How to spice up carrots?

Options
2»

Replies

• ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Make an oven steam pouch (wrap em in foil) with carrots, fresh grated ginger, lemon, garlic, and a little olive oil...really good. I also will steam them with garlic and lemon. I really like to munch on them plain too though. Another option is to juice them and put into smoothies with fruit

(added) Oh and another option - take a bunch of root vegetables (carrots, white beets, parsnips, turnups, etc and put them in the oven steam pouch too)

I do the foil pouch with honey!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I like to roast them with olive oil, salt, pepper, dill, and cayenne. Nommmmm.

I do the same, and it's delicious!

I swap the dill for lemon zest though =)
  • Trinasan
    Trinasan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    For cooked carrots - I cook them in a frying pan. Slice them up and cook with orange juice and a tsp of honey drizzled on top. They taste like candy. The kids love them too.
  • MarciaKeeth
    Options
    I make a dressing with a cup of vinegar (most apple cider vinegar, with a bit of balsamic and rice vinegar; wine vinegar is good too, try combinations) 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/2 cup maple syrup. Add a tsp of dark mustard, grated fresh ginger, a mashed clove of garlic, and one finely diced onion. It's great on sliced carrots -- raw or steamed. Also good on chopped raw kale or a mixture of shredded cabbage and carrots.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    They are great cooked in honey and ginger.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I like carrots raw w/hummus or natural chunky PB, but there are some great sounding recipes here that I will try too!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have a pretty basic question, what do you guys like to dip your carrots in? Or season them with? I guess, in general, how do you eat your carrots?
    I am not a big fan of carrots, I love almost all veggies, but I've never really liked the taste of carrots. I want to eat them though, because I know they're a great vegetable and have lots of health benefits. Any suggestions?

Hummus, peanut butter, ranch dressing.
    Some people steam or boil them, then add butter & pepper OR butter & brown sugar.
    There's honey glazed.
    You can always google for new ideas for them =]