Replies

• CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I had a self made asian style chicken soup entirely made from scratch ^^
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Left over roast chicken in a black bean sauce with a huge pile of stir fried veg and some noodles.
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Tonight, we'll have fireplace-grilled tilapia (grilled in the fireplace in a wire basket)
    and I'm going to oven roast the following veggies with a little olive oil, garlic, balsamic and S&P:
    Grape Tomatoes
    Wedges of Shallots
    ****ake Mushrooms
    Yellow Pepper

Then, I'm going to toss the veggies and tilapia with some hot Barilla plus multi-grain penne, and chopped Kale.

We'll also have a big salad with some homemade Good Season's salad viniagrette.
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Tonight, we'll have fireplace-grilled tilapia (grilled in the fireplace in a wire basket)
    and I'm going to oven roast the following veggies with a little olive oil, garlic, balsamic and S&P:
    Grape Tomatoes
    Wedges of Shallots
    ****ake Mushrooms
    Yellow Pepper

Then, I'm going to toss the veggies and tilapia with some hot Barilla plus multi-grain penne, and chopped Kale.

We'll also have a big salad with some homemade Good Season's salad viniagrette.

YUM!! I need to eat more fish. I think we are having spaghetti.
  • qwills2cats
    qwills2cats Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tonight we are celebrating my son's engagement to the sweetest, most wonderful future daughter in law and I am cooking chicken parmesan, loaded salad, sourdough bread and chocolate dipped strawberries.

For those of us watching out calories we will have chicken breasts in marinara sauce, salad and fresh strawberries.
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Turkey Burgers. Got 93% Lean Turkey, it will be grilled and put on 100% Whole Wheat buns, lettuce, onion, tomatoe...possibly 1 slice of low fat cheese..it's very tempting lol. With some steamed vegetables on the side.
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sunday night at the Cramers!

We are doing homemade asian tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For him, he will have a very traditional Lo-Mein dish (not like the americanized chinese take out menus - Im talking the REAL McCoy!!!), fresh and finely cut cabbage, mushrooms, colorful peppers, onions, fresh garlic, ginger, bean sprouts, in a light soy-sauce with chinese 5-spice for savory sweet goodness - lean chicken breast strips and lo-mein noodles - fresh made from scratch....(FYI traditional is made with wheat flour)

For me, a Korean inspired sweet-n-sour pickled vegetable dish with chicken, cucumbers, cabbage, onions, carrots, in a pungent sriracha-fish sauce and ginger, broth - considered to be in one of the hundreds of varieties of Kim-Chi....

I cant WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMMM!!!! Can I come over? haha
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Sunday night at the Cramers!

We are doing homemade asian tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For him, he will have a very traditional Lo-Mein dish (not like the americanized chinese take out menus - Im talking the REAL McCoy!!!), fresh and finely cut cabbage, mushrooms, colorful peppers, onions, fresh garlic, ginger, bean sprouts, in a light soy-sauce with chinese 5-spice for savory sweet goodness - lean chicken breast strips and lo-mein noodles - fresh made from scratch....(FYI traditional is made with wheat flour)

For me, a Korean inspired sweet-n-sour pickled vegetable dish with chicken, cucumbers, cabbage, onions, carrots, in a pungent sriracha-fish sauce and ginger, broth - considered to be in one of the hundreds of varieties of Kim-Chi....

I cant WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMMM!!!! Can I come over? haha

I prepped enough for six people according to my husband... what he doesnt realize is, he eats for three people! I get to have two days worth of leftovers! LOL!!!!!!
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian mushroom barley soup in the crockpot :)
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken with spinach, red peppers, red onions and melted mozzarella served over brown rice. I can't wait to eat, but I don't feel like making it. :)
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower soup: 1/2 onion, 2 carrots, 2 heads cauliflower, low sodium chicken broth, milk, flour, parsley, pepper, bay leaves, garlic, and a little bit of sour cream. I feel like it's missing something though.
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    STEW and basic tea biscuits (baking powder biscuits)....it's stewing on the stove as we speak :smile:
  • 77Maria
    77Maria Posts: 90
    Options
    Dinner will be baked garlic and lemon pork loin with 1/2 potatoes surrounding it. Salad of some sort!
    :heart: :bigsmile:
  • Aoife_Eile
    Aoife_Eile Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Had a bit of a naughty dinner tonight.

Seafood stirfry - 1 onion, 1 carrot, 4 mushrooms, 1 tomato, half a pack of Dunnes seafood mix, all dunked in a pan, (the tomato was just to make a bit of a sauce, really), and some light soy sauce sloshed over it all.
    Served with a whole pack of Uncle Ben's Microwave Golden Veg rice.

Too much rice. Waaaaay too much rice. :(

Was loverly though. :)
  • Avanie
    Avanie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had a medium yam baked, 4oz of baked skinless boneless chicken breast stuffed with spinach . 20 oz bottle of water and I still have 400 points left for dessert later. I'm loving this!
  • VinVenture
    Options
    French onion soup with bits of toast and parmesan.
  • ButtercupSprad
    Options
    Very thin sliced steak flank for thai beef salad and brown rice
  • BeUnique1207
    BeUnique1207 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings w/ a zesty herb marinade, yellow rice and an okra, tomato and corn mix.
  • djr140
    djr140 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sweet &Smokey Salmon grilled on a cedar plank with half of a baked potato and steamed broccoli...
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Seared Shrimp, steamed green beans with a smidge of garlic butter, no yolk egg noodles