Does anyone admit to cheating?

Options

Replies

• TeeRaceFisher
    TeeRaceFisher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I log everything, cheating or not. I put in my junk food to shock myself at how much calories/fat/sugars a single candy bar or soda takes up. It's been working, I've seen less and less "cheating" days, and I've noticed myself feeling icky or sluggish after eating those bad things.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Who exactly would you be lying to? That's right. Yourself. Not a healthy habit.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    No, I dare not cheat in MFP it only hurts me. I even log every alcoholic beverage I have.
  • Pkiddy
    Pkiddy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    "cheating" cheating on who? you only cheat yourself when you "cheat". i log it all, but i keep my diary private.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Nope I log everything wether is good for me or bad for me...Why lie to yourself...

One can lie on here all they want but the scale will always show the truth
  • hrwinston
    Options
    No, I just keep my diary private. I'm not accountable to anyone but myself. :smile:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Nope. If my day is too full of junk food I probably will not log and use it as a day off/cheat day.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If you are lying in your diary to impress people, you should consider making it private.
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Nope, and my diary is private. But I want to be accountable for my choices, so I am honest with myself.

Mine is too, and definitely not because I'm trying to hide my choices from anyone but rather I prefer being accountable to myself ONLY. I love supporting and be supported by my MFP friends and luckily I think none of them would judge my choices, but keeping my diary private keeps the journey about ME and my personal accountability.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    no. i don't do food diarys in MFP, i write it in a book when i write it. so much easier and less time consuming. but i only do it every now and then, to keep myself in check.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    While I may leave off a spice or two sometimes, I rarely cheat. I just own up to what I eat -- good or bad.
  • Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Heck no- I want to lose weight. I am the only one who will suffer if I do this! Isn't the reason to have people viewing your stats to make you "accountable"? Which you should be regardless if you're truly serious about losing weight!

^^^ This. Exactly. But if it looks like I'm going to go over, I put in some extra exercise to deal with it.
  • Aerodynamicism
    Options
    If I don't log the foods I've eaten it's usually out of guilt and it's not because I don't want other people to see what I've eaten it's that I don't want me to see what I've eaten. I have no portion control whatsoever so if I actually sat down and measured what I'd eaten on a 'cheat' day, I'd be horrified.
  • Aranda7892
    Aranda7892 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well this is my 5th day and I put everything in correctly. However 2 days I did not add the 2 five calorie packets of crystal light I've drank. I feel guilty about that but it's not to impress anyone nor to make myself feel better it's simply that I forgot. I plan on being 100% truthful, otherwise it would be totally pointless.
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    If you are not honest here with your diary then you're not really serious about weight loss/getting fit goals. What's the point of lying on your diary? If you have a bad day.. you have a bad day. Get over it and move on to the next day. We all have them.
  • Cathnger
    Options
    I havent cheated at all because I would only be cheating myself! Every single little drink or thing I've had to eat goes on there and same with exercise. I'm finally accepting responsibility for my life and the way that I am and lying isn't gonna change my life or make me happy.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    No, but whenever I know I'm way over I sometimes won't log. Not to look better, but just because I don't want to see it. That's usually just when my entire day is off, not just something like an extra cookie or whatever. On those days, I don't submit my diary either.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Gotta be honest with yourself, you're not going to lose weight just cause your diary says you're under ;P
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Today is day 5 for me too. My food diary is open to friends and I log everything, like EVERYTHING including tea and spices and cough drops. I have only had one small 'cheat treat' but I logged it and will continue to do for any more in the future, and I know there will be some, so I want to be held fully accountable. I have decided to be completely honest on MFP, with having my picture of my body up (big deal for me), my true weight, and my eating issues, I think it's the only way to go to be successful

So far I've been good with no cheats, but that's probably because I have a square of dark chocolate every evening, feels like a "cheat" but I'm still in the green with it usually.
  • pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    No, im only lying to myself, i've kind of made it a personal rule to log everything, no matter what and that way i dont end up being too bad because of the embarressment, i cant deal :embarassed:

if i have peice of cake, i have a peice of cake, if i have mc donalds the same goes, we are all gonna mess up at some point, nobodies perfect! the main thing is that you make it better the next day