Recipe for coffee drink like McD's Mocha Frappe, but diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• Figuringoutme
    Options
    I'll buy a can of frappe mix at costco. Mix it with ice and coffee in a blender. Put chocolate and fat free whip cream on top
  • cmunnelly
    Options
    I love frappuccinos and shakes in general - very addictive! Although I still buy them as I can't take my blender to work, I've learned a great trick. If you add xanthan gum (just 1/4 to 1/2 of a teaspoon) it turns a slushy/icy shake into a well blended, creamy and super thick shake. You can also add half xanthan and half guar gum, but I prefer just xanthan gum. I think these gums are part of the reason that frappuccinos are so well blended. I've posted two recipes that I use. I don't usually add coffee, but I'm sure you could replace some of the liquid with coffee and it would taste great.

Protein version
    2/3 cup milk (I use soy)
    one serving of protein powder (I've used both chocolate and vanilla of multiple brands and all work well)
    2 TBS cocoa powder
    two packets of stevia
    1/2 tsp xanthan gum
    1 to 1.5 cups of ice
    1/2 cup water (depending on the power of your blender and how much ice you used)

Faux frosty version
    300 mL (approx 1 and 1/4 cup) milk (I use soy)
    2 TBS cocoa powder
    two packets of stevia
    1/2 tsp xanthan gum
    1 to 1.5 cups of ice

Both taste great and are super filling. And if you want them to be, they are super low calorie.
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • mariasotera
    mariasotera Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • OokiiHeart
    OokiiHeart Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Glad you asked this. I'm bumping to save the great ideas.
  • dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • brookelynn2005
    brookelynn2005 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here is a bunch of "drink" ideas that take the high cal stuff and make it low cal. It's a sit about clean eatting but I love some of their recipes! I haven't check out the drinks but I hope this helps!!

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/category/beverages/
  • BeUnique1207
    BeUnique1207 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    BUMP