, and am healthier
  • TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I do!! If I have a cheat day I admit it as my status for all my friends to see! And everytime I eat something I log it!!
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    No but if I'm THAT horrible for the day I just don't log at all that day and tell my friends why. It's usually because of a holiday or special occasion of some sort that I'm taking the day off.
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I estimate my food choices (i.e. the ACTUAL amount of mustard or salsa I put in my tuna), but I always leave at least 100 extra calories at the end to account for things like that
  • LisaRN9
    LisaRN9 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to the emotion behind wanting to "lie" about going ove your calorie count. If you are tempted to "manipulate" your diary tell yourself that we are all in this together and no one is perfect. I don't think anyone would judge you if you go over. The important thing is getting back on track again. I think the weight loss journey is not a smooth trip from point A to point B...there are so many pitfalls and rest stops along the way. I wish I had realized that myself...I would n't have gained all my weight back. All or nothing ... perfectionism can defeat us! Persistence not Perfection!!!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I log everything = the good the bad and the ugly.....if I don't I am only cheating myself.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Only if I can't get a good estimate of what I ate... not to lie to myself or other people to look good, it'd take a lot more than just lying about food intake for *that* to happen. :)
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I write down everything. It really helps me. I dmit that I have a cheat meal once a week. Not a cheat day but a meal.
  • MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Goes anyone 'manipulate' their diary, not to fool themselves but so it looks better on MFP?

No! I put it out there for all to see. With MFP if you actualy want to lose weight there is no point in manipulating since it is not helping you. if you manipulate you will gain weight. simple as that.

you are only hurting yourself if you do that.
  • Starstell
    Options
    You can view my diary. I put down exactly what I ate even the things im not so proud of. I dont call it cheating I call it treating. Once a week I have told myself if I am working out daily and watching my caloric intake and water intake I have the right to treat myself to a sweet indulgence. I limit myself everyday and once a week if needed I will have an ice cream sandwich or a piece of chocoalte cake and savor every bight of it. :tongue: